Insane Ramblings on Route to being Fit & Fabulous Forever

Just a quick one with photos as seen easier from phone?!

Rather than my dull chores I decided sunny day I'm off to look at caravans :D

Think I'm making newbie mistake having fallen in love already ;)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1431280006.601329.jpg

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1431280070.450452.jpg

Empty pitch awaiting van :)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1431280139.174586.jpg

Surrounding countryside

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1431280186.203878.jpg

Beach five minutes walk away with views along to Cromer pier :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I'm going to have to make one for you and Shelley to try and see if i can persuade you both :D

I like this plan ;)

You & Snow bothe make the look amazing. Mine have so far been shocking.

In a moment of weakness today I bought a massive cake - salted chocolate caramel cake :eek: I cut it in two as soon as I got home & stuck half in freezer. BUt decided unless amazing I wasn't going to eat it anyway as I really want my 12 stone this week. the tiny bit I had was lovely but not amazing so decided to bin the lot. Wasteful I know but better for me!

I like Denn's plan too :D We should have a scan bran cake party lol....

Well done on the cake!! That is willpower! In a way, it is a good thing the cake was a let down, though the sound of it is something quite amazing!

Sorry for multiple enteries!

I wanted to upload the photos but always quicker from phone. Whereas my typing much quicker from laptop :8855:

Had lovely day avoiding chores :) I got up and did a run then two different Davina boxing workouts. So was feeling good after my shower. PLan was to sit and sort accounts for tax return & intersperse that with clothes sorting. But when the sun shines its daft to sit indoors. So decided to head for the North Norfolk coast and get a feel for caravan parks.

It was fabulous - bright / warm / light sea breeze. According to my Apple watch over today with the run and the wandering various parks / paths / and up and down the cliffs at Cromer I have cover 12.3 miles :eek: Way better for me than sitting doing tax return!

Looked on site at a couple of parks and nosey'd from outside a few more. Really love the one in the photos much quieter / more spacious / better feel than some of the others but various complications that make it way more expensive as an options. Going back on thursday to meet sales person & do some looking at two other sites. Also going to be brave and post a thread to the forum Sam kindly let me know about. Reckon I'll get totally flamed as I'm doing exactly what all their warning threads say don't do :rolleyes:

Food wise been generally good. Could not believe I couldn't find a take away outlet in Cromer than did Jacket potato. Ended up buying bag of salad leaves & turkey pieces (all pre-prepared salads sold out) Saw this amazing cake shop. Stood being tempted for ages. Went back right at end of day having decided with all my miles I deserved something. Fate was smiling at me as he'd already packed up most. So I went for one I thought might be lovely but not the one I'd really wanted (chocolate brownie with a creme egg baked in middle) As above it wasn't worth ruining my week :sigh: Had an amazing tea though - the burgers from this months magazine (made free as per their suggestions) with no bun but a mountain of fried onions and BNS wedges :drool: So full don;t think I could have managed the cake anyway!

Actually been a lovely weekend. Feeling quite rested and no Monday dread yet which has got to be a good thing.

Will go catch up on everyones news x

I never realised you had a diary lol! When I last checked (last year. *cough* ) you didn't have one lol!

So yeah, popping in to sub :D I'm looking forwards to hearing how you're doing. :)

That is amazing will power with the cake. I know I have eaten stuff that not only was tons of calories but also wasn't worth it in the past - Going to try and take a leaf out of your book next time I buy something I shouldn't. It's not any less wasteful to eat it than bin it if it's empty calories and you don't enjoy it really.

Love the sound of your weekend :) Getting out and about was a much better idea than sorting out a tax stuff, that can be done another time :) Photos look lovely! And a very nice spot to have a caravan. Hopefully you will get sensible advice, instead of getting flamed lol.

Randomly when I went to the consultant opportunity meeting thing a while ago, someone there was asking about slimming world doing desserts with iceland and they said they would never do them because there were lots of low syn ones out there but they were working on a range of sauces. I think they should rethink the dessert thing though if they were HEB - I mean they sell hifi bars!

Evening :)

Still feeling happy despite a hideous busy day at work. Soooo glad its the weekend. Had lovely stir fry fakeaway for tea. Really enjoyed the noodles having been SP since Sunday!

Nothing exciting planned for weekend. Have to do some cleaning & sort out some stuff for my tax return. But if its sunny I'm heading to the seaside static site hunting - thanks for PM Sam will explore the site

Hope everyone has fab weekend planned x

So despite having nothing exciting planned for the weekend, it turned out pretty flippin exciting for you didn't it? :D

Love the pics. It looks very wild and natural there. Are there any facilities or are they all on their sister site? Fantastic views! Good luck for Thursday when you go back and for this week's wi. Hope you get your well deserved 12st award after amazing willpower over cake ;) xx

That sounded like a real good weekend to me:)
Out and about and lots of walking:)
The site looks good , I have been to Cromer , years ago when we lived in Suffolk, don't remember a lot being there though :)
And we'll done on binning the cake!
There's food for thought (excuse the pun lol)
If it's not enjoyable- bin it :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know I'd probably find more information in one of the many pages of your diary, but there are too many to read :(
Do you have a van? Do you travel around the country side? You always post such awesome pictures of lovely places!

