Info - My Consultant's Seminar Regarding EE 1/3 free!!

I do sometimes wonder if the cons sometimes misunderstand xx

i agree hun u hear different things from each one but personally i think if its working the way u r doing it carry on until its not working then change it.
my 3rd goes in my food cause i don't like veg and its not always there but i'm still losing so until i stop this is the way i'm sticking

The thing with the 1/3 superfree is, they can't dictate to people in what order to eat food on their plate or maybe they will start doing that too? pmsl

Say for instance you filled your plate with a 1/3 superfree, ate a bit of the veg, ate of bit of the meat or whatever and then felt full. Despite being full you would then think, well I MUST eat all these superfree veg too, so some will then force more food down themselves even when they are not hungry.

This is not a healthy eating habit in my opinion and is along the same lines as telling a young child to clear their plate.

I think advising a 1/3 superfree is fine, as it encourages you to have your healthy 5 day. But enforcing it as the law and stating you now can't include a 1/3 superfree in things like spag bol etc, is not going to work.

To be honest, I think if this is genuine advice from the gurus at SW then they are treating their members like idiots and patronising us.

Hmm, so if I make a one pot casserole with beef, carrot, swede, onion and leek and eat that for dinner, the veg in it doesn't count as my third superfree??? WTF!!!

I do agree with the fruit after not being part of it though.

I also have not heard any of this from my consultant!

When I started in January we were told for EE to have 1/3 superfree on the plate, no seconds and advised to use a small plate. Also, the only snacks you're allowed between meals is fruit or yogurt. So that's why I stick mainly to green days, it's much easier and more filling! This sounds too much like a diet and too complicated.

Reading back through this thread, I notice that there are different messages being passed to members by the C's. My own C has kept it very simple and just says 1/3 s.f with meals for EE. I think if a member wasn't losing she would make further more detailed suggestions but as long as the weigh comes off, she doesn't want it to be complicated for people. I like that. Good attitude.

She mentioned Fast Forward being available yesterday as she acknowledges that some people enjoy a very rigid actual DIET. This was to help a member who doesn't eat enough. (Can such a person exist? I can't imagine it!) She is very good at covering all peoples different needs. Also has a pack made up about Success Express for people that fancy doing it.

I personally love EE but all folks are different and I like that its covered.

If you look at some of the EE recipes in the mag they are not following these rules.

The plan is being made to sound unneccessarily complicated, which is a shame.

I do follow EE now and again and really just split my plate into 3, 1/3 veg, 1/3 starch, 1/3 protein and then have your 2 healthy extras and syns. It really doesn't need to be any more difficult than that surely.

If I make a casserole I put in swede, pots, onion, mushroom, carrott and would just count that as 1/3 superfree although I would probabbly stick brocoli on the side :D but that surely isn't neccessary if you are eating loads within the casserole.....is it :eek:

I think there are still a few consultants who are still not 100% up to date with the new info and find it confusing.

Hi,

Not sure if this will interest anyone! My C told us last night that they had a seminar regarding the 1/3 of your plate free, so i thought i'd let you all know.

You must have your 1/3 on the same plate as your meal. ie fruit after or salad on a seperate plate do NOT count.

Your 1/3 allowance cannot be within your meal. ie carrots & mushrooms in Spag Bol do NOT count.

It counts as a snack. ie if you have 1 yog 1 alpen light and some fruit.

The idea is that you can see the 1/3 on your plate and it is 'portion control' in the respect that this bulks out your meal with the healthier things.

I know there will be mixed views on this but just wanted to let you all know what they're telling the C's now.

xxx

are you making this up just to wind us all up? :p

:D

Mmmmm to be honest, i think maybe people should take from this a reminder to make sure that when bulking out meals with veg, you put loads in. Personally I would just leave it at that! I guess they are just afraid that people are seriously underestimating the amount they add in, and to be fair a lot of people probably do.

At the end of the day, any changes they make are for the 'greater good', they want the plan to be sucessful.

