Info please...

mils

I'm thinking of starting LL next saturday and have some questions that I'd like to ask please..
1. When you go to the dr to get you form signed what does the dr need to check. I suffer from white coat syndrome :cry: and whenever I get my blood pressure checked it is always higher than it should be - will that mean I won't be able to get my form signed?

2. I have done CD and hated all of the soups and lived on the choc tetras. Think I need the counseling oart so think LL would suit me better. I want to be able to have savoury packs and like the idea of the veg soup and the chilli - would you say they are quite tasty?

3. Any other advantages to doing LL over CD would be welcome...I'm trying to justify the £70 per week.

Thanks in advance for your help

xx

Hi there,

I am 7 days in and despite having a right binge today I will be back on the wagon 100% tomorrow. I personally find the soups really really tasty, I was very suprised. Not that keen on the thai chilli but the veg and chicken ones are just like normal cuppa soups. Really good flavour in them.

Having had a blow out today I can not wait to get back to the clean and clear feeling the packs have given me for the last week. For seven days I have been looking at food thinking how good it would taste and feel. After tasting it today and experiencing the feeling that it gave me I can not wait to go back to abstinance!!

Good luck, this week I lost 9.5 pounds in five days!

Billie xx

Oh forgot to say - the higher BP may not mean that you can not do LL. You may just need to be monitored more carefully. They also chack if your pulse is regular.

hope that helps

I'm thinking of starting LL next saturday and have some questions that I'd like to ask please..
1. When you go to the dr to get you form signed what does the dr need to check. I suffer from white coat syndrome :cry: and whenever I get my blood pressure checked it is always higher than it should be - will that mean I won't be able to get my form signed?

2. I have done CD and hated all of the soups and lived on the choc tetras. Think I need the counseling oart so think LL would suit me better. I want to be able to have savoury packs and like the idea of the veg soup and the chilli - would you say they are quite tasty?

3. Any other advantages to doing LL over CD would be welcome...I'm trying to justify the £70 per week.

Thanks in advance for your help

xx

Im just starting my fourth week of lighterlife and i think its a brilliant life decision.
Theres a lady in my LL group who has high blood pressure and she is fully able to do the diet - i think it's just a way of monitoring you as you go on so as long as they know it's always a bit high you should have no problem!

I particularly dont like the soups (although alot of people at my group and on here do!) their not horrible but i just dont think im a 'soup person'
Although i think the shakes are really tasty and the bars are lovely!

I think a major advantage to lighterlife are the weekly sessions with your group. Its so helpful to be able to hear how other people cope with things and how they see food and also great to know everyone in the room is in the same boat!
The LL C's also help you fins out why you had a problem with food in the first place which in turn makes you change the relationship you have with it.
I am already changing my whole idea on food after only three weeks!
It's definetly worth the money!
Best of luck!
x x x x

Hello Mils
I think £70 per week is a bargain.
When you add up food,drinks, snacks, petrol station treats, cakes, biscuits, chocolates, take-aways, nights out, drinks etc, etc, I bet it all comes to at least £70 per week.
So as BL says, you are getting the counselling and group support for
nowt!
Good luck whatever you decide.

Hello Mils
I think £70 per week is a bargain.
When you add up food,drinks, snacks, petrol station treats, cakes, biscuits, chocolates, take-aways, nights out, drinks etc, etc, I bet it all comes to at least £70 per week.
So as BL says, you are getting the counselling and group support for
nowt!
Good luck whatever you decide.

I agree with SB!

Sit down and write down everything you spend on food and drink per week. Be honest and include weekly groceries, lunches at work, eating out, take outs, snacks you pick up while you're shopping and when you get petrol that sort of thing. You will be surprised how much you spend on food and drink in a week!

I was :eek:

Hi. I have just started my 17th week in abstinence on Lighter life. So far I have lost 4.5 stone. So yes, the £70 a week is worth it, totally worth it. Even if I don't think how it is cancelled out by the food/drink I am not buying, it is worth it for my health and for my emotional wellbeing. I am not going to say the journey has been easy... that said, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be! The foodpacks are great; there is so much choice you are bound to find some you like. Many people tend to stick to those favourites once they've found them, but if you start to get bored you can always mix it up by having a different pack for a while... for example, when I started I had porridge every morning without fail. After 2 months, I couldnt face another porridge and switched it to a banana milkshake (made up with less water to make it into an angel delight-esque mousse). Now, a month or so later I am ready to go back to porridge in the mornings... just like if I had got bored of special k and wanted cornflakes for a while. The bars are brilliant as well, and keep me going through my long days at work.

The dr's check up is nothing scary.. they check your pulse and your bp, with the same machine so not multiple tests! That's it. Then sign a form saying you can do the diet and you are good to go! Such a good feeling once you have everything in place and are ready to start your journey. I have learnt so much about myself on this diet, and I feel so great aboutmyself now... so bear in mind for the hard times that it is all worth it. I wish you lots of luck andlook forward to hearing about your journey on here! x

Thanks for all the information - it has been really helpfull!!:D

I'm just a bit worried about my pulse and my blood pressure as I mentioned as soon as I see a doctor I come out in a cold sweat...do you think that will stop him signing the form?:confused:

xx

From what I can gather, though I haven't tried, the CD ones are similar to the Exante soups and on the 'cream of' side of things. LL soups are not quite so creamy and lots of people prefer that.

Sometimes the LLC will do taster sessions, ask if yours does. Also re test the flavours you're not too sure off, your taste buds will change.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your help and advice. Went to see the LL counsellor last night and I really liked her, booked in to start on Saturday!!!:p

As everyone else has said the £70 is worth it, the group sessions are important and really do make a difference. The commitment of facing the same group of people and being really honest (even if it takes you a few weeks to get brave) really works for me. Our meeting has just locked down on week 3, which I guess they all do so you don't get any more new starters, so you know that the people you are with are the group for the next ten weeks.

Back