I'd love to travel around the country side of whatever country. To be honest, I'm not a good tourist... it's pretty much because the super touristic destinations don't appeal to me... I like calm places where you can sit, enjoy the view, think about life and eat a cake (aham, aham). But I don't even drive -_-, such a failure!

Well done on binning the cake! I always feel cheated when high calorie items are not absolutely AMAZING. But I still have that nagging voice in the back of my head that tells me off for wasting food, so I usually eat it anyway, while staring hatefully at whatever it is the whole time. That voice sounds a lot like my mother. ;)

Ooooh how exciting!!! Somewhere near Cromer, I take it? What's the park like?

Yup the next village along from Cromer - a popular surfing beach. Hello to new hobby?! The park has virtually nothing. A nice shop, a lovely dog walking field and recreation area aka swings and wooden climbing thing! BUt was much more spaciously laid out than others. The staff lovely & chatted to some owners & some people who'd taken their touring van there every year for years. All very positive.

BUT it will work out way more cash than I'd planned on - not unaffordable but need to make sure right idea.

Its so funny spoke to my Mum tonight and she thought very funny that I was behaving in my usual style. Uber careful saver type then spend on something expensive and unexpected (but this is even more than my Dior handbag!!!)

I know I'd probably find more information in one of the many pages of your diary, but there are too many to read :(
Do you have a van? Do you travel around the country side? You always post such awesome pictures of lovely places!

I'd love to travel around the country side of whatever country. To be honest, I'm not a good tourist... it's pretty much because the super touristic destinations don't appeal to me... I like calm places where you can sit, enjoy the view, think about life and eat a cake (aham, aham). But I don't even drive -_-, such a failure!

I love to travel and explore. Am very lucky to live in beautiful part of England. I don't own a van yet! I wouldn't want a touring van - mainly cause I struggle to park and manouvre my car! Have considered camper - as a former VW beetle owner often consider a camper version ;)

I had not travelled abroad for some time - fear of seat belt extenders but off to Florida this autumn. PLan was also to go to NYC possibly in June or July but that may get cancelled if I buy the van or holiday cottage!

You are NOT a failure x

Well done on binning the cake! I always feel cheated when high calorie items are not absolutely AMAZING. But I still have that nagging voice in the back of my head that tells me off for wasting food, so I usually eat it anyway, while staring hatefully at whatever it is the whole time. That voice sounds a lot like my mother. ;)

I have that same voice but decided I need to be stronger than echoes of my beloved now passed Nan & my ever feisty Mum. I paid for it and if I decide I don't want it then its not a waste to anyone but me. When practical I give things away hence three lots of friends left with B&J or Hotel Chocolat treats when popping in! If only I was strong enough not to buy things in first place :8855:

Wow.. Super will power!! I try to excercise the same approach - if I think it's going to be amazing I'll treat myself, but otherwise I try and tell myself it's not worth it... Let's face it, we all know what bog standard cake/doughnuts/biscuits etc taste like!! or even worse.. When you waster cals on below average cake!! aargh!!
I failed today and indulged in a slice of Bakewell tart, it was decidedly below average and definitely NOT worth it. also, does anyone else find that now on diet, some things are just TOO sweet? Taste buds changing...

Wow.. Super will power!! I try to excercise the same approach - if I think it's going to be amazing I'll treat myself, but otherwise I try and tell myself it's not worth it... Let's face it, we all know what bog standard cake/doughnuts/biscuits etc taste like!! or even worse.. When you waster cals on below average cake!! aargh!!
I failed today and indulged in a slice of Bakewell tart, it was decidedly below average and definitely NOT worth it. also, does anyone else find that now on diet, some things are just TOO sweet? Taste buds changing...

I know total waste unless truly worth it!

Yes some things insanely sweet. I think its good change but very odd to treat myself to something been thinking about for weeks to only find its a bit ordinary (like the Creme Egg I'd been saving & had last week!)

waste not , want not!:D
or
buy not, want not?! :rolleyes::D
that is the question:D

I find some things too sweet, or not so enjoyable.....but usually keep going til i find something that DOES satisfy.....by that time ...it's a binge:D
Another thing that needs to be corrected!:D

Well done on the binning will power:)
Saying that, i did bin something the other day , to stop myself eating more.....choc rice cakes, actually....:)

I once binned some Lidl ice cream, I bought the big pack and it was not so enjoyable as Ben & Jerry, plus, I checked the calories while eating.
I had already eaten a lot and felt so bad for eating something so caloric that wasn't even awesome. I was in one of those days of "I'll never diet again" and the guilty made me go back to the diet -- at least it was a good result.

Shelly, I hope you enjoy your trip! I remember the first time I went to an international trip I was really afraid of the seat belt. It was right at the time when KLM / Air France went on a polemic discussion about charging obese people. Fortunately it was not as bad. But last week, when I went to Norway, I felt that the seats now have so much more space!

No seat belt extender, that's my aim - hopefully by the the next time I go to Italy! I like to pay a bit extra on Ryanair to sit right up the front (you get on and off so much quicker) and they won't let me sit in the exit row if I need an extender - so that's my next main goal.

Wow so much to consider with the caravan - but it sounds like you've found a lovely site. What are the costs looking like? it's definitely worth paying more for a good site than one where there are all night parties, etc.

Back