Infection

rainbow brite

~Starsprinkled~
Hi guys and dolls...

Non LT related thread here...

I think I have an infection in one of my froggy toes. It's all red in one area and hot to touch and I was just wondering whether there's any way to treat this apart from antibiotics which would require a visit to the docs. As you know I went to the docs a couple of days ago and will not be going now until 2009 unless I'm really ill. I hate going to the doctors and always feel like I'm wasting her time, not to mention the fact that I won't have anyone look at/touch my feet... :sigh:

Any ideas?

~Gem xx

Vickie - umm.... nope... need my toes, however gross they are!

Lee - thanks for that hun but it's not an ingrown toenail or anything like that. I had the clippers out a few nights ago and possibly cut my toe without realising... :(

I think I'm just gonna head to Boots and see if they have any topical antib's... see if that works...

Last edited:
Hmm i get this a lot as im diabetic im prone to infections and my toenails often need cutting right down the side and it gets a small infection.
I find a dollop of Savlon and a plaster wrapped tight round it does the trick. Bathe it to make it soft them smother the toe in the cream!

If it gets worse u will need to go see ya Doc though!

Thanks!!

Hmm i get this a lot as im diabetic im prone to infections and my toenails often need cutting right down the side and it gets a small infection.
I find a dollop of Savlon and a plaster wrapped tight round it does the trick. Bathe it to make it soft them smother the toe in the cream!

If it gets worse u will need to go see ya Doc though!

Thank you doll! I'll do that this evening! :D xx

Thank you WWJ - gonna be trying all of these suggestions (except Vickie's lol) later on as I'm getting ready to drive up to Exeter for shopping with my lil sis today :) xx

Gemma, if you can try bathing it in warm salt water as that may help draw the infection out.

I got an infection in my big toe last month after damaging it moving furniture and had to have anti-biotics it was so painful. It did the trick. Can you not see another doc at your surgery?

x

It does sound like an infection to me.. I would probably just say the same as the others but you may have to go to a dr as a last resort x

salt water is brill for things like this. Hope it gets better soon hunni xx

Just a wee update on my poorly toe...

I went to my grandmother's and she insisted in putting my foot in a boiling hot vat of salty water (me, exaggerate? Never! lol) and then bandaged it all up - she's big on bandaging things.

I gave it a salt bath myself last night whilst watching Reign of Fire (great film :)) and today it's certainly less painful. Still a bit red and sore if I squish it but generally better.

Here's hoping I get away with it :)

Nope, no pain unless I bang it on something or squish it when I'm examining it lol :) Gotta be a good thing :)

Did you know you could go to one of the NHS Walk-In-Centres for something like that, or the Pharmacist at any chemist?
Very good and helpful and no need to see your GP if they're c***p or difficult etc.

Oh wow, no I had no idea Cathy! Thanks for that doll! :)

Back