Insane Ramblings on Route to being Fit & Fabulous Forever

Sorry to hear you felt a bit down /lonely :(
There's still plenty of time yet, sometimes i suppose you just don't meet that 'right' person....
at least you still have good family & friends :)
Sometimes i feel like i would rather be on my own:eek: , but then that's just me, sometimes i really just love time to myself, which i have actually had past couple of weekends for nearly a whole day each time :D....and i've enjoyed it, prob shouldn't but i have :D
Sometimes being in a relationship/marrried can be a pain at times, (expect men feel the same too sometimes :))

And although married- could quite easily be single if the occasion arose :d

LOL @ your game on the cliffs......sort of thing i would think up if bored (must be the inner kid :D)

And almost 50% lost?? that is SOME achievement ! - hope you get it this week (fingers crossed for you )
Good motivation buying the size 10's too!
Something to aim for :)

Not sure why I've ended up single (picky / unloveable / fiercely independent / self sufficient / not out there / inflexible / unrealistic about relationships)

Me too, for all those reasons :). I sometimes wonder how it has happened that way for me, and find holidays like Christmas hard because all my family is in NZ - but you're so right, you can't put life on hold just 'cause you're on your own, so I travel on my own, go to plays and concerts - it's always nicer with someone but my friends all have family of their own so I can't guarantee they will be free. I'd really like to be in a relationship (some of the time) - but it has to be the right one, otherwise what's the point :).

Love the size 10 jeans and the 1lb goal - you are amazing, babes! Did you have the occasional gain along the way or has it been steady losses for you?

As well as plastic surgery to remove skin I also love enough money to have total body laser treatment for permanent hair removal. I'm a human gruffalo :)
A while back, I got myself one of those IPL at-home hair removal thingies. It didn't make me totally hairless, but I used to be a human gruffalo as well, and now the hair is all very fine and light. Which is why I struggled to remove all of it, as coarser, darker hair is easier for the IPL thing to get rid of. My hair is dark brown, and now I think I could wear a skirt without shaving or waxing, and people wouldn't know unless they rubbed my leg. And if they go around rubbing a stranger's leg, they deserve the surprise stubble! I would only halfheartedly recommend it as a cheaper alternative to laser hair removal, because it takes AGES. zap zap zap zap zap...move an inch... zap zap zap... repeat in 2 weeks.

Booo to needing to go back to work. But yay for more holiday time coming up! :)

I have one of those and they are pretty effective, but, to be honest, I'm too lazy and the kind of person that "doesn't really care" to have a shaving routine. So I just do it when I want to wear a dress. Otherwise I'll be gruffalo mode forever -- it's still cold here in Belgium, the hair might help to keep myself warm.

I think I missed the 50% congratulations, I know you are almost there, but I want to congratulate in advance because I know you will be there soon!

Did you survive your SP day?

I completely understand what you mean about being single. Most of the time I am happy living on my own, and in my own company. But there are times when it would be nice to have someone to share things with. I know how difficult I can be though :D so it is a matter of finding someone who can put up with me and my ways :D

Good idea with the size 10 jeans! I find having a nice item of clothing a good incentive. I have a size 12 dress I am aiming for :)

And never apologise for having a whinge! We all need one occasionally :) x

Evening hectic couple of days - I do believe as lovely as bank holidays are the week after is just so busy I might rather work the monday :eek:

Thanks for all your wise & kind words.

I'll let you with a picture of my spoiled dog who loves biting people and is also pretty individualist, his name is Whisky:
View attachment 172907
Whiskey is very cute :) I sooo need to buy my own home so I can buy a puppy :D

I'd really like to be in a relationship (some of the time) - but it has to be the right one, otherwise what's the point :).

Love the size 10 jeans and the 1lb goal - you are amazing, babes! Did you have the occasional gain along the way or has it been steady losses for you?
Exactly right which is why I'm not in one!

I've had two gains and one maintain in my journey. The maintain was expected as had been up & down that week. The two gains were both after perfect weeks and very gutting. Not sure what will happen this week as been bad then uber good on SP and lots of exercise. Tomorrow will tell ;)

Did you survive your SP day?

