Info - My Consultant's Seminar Regarding EE 1/3 free!!

I'm completely confused. I don't go to meetings but from what I have read in the books, the website, the magazine and on here, EE sounds like the best option for me. I thought superfree foods were exactly that and you could eat as much of them as you like. Maybe I've got it all wrong.... :(

I'm completely confused. I don't go to meetings but from what I have read in the books, the website, the magazine and on here, EE sounds like the best option for me. I thought superfree foods were exactly that and you could eat as much of them as you like. Maybe I've got it all wrong.... :(

Sounds like you have it right :p

SW are simply trying to ensure that people following EE get good losses, and to get good losses, you need to fill your plate with at least 1/3 superfree food.

If you want to eat MORE than 1/3 superfree food, then you will get even better weightloss - go for it!

Sounds like you have it right :p

SW are simply trying to ensure that people following EE get good losses, and to get good losses, you need to fill your plate with at least 1/3 superfree food.

If you want to eat MORE than 1/3 superfree food, then you will get even better weightloss - go for it!

Oh good, glad I'm not as easily confused as I thought I was!! :) Thanks so much!xx

Thats odd I bought the EE cookbook as my consultant said that each recipe has 1/3rd veg incorporated in it. I f you look at the book they have a curry with veg in it, beef chilli with veg in etc.

I can understand and appreciate why they are clarifying this. It'd be easy to have a plateful of spag bol and then a big salad on the side (and you can do that) but better to start with 2/3 spag bol and 1/3 salad on the same plate and see if you're still hungry after eating that. That's about portion control. But if you want the "extra" spag bol and salad, then have it.

And if you're honestly putting at least 1/3 veg into your spag bol / curry / stirfry, then that's ok too. You just have to be honest that it really is at least 1/3.

When I first started cooking, I measured pasta, frozen peas, potatoes or whatever by putting it onto the plate / bowl and seeing wheather it looked eto be a portion. Maybe I'll do that again for cooked together meals to check the quantites?

I honestly can't see how this would makes any sense.

So would that mean if the 1/3 free was on the plate seperately you would have to eat it seperately - i.e you couldn't put the two foods into your mouth at the same time. :confused: I just don't see it.

As said before the SW extra easy cook book has the 1/3 free incorporated into the meal whils't cooking. So if this were wrong SW have some explaining to do.

I think i will carry on as normal incorporating it into my meals when i need to i.e - in casseroles, chilli, spag bol etc.
It has certainly been working for me so far.

I agree btw ^^, but just to point out that the EE cookbook was available *before* the recent changes so may not fully reflect the current advice.

*ducks for cover*

So would that mean if the 1/3 free was on the plate seperately you would have to eat it seperately - i.e you couldn't put the two foods into your mouth at the same time. :confused: I just don't see it.

I don't think that is what they are saying - it's more the visual check of "is my meal 1/3 superfree?"

I don't think that is what they are saying - it's more the visual check of "is my meal 1/3 superfree?"

Yeah i know i was just getting carried away LOL ( but at this rate you ever know):rolleyes:

My meals are always really bulked out with the superfree so i have no worries, but i love my veg. So i can see were people may fall especially if the don't like veg.

I think I'll continue to have my bowl of salad on the side, who the heck wants warm wilted salad?

My bolognaise has so many mushrooms, peppers, onions, and tomatoes you have a job to find the meat!

They might as well tell us what weights to use and have done!

I don't have a prob with the 1/3 superfree on EE. I always put it on the plate first, then the free food plus syns (if having any).

Use the 1/3 superfree as the base, then add to it. Can't really go wrong. With a cooked brekkie I often have tinned toms or mushrooms as my 1/3 s.f. For hot lunch or dinner I buy frozen ready prepared selection of s.f veg to use. Big bags for only £1 in Iceland. On cold meals, I have 1/3 s.f as salad or fruit. Really has become second nature now and I don't even think about it.

For snacks, grab fruit or maybe heb of a hi-fi bar or my fave of 2 alpen lights. Love the choc and fudge one.

It still says this as an answer on the SW site to a question about a 7 day menu which doesn't follow the rules

'Slimming World

Hi Linda - you're right, we do recommend that you have one third of a plate of Superfree Food at every mealtime - however we know that sometimes it might be tricky to achieve that, for example, adding a salad to fish and chips may seem an odd combination, or having some boiled carrots with beans on toast! So we would wholly recommend having that Superfree Food with your meal - but if there are occasions when it just doesn't quite work, then as long as you're still having plenty of Superfree Food during the day, and enjoying loads of Free Food to fill up on at mealtimes, it won't harm your weight loss.'

Don't worry they will soon instruct us on what size plates to use !! lol

I have to wonder if the consultant who attended this course misunderstood what was said?

I can understand the 1/3 super free, and love adding it to my meals as I love fruit and veg. however, saying that adding it to a spag bog doesn't make any sense at all.

I have about 1/2 to 2/3 superfree on my meals, and add so much veg to cooking, mainly onions, mushrooms, peppers and chilli's to most dishes - or giant salads.

I will remind myself to make sure I add a 1/3 super free (didn't for a while when drinking mug shots and then had a gain, although I was drinking quite a few of them!) and just add it to cooking as usual.

extra easy - easy to follow, also easy to over complicate!

I just buy a bunch of free and super free stuff, and eat what I fancy and try to make sure its in the right combination of 1/3 to 2/3.

unless the diet is not working as expected, there is no need to change what we do, also, being a rebelious type, just becasue SW says 'jump' doesn't mean we have to... :D

Hi,
Have checked with my consultant and she knows nothing about any changes or any seminar. She says the info quoted was for the Success Express plan which is no longer included in New Member Pack.

Also I realised whilst I was at work that the 1/3 rule is for all plans not just EE, so even members staying on Green or Red should be following that rule.

Michelle

If this is the rule they are following with a 1/3 superfree, then I think they need to change their websites first to reflect that before telling their members about it. The meal planners on their site do not state the 1/3 superfree has to be alongside your veg and many of the meals planned out are not like this either.

I load my spag bols etc with veg, the same with casseroles,stew, chillis etc. I personally am not going to bulk my plate out even more, with more veg. I think this is a silly rule as it encourages you to eat more than you might want to, as you are constantly thinking I MUST eat a 1/3 superfree of veg too. It will make people continue to eat past being hungry because they will think if they do not finish their plate of a 1/3 superfree then they are not sticking to the plan. It just enforces bad eating habits to me. But that is my personal opinion.

I agree with you. They do need to update their information and also advise all of their consultants at the same time.

Remember it was just like this after Christmas with all the mis=information that was being passed around about Muller lites being syned and other stuff.

Remember you can ask your consultant or you can email Slimming World Head Office for their advise - in fact I think I will sent a contact I have (from a previous query) this thread and see what they say.

Right am off to send an email - will let you know the outcome.

Michelle.

Back