However if what you are doing is working - why change it? If you want to speed up your loss then maybe give this suggestion a go.

are you making this up just to wind us all up? :p

:D

Im not!! I promise!! :eek:

I didnt realise it would spark such a debate tbh. I just thought as this was what i was told i would inform the rest :)

I think what is meant by the chilli/spag bol thing is that some people have tiny bits of carrot, onion, mushroom and count it as the 3rd and have the majority mince and pasta. I think if you were to put the ingredients on a plate and saw that definately at least 1/3 is SF then it shouldnt be an issue to mix it in.

Britmum - I think its not to encourage to eat the 1/3 SF but to ensure that your plate has this on so that you limit the amount of free food you eat in one sitting and have more Super free food - if you are hungry.

Rubbish Example lol:

2 SW burgers with 1/2 plate wedges (lettuce leaf & 1/2 tomato in burger)
vs
2 SW burgers, handful of wedges with huge salad on side & in burger

We all know which will be better for us, and they'd probably fill you the same but the extra salad will be better than the 3rd wedges.

Its all personal knowledge - i think if you KNOW you have at least 1/3 SF on the plate then theres no need to worry how your having it - if your not sure measure up

I think its not to encourage to eat the 1/3 SF but to ensure that your plate has this on so that you limit the amount of free food you eat in one sitting and have more Super free food - if you are hungry.

Rubbish Example lol:

2 SW burgers with 1/2 plate wedges (lettuce leaf & 1/2 tomato in burger)
vs
2 SW burgers, handful of wedges with huge salad on side & in burger

But they say 1/3 superfree, so surely they don't need to patronise us by being so specific?

I do think though that a bit more clarity is required around the superfree bit. They really need to push it, as well as the superfree snacking.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the first week losses at group are not as huge as they used to be? We used to get 5 lbs regularly with new starters, now it's 2-3lb with EE.
People like EE (as do I) although they seem to be saying at group that the losses are slower. I can only wonder if they are not eating enough superfree.

But they say 1/3 superfree, so surely they don't need to patronise us by being so specific?

Most of us here have got that message, loud and clear, it's true.

But my Mum used to have a saying about thinking that you can credit everyone else for having the common sense you've got. The truth is, not everyone has got that common sense...

I think, hand on heart, we can all think of people that we've met at group, who try as they might (or maybe don't try? :)), just don't 'get' the rules of the different SW plans and get them completely wrong? I think this advice is to cater for those people.

Bottom line - if your daily intake of food is comprised of at least a third superfree food, I think you'll be just fine. :)

As others have already said, it's surely only something you might need to consider further if EE doesn't seem to be working for you.

I
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the first week losses at group are not as huge as they used to be? We used to get 5 lbs regularly with new starters, now it's 2-3lb with EE.
People like EE (as do I) although they seem to be saying at group that the losses are slower. I can only wonder if they are not eating enough superfree.

I lost 5.5lbs on my first week back in October (when it was only advised you have 1.3 SF, not a must) I follwed a completely EE week that week and for the next few weeks and had really good losses. Since the rule that you MUST have 1/3 SF, my losses aren't always as good (although I obviously have lost weight and maybe it's just slowing down).

I eat until I'm comfortably full and always try to make sure I've eaten my SF before finishing my other foods. Admittedly, I don't always have 1/3 SF on the plate, but I leave a space where it would be - eg spag bol or cooked breakfast as I don't like tinned toms on a plate!

I think it's a case of being sensible. Don't stuff yourself silly and do what works for YOU.

That's fab Harrysmom. I'm not saying it's doesn't work, I'm just saying that the losses haven't been as big on the whole. I do the weighing and I haven't seen huge losses in general.

I know it works :)

the information you have been giving is wrong i am a consultant !!!

Thanks Boopuk. I was just about to add a thought I had whilst dishing up dinner (chilli!). If you couldn't count your 1/3 free in what is cooked how can you count Quorn as SF when you HAVE to cook it?:confused: Now at least we know the information was wrong.:)

Quorn isn't superfree any more ;)

Jaylou, I know you weren't saying it doesn't work hun - I was kind of agreeing with you that personally, my losses were better BEFORE the enforced 1/3 SF rule :)

this thread is completely wrong as you can have superfree in your food doesnt have to be on the side you can also have it as fruit salad for afters this person is talking a lot of rubbish !!!!!

Back