Insanity Workout

Samprand

WILL do it!
I was just wondering if anyone has attempted the "Insanity Workout" schedule? It's high aerobic, high energy 30-45min workouts that you're meant to do every day. I'm not going to do it every day though because 1. it might kill me lol and 2. I've got problems with my knee so don't want to push it too much! Anyone have any thoughts? :p

I have this set. I am saving it for when I've finished the Shred and the Biggest Winner sets. I watched the fit test and it looks serious!

dreadful doesn't come close rhino lol yeah phunkie it looks pretty hardcore. I've watched trailers for it on teleshopping and there's before and after bits and the people aren't really that big to start with but they get really toned by the end! So it must be a good workout and burn a lot of calories which is what I need

It is as hardcore as you think lol. I currently do this and im on my recovery week at the moment (so week 5). Next week im gonna be starting phase 2. I used to do the workouts before and mixed them up with P90x and TurboFire, so not really following the plan (but still getting a good workout), but in mid march i decided to follow the calendar.

The recovery week is no joke either and as i type my shoulders are aching, so are my hips lol. It is definately a fat stripper, and your heart rate is constantly up. If you're someone who tends to take long breaks, then this wouldn't really be for you, as the thing about Insanity is you exercise for long, then take short breaks. I have to say Insanity is by far the hardest workout i've ever done (and i've done the likes of 30day shred, P90x, TurboFire, Chalean Extreme etc.) I think this is mainly due to you needing a lot of endurance and stamina. Determination also plays a key role as well as nutrition. If you have knee problems, then it's really risky, as there's a lot of jumping involved that play a key part in the warm ups and the different sets. Also, unlike P90x there are no 'beginner' type alternatives so what you see is what you do. I think because of how insane and intense it is, you should look at what the fit test consists of as all of those moves are included in the workouts. If you think you can do it, then by all means go for it!

I haven't seen any visible results yet though i haven't really looked too closely and im told the visible results will come during the second phase, but i have had alright losses on the scale, and my body is definately stronger.

Good luck with whatever you decide x

i do have problems with my knee sometimes, so if im having a bad knee-day ill skip it, but if it isnt too bad ill have a go. if it starts to hurt during a workout ill take a break, no point hurting myself. oooh 'fat stripper?' sounds really good and is definitely what im looking for - something that makes me feel as thought ive actually achieved something at the end of it. Do you know roughly how much weight youve lost since u started the workouts?

Well done on all the met mini goals so far :) x

just did the insanity workout fitness test , couldnt do some of the exercises cuz of knee but i marched on the spot to keep moving and to keep my heart rate up. seemed ok to me, definitely made me sweat though

quick word of advice to any ladies thinking about doing the same workout - GET A SPORTS BRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

for a while i thought i was going to give myself a black eye and had to hold my boobs down while i was exercising lol

i do have problems with my knee sometimes, so if im having a bad knee-day ill skip it, but if it isnt too bad ill have a go. if it starts to hurt during a workout ill take a break, no point hurting myself. oooh 'fat stripper?' sounds really good and is definitely what im looking for - something that makes me feel as thought ive actually achieved something at the end of it. Do you know roughly how much weight youve lost since u started the workouts?

Well done on all the met mini goals so far :) x

Yeah definately no point in injuring yourself unnecessarily. I lost approx 6lbs or so on it so far. I'm sure it's more than that, but this weeks weigh in wasn't accurate as i got a gain, but it was due to my time of the month. (Last week itself i lost 4lbs!) So gonna see what i weigh next week. I could have lost more but i had a few lapses in food errors, as a couple of the days i didn't eat smartly. But now im becoming stricter again, as there's no point in killing myself during the workouts if im just not gonna have good nutrition. (Nothing like cakes, biscuits or crisps or anything, but just consuming more calories than usual) I'm getting a good grip on it again so that's good.

And thank you. :) I really hope i have a good loss next week. Fingers crossed.

And with the fitness test, you will see improvement as the weeks go past, and you become fitter and stronger. And LOL yeh, a sports bra is necessary with any high impact exercise. :p Good luck with your fitness journey.

I'm thinking of starting P90x alongside phase 2 of Insanity next week, to help tone my body. But i think that might be just madness haha.

madness is a nice way of putting it lol

Do you know where the best place to buy Insanity is? I would like to spend the next few months doing P90, then P90X and then Insanity but, this is a problem as they're all £100+ on Amazon (though P90 is cheaper on Tony Horton's actual website - like $52 or something).

There's a thread on this on My Fitness