Infections

jolly J

Is there anyone out there who has been in this diet a while and had any problems with infections? I have 2 at the moment one is in my gums and the dentist has given me antibiotics . then a very small cut on my foot ( due to shoes rubbing) has become infected to the extent I cannot wear shoes and my toe and foot are red and swollen with part off my toe going black! I have got another lot of antibiotics to take along with the first lot. I have had this small sore on my toe for around a month and it does not heal.
Has anyone had a similar experience. I know every time I have anything unusual everyone blames my diet! The pharmacist tells me it will not be linked but I can't help wondering. Thoughts please x

I would think you are more likely to get mouth infection when you are eating to be honest. I can't think of any reason but i am on 3rd lot of antibiotics for an infection in my tooth and when i went to have it out the anaesthetic didnt work although she added as much as she could. I don't think it is related to ketosis though..... good luck hunni x

Thank you, feeling better today x

There are illnesses that weaken your immune system, perhaps you had better make an appointment to have some tests done in case there's an underlying problem, if youre worried? :(

Thanks I am going for blood tests on Wednesday x

Back