1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Inflamed Bladder & Ditropan

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Qua Sae, 11 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

This quite random, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had/got an inflamed bladder (I think it's sometimes also called interstitial cystitis).

Basically I was having some problems with recurring UTIs since late December.. Some might remember I posted about it in January? Well, I'm still having problems & it's getting worse. Antibiotics seem to help somewhat but now my Dr thinks I might have an inflamed bladder. I've been referred to a Urologist but apparently waiting lists are long so I could be suffering for a while before I get any real answers.

My Dr has put my on Ditropan & it seems to help a little with urine urgency but not the frequency.. It also makes it quite difficult for me to urinate properly.. I really have to force it out! (Sorry, tmi!) I get a ridiculously dry mouth in the mornings & while walking my dog & it stops me from sweating almost completely so I have to be careful of heat stroke! Great for the summer!

I'm just worried about a few things.. My symptoms seem eased whenever I eat a lot of food, not sure if that's just because I'm comfort eating though! & I'm obviously worried about not being able to use the toilet properly & overheating whenever I go out in the sun!

Has anyone else had this? Am I completely alone? Any support or advice would be welcomed. My younger brother seems very concerned about the tablets stopping me from sweating & the dry mouth. He says it's not natural but it's better than needing the toilet 24/7. At the moment I can't even begin to imagine holding down a job because who wants to hire the girl who needs toilet breaks every 5 minutes? I thought it was bad with my IBS but this is pure hell!

Luckily, I have no pain with it atm & hopefully it'll stay that way, it's just the frequency that's bugging me. Sometimes I can't even fall asleep because it feels like I'm gonna wee myself. God, I feel like an old woman! I'm only 25, this shouldn't be happening to me!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I went through a phase in my late teans constantly having UTIs which then led to severe kidney infections. I ended up in hospital 5 times in one year. Eventually the urologist diagnosed that my tubes needed stretching. I had the op (urethal stretch) and with the exception of 1 instance due to my meds I haven't had any issues since.

Hope you get it sorted, the constant peeing is awful, I feel for you. Glad the pains not bad for you, I was forever in agony, felt like I'd been kicked in the kidneys x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.