And never apologise for having a whinge! We all need one occasionally :) x

Have done ok on SP since Sunday but looking forward to some carbs with my tea tomorrow after weigh in :8855:

Will try not to whinge too often :p

A while back, I got myself one of those IPL at-home hair removal thingies. It didn't make me totally hairless, but I used to be a human gruffalo as well, and now the hair is all very fine and light. Which is why I struggled to remove all of it, as coarser, darker hair is easier for the IPL thing to get rid of. My hair is dark brown, and now I think I could wear a skirt without shaving or waxing, and people wouldn't know unless they rubbed my leg. And if they go around rubbing a stranger's leg, they deserve the surprise stubble! I would only halfheartedly recommend it as a cheaper alternative to laser hair removal, because it takes AGES. zap zap zap zap zap...move an inch... zap zap zap... repeat in 2 weeks.

Booo to needing to go back to work. But yay for more holiday time coming up! :)

I have one actually & have used to help my beard & tash - love polycystic ovaries :rolleyes: But can't imagine having the patience to do my legs :8855:

Good luck for weigh in today :)

Thanks all :)

Up until this morning was feeling like I'd lost weight but as ever on day sudden feel like I've gained stones ;)

Felt bit sluggish this morning and nearly didn't go for my run but made myself and felt great. Lovely bright sunny day. Was feeling so good as I ran past the gym on way home I nearly popped in but did weights yesterday so trying to leave day in between to rest my muscles!

The hairdresser I run past which has different quotes on a blackboard in their window had a good one this morning. Appreciate what you have & build on it I like that & think its a good one for us all. Stop beating ourselves up about what we haven't got / done yet but celebrate where we're at and get where we want to be :clap:

Going to do my favourite thing in a minute - roughly sketch out my weeks meal plan and write a shopping list! Been craving some sweet and naughty. So having a slightly odd dinner post weigh in. Going to make magic pancakes, served with quark with white chocolate options, strawberries which comes out as a measly 2 syns ;) Might have even use some dark chocolate melted to dip strawberries or grate over.

Have found the SP days ok so depending on result I might have a couple this week.

Have been having slightly random thoughts (inspired by Sam!) of looking into buying a static caravan on the coast. Am going to explore the options and go and have a look. I'm not really a caravan person but some look lovely and idea of being next to sea even a few days a week in the nicer months seems very appealing. Plus cheap holidays when not doing exotic travel!

I love that quote - says it all, really! And yum on the dessert, that sounds lush.

I did a fair bit of research into caravans and park homes when I was first looking for non-London living ideas. You can pick vans up cheap enough but they have to be replaced every 10 years or so (which is why so many are being sold off cheaply), and the fees can make it an unattractive proposition in the long run, and you're also tied to a place where you don't know who your neighbours are. Local councils also use caravan parks to put homeless people, sometimes with mental issues, so you need to consider how you feel about that.

Another option might be a park home that you can rent out when you're not using it - these aren't near the sea but it's a lovely park and good distances between the homes -

Flag Hill, Great Bentley, Colchester CO7, 2 bedroom detached bungalow for sale - 34344507 | PrimeLocation

OR you could buy a motorhome and go where you like? I've always wanted a Humber, fit it out to my exacting requirements and then head off into the great unknown. Well, France anyway :D

Hey Shelley, have just had a catch up and very sorry to hear you were feeling down on the bank holiday weekend hun. You unloveable? Absolutely no way!! Good on you for getting out for a walk to blow the cobwebs away and for not doing your usual bank hol thing of DVD and treats. I love that you have bought size 10 jeans to give you extra motivation and just know that one day you will be wearing them! I have everything crossed for you for weigh in today, can't wait to see you get your 50%, what an achievement!

