Ingredients in Slim and Save meal replacements

Sammy_D

Hello everyone!

After many years of dieting with very mixed results I have decided to do a VLCD to lose 45lbs. I was trying to choose between them and I had settled on S&S, when I started looking at the ingredients for the different packets to see what I would be eating on this diet.

Unfortunately I can't cut and paste the ingredients list from the website but its listed on each items page if anyone wants to have a look.

Whilst I expected a certain amount of artificial ingredients I was a bit shocked by the extent of this list. Does anyone else share this concern? I've investigated all the other big brands (Lighter Life, Cambridge ect) and they are all very similar. Does anyone know of a more natural VLCD plan?

I think theyre all really the same. Exante has no aspartame but other than that I dont think they're much different. Remember even if they do have a lot of artificial stuff they are still packed full of good stuff :)

I'm really not into eating a load of nasties with unpronounceable names but try to put that to the back of my mind knowing that being an unhealthy weight is no good for me either. It's not for ever and I can hopefully start eating healthily again when the weight has gone :)

And just to put it in perspective, 18 months ago McDonald's milkshakes had around 100 ingredients, it now has 30! For a milkshake!
I'd rather have a few un naturals than an extra 2 stone! Xx

I didnt mean to post that. Aghh

What I meant to say is Timetogetserious you have put all my worries into perspective. Thank you.

I'm still in two minds about this, I really think a VLCD is the right solution for me right now but I'm struggling to understand the advantages the artificial packaged food has over eating a small amount of natural food and taking a multivitamin.

I might have to give them a call and find out but I'm so easily persuaded by sales people! :confused:

I am of a similar mind, and don't drink coke zero etc etc when I am on this diet. I consider what I was eating which got me overweight, and honestly, I'd like to say it's just quantity and on the whole it is, but even when I look at the ingredients on salad dressing, squash, even baked beans, with out getting on to ice cream, cake, ready meals etc. it kind of puts things into perspective. And what will do more long term damage, extra weight or a few artificial ingredients for a few weeks?

The advantages are a fast safe weight loss and the knowledge you're getting all the nutrients you need. Stick to a VLCD for a few months get to goal then go back to healthy eating :). Do you cook all your meals from scratch because if not then the ingredients in pre packed healthy food is probably lots worse than the packs

If you'd rather eat then maybe WW or sw is a better option but the weight loss is considerably slower

It just depends what you want to compromise on

I agree with starlight

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back