Induction week help.!

autumnbabe

Gold Member
Hi everyone! i have read the book, read the sticky so know what i need to buy when i go shopping. But can anyone help with the induction recipes, I dont want to start and think "im hungry" and then not follow through. I want this to work so i want all the right information before i do so i dont trip up. Thanks before hand.!!

Hi I am on my second week, have eaten cheese omelettes, salmon with green veg, mackerel salad, plenty of cheese salads with different types of cheese, making creamy fish chowder tonight with haddock. I don't eat meat but have really enjoyed my meals and can honestly say haven't felt hungry at all. Good luck with it! :)

Hi & welcome Autumnbabe, there's a Just Recipes sticky, hope it helps. :)

Welcome Autumn - like they say, read the stickies and also peoples' diaries, a lot of us post our menus so that will give you lots of ideas :)

To be honest I thought I'd need recipes but I've just gotten on with random meals :)

All good though and by week 2 you won't be hungry xxx good luck xx

3 eggs, pinch of mixed herbs, salt and pepper and a splash of double cream. In blender till bubbly. Fry in pan til almost all set and slightly browned on bottom, stick under grill for about 5mins until it's risen and brown.

Top with anything, bacon, sausages, salad, tomatoes, cheese..etc and enjoy!!!

Have to say I eat these for breakfast, lunch or dinner!!
My chicken salad one I had Friday :)

image-84571326.jpg

I've pre=cooked my mushrooms for tomorrow as will be breakfasting at 5.30, so scrambling a couple of eggs whilst I fry a couple of rashers and I can stick them in the mike...sorted!

I bought boil in the bag kippers for days when I able to enjoy breakfast.

And I havent thought past that, but it is my first week sorted!! :D

thanks guys will look at diaries as i have read the stickys but got stuff a bit when it comes to having breakfasts

I actually posted a thread about this same thing and was told to think outside the box!!

Last week on quite a few days I would have 5 thin slices salami, 1 mini ff Babybel and 2 hard boiled eggs with a squirt of Hellmans, not like my usual of tea and toast. ;)

Good luck you can do it, I am on Day 7 and haven't really been hungry all day today, this is a first for me as up to now I was getting a big peckish so would just head for the fridge and eat some cooked chicken or a bit of cheese......

http://www.minimins.com/atkins-diet/256186-breakfast-ideas-induction.html

I've pre=cooked my mushrooms for tomorrow as will be breakfasting at 5.30, so scrambling a couple of eggs whilst I fry a couple of rashers and I can stick them in the mike...sorted!

I bought boil in the bag kippers for days when I able to enjoy breakfast.

And I havent thought past that, but it is my first week sorted!! :D

Oh a BIG thank you Dawn, I never even thought of kippers and I do love them - duh!!! :rolleyes:

Ah but hang on you are on WW I see, can we have kippers on Atkins??????

Oh a BIG thank you Dawn, I never even thought of kippers and I do love them - duh!!! :rolleyes:

Ah but hang on you are on WW I see, can we have kippers on Atkins??????

Noooo, starting Atkins tomorrow - need to update my status - will try tonight after tea!! :D

yes kippers in butter boil in bag are 0 carbs!!

enjoy!! x

Noooo, starting Atkins tomorrow - need to update my status - will try tonight after tea!! :D

yes kippers in butter boil in bag are 0 carbs!!

enjoy!! x

Phew Dawn you had me worried there for a minute!! Are you going to start a diary? I have and I find it's keeping me on track, plus you get lovely support and answers to questions you may have as you begin your journey.

And gives us something to read and be inspired by!!

Yes I totally intend to start a diary - for help and support and people able to point me in the right direction too!

It won't be til Tuesday tho as i am on a loooooong day tomorrow - if we get a quiet moment I may try but otherwise Tuesday!

x

ok im confused because it says we can have bacon and sausage but if you buy the pre packed ones then it has nitrate in them. I didnt think we were allowed nitrate ??

ok im confused because it says we can have bacon and sausage but if you buy the pre packed ones then it has nitrate in them. I didnt think we were allowed nitrate ??

I think it is because nitrates are supposed to be carcinogenic (sp??) and they would be liable to getting sued if you got cancer, that's my take on it anyway, so seeing as I was already eating food with nitrates in I don't see any difference for myself.

Of course somebody may come on here and tell me I am totally wrong, I do hope not though as I do love my salami.;)

I bought a box of 180 beautiful organic eggs from a wholesaler, they were expensive but so yummy. Sometimes I just have 2 or 3 eggs fried in butter, with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Its good for breakfast, and even had it for dinner last night. After a week or so I found that my appetite had really diminished, and that I am now struggling to eat 3 meals!

After a week or so I found that my appetite had really diminished, and that I am now struggling to eat 3 meals!
I've also noticed the same. I've been on Atkins a week now and my appetite is tiny compared to what I used to eat. My meals aren't as big (mainly because they're not packed with starchy fillers, like potatoes) and I snack far, far less!

Back