Oh I am very excited that you are considering a static :D as it was the best thing we ever did. I do agree with Susie though that a lot of research and thought needs to be done before actually going ahead with anything and please feel free to ask me any questions as there is more to buying a static and choosing a site to be on than a lot of people realise. I have never heard before that local councils sometimes put homeless people on caravan sites :eek: so even more reason to choose your site very carefully. Much better to be on a smaller, family run site (like ours) where I know that doesn't happen. Site fees can be expensive and vary from site to site. We pay just under £3,000 a year, some are more some are less but we are very happy with our site and the owners. We have everything we need there, small shop, restaurant/bar, two pools, fab views and close to the beach.

Some sites will insist that you upgrade after 10 years but there are many that don't. When our van is 10 years old, it will be looked at on an annual basis and if it's kept in good condition and looked after we will be able to keep it on site for many more years.

As Susie suggested with a park home, some caravan sites also allow you to rent out your static when you're not using it which is a good idea money wise but you then have to consider the fact that you will have different neighbours on a regular basis as those around you will be letting their statics out to anybody and everybody as well. We are not allowed to rent out on our site and that was one things that was very high on our list of wants. Lots to consider but also very exciting and I'm more than happy to help you look for something if you decide to go down that route. Sorry if I've gone on a bit. Can you tell it's something I'm very passionate about? I love our static :D xx

Wow sounds like you've got the perfect site there Sammy, after much research I'm sure!

I'd love more info too, just in case I need a UK bolthole :).

I'm not single but thanks to a golf loving husband bank hols are usually a write off here at Tracy towers :eek:

I don't know you but I'm so proud of you (if that makes sense) 50% of yourself is gone what a fantastic achievement.

I think buying the size 10 jeans was an excellent idea. I'm thinking of buying a size 12 dress as a bit on inspiration.

Good luck for weigh in

Tracy x

Wow sounds like you've got the perfect site there Sammy, after much research I'm sure!

I'd love more info too, just in case I need a UK bolthole :).

Yes to us it is perfect I prefer being there to being at home lol! :D We did do a lot of research before even thinking of buying then we visited 15 different sites and over 20 statics before finding the one for us! Sounds a lot but 'tis the only way to do it really as there is so much choice!

Will pm you the website, everything you need to know is on there ;)

I love that quote - says it all, really! And yum on the dessert, that sounds lush.

I did a fair bit of research into caravans and park homes when I was first looking for non-London living ideas. You can pick vans up cheap enough but they have to be replaced every 10 years or so (which is why so many are being sold off cheaply), and the fees can make it an unattractive proposition in the long run, and you're also tied to a place where you don't know who your neighbours are. Local councils also use caravan parks to put homeless people, sometimes with mental issues, so you need to consider how you feel about that.

Another option might be a park home that you can rent out when you're not using it - these aren't near the sea but it's a lovely park and good distances between the homes -

Flag Hill, Great Bentley, Colchester CO7, 2 bedroom detached bungalow for sale - 34344507 | PrimeLocation

OR you could buy a motorhome and go where you like? I've always wanted a Humber, fit it out to my exacting requirements and then head off into the great unknown. Well, France anyway :D

The pancakes were dinner & desert in one - very filling & yummy :D

Lots to think about on the static there :eek:

P.S. Not sure if I'm allowed to put a link here but I know of a great forum for all static related questions so if you do seriously consider it let me know and I'll pm you the info. They know everything there is to buying a static and choosing a site on there :) xx

Thanks for all the helpful info Sam - would really love the info regarding the site :)

I'm not single but thanks to a golf loving husband bank hols are usually a write off here at Tracy towers :eek:

I think buying the size 10 jeans was an excellent idea. I'm thinking of buying a size 12 dress as a bit on inspiration.

LOL @ golf widow ;)

Glad you like the idea of motivation as I bought a size 10 dress as well today! M&S had a sale and I loved the dress so here's hoping it ultimately fits:8855:

Yes to us it is perfect I prefer being there to being at home lol! :D We did do a lot of research before even thinking of buying then we visited 15 different sites and over 20 statics before finding the one for us! Sounds a lot but 'tis the only way to do it really as there is so much choice!

Will pm you the website, everything you need to know is on there ;)
Me too please :D

Back