Info - My Consultant's Seminar Regarding EE 1/3 free!!

Since when? I just started in January and got the new book and it is still classed as SF?
The only things that are superfree are most fruits and veg. Quorn and eggs etc are free but not superfree any longer :(

The only things that are superfree are most fruits and veg. Quorn and eggs etc are free but not superfree any longer :(

Ok thanks. I'll need to write to HQ as I'm doing it online by myself and this has not been made clear (the eggs yes, but not the Quorn). I'm going by the book that they sent me and now it appears that it is wrong:(

Since when? I just started in January and got the new book and it is still classed as SF?

I just started January 2010 and its not superfree , I think you will find if you go back and look it is classed as a free food pages 16-18.

Ok thanks. I'll need to write to HQ as I'm doing it online by myself and this has not been made clear (the eggs yes, but not the Quorn). I'm going by the book that they sent me and now it appears that it is wrong:(

are you sure you are not confusing Speed and Superspeed foods with Super Free?

are you sure you are not confusing Speed and Superspeed foods with Super Free?

Was just about to post. It appears I was :sign0007: but it's just as well I add plenty veggies to my meals. I think this is the problem when you go it alone online. I would love to go to a class but just can't get because of work!:sigh:

Thanks to you all for your help and advice. (and sorry for hijacking the thread).

Was just about to post. It appears I was :sign0007: but it's just as well I add plenty veggies to my meals. I think this is the problem when you go it alone online. I would love to go to a class but just can't get because of work!:sigh:

Thanks to you all for your help and advice. (and sorry for hijacking the thread).

Is easily done, it can be confusing all the different codes.

I think that there is so much info flying around and confusing everyone.
At WI last night, our C said that SW recommend that you have 1/3 superfree with your meal and it's not a must!
I guess she didn't attend the seminar.

I think we might expect to find a few more contributions from consultants here, as they get to hear about this thread.

i always thought superfree meant food that was free on both plans?

That's what it used to mean. Since the publication of the new food optimising book (which came out in January) SW have changed the definition of what they mean by superfree.

It now means just fruit and vegetables, with the exception of peas, parsnips, sweetcorn, potatoes and avocados (someone butt in here if I have forgotten anything!).

They are listed on pages 11-12 of the food optimising book.

It might have been more sensible if SW had thought up a different word, rather than using one that had a different meaning last year, but they didn't, and we are stuck with it!

I've been thinking a lot about this thread and I just don't like how SW is becoming so restricted and rigid. I like the freedom and flexibility, within reason, of course!

I think it's important to be honest with yourself and sensible. Putting 4 or 5 mushrooms and half an onion in your mince meat before adding spaghetti really isn't going to be 1/3 SF, however much you might want it to be. :eek: I do appreciate that 1/3 superfree is portion control but you have to trust that people can do this by themselves without ridiculous rules. I know I don't put enough veg in when I make spag bol, so I have some on the side. If I have a separate place of veg from my meal, I always honestly look at if I have enough. IMO, that's what it's about.

These are just my own thoughts though.

So that being the case you can't have chilli and rice or spaghetti bolognese - without having to fill one third of the plate with vegetables. That's... odd. I'd sooner either cook the veg into the chilli or bolognese and make sure it makes up a third of the recipe, or leave 1/3 of the plate empty. I don't know about anyone else, but chilli and rice is chilli and rice - I don't want a heap of veg with it! :(

Same as me! I understand the portion control but you can't have a load of veg on the same plate as your meal.

Spag bol with carrots/peppers/onions on the side? That doesn't work. You'd have to be eating pretty boring foods like meat and 2 veg all the time in order to use that rule!

I think I'm going to stick with chucking more veg in to the actual meal. My bolgnese is more veg than meat anyway (pads it all out!)

Sorry guys i didnt mean to cause such a debate!!:eek:

It will be interesting to hear from other Cs if they see this thread! Maybe my C got confused? I was just trying to be informative! :(

No need to apologise, Pesty - I think it's actually quite good that this sort of thing comes up here on the forum. It seems that some Consultants say very different things to others - at least this way, we've got a chance of bashing out what should be the right thing to do.

This is one of the few advantages of doing BodyOptimise, it seems to me. :) All you have to go by are the instructions on the site...

I am a Consultant.....and absolutely appalled at this thread!
I was lead here by a Member that had read this WRONG info that you are getting.

READ YOUR BOOKS it's all there in black & white....The Web site has all the latest updates.

Anything different is made up fiction and scare mongering.

SW has the most effective eating programmes in place if followed correctly.

READ YOUR BOOKS it's all there in black & white....The Web site has all the latest updates.

It is all there in the books, however, the latest books came out in Jan and whilst we were given the option to buy them,not everyone does so the info in books is not as current as it could be perhaps? I agree with using the website though.

I don't think Pesty made this up and I don't think her consultant did either. A misunderstanding? Scaremongering, no. I don't think so!

I completely agree with this last statement. :D

Thanks and I agree, I always stick to what the information says on bodyoptimise and take what I read everywhere else with a pinch of salt. There is so much inaccurate information out there.

It is also the reason why I think Slimming World should have their own forums so they can moderate this kind of thing. I know their reasonings for not having any forums, but I do think they are doing more harm than good sometimes. People like a place of support other than their group meetings, especially those that do the diet through bodyoptimise.

:D:D:D:D:D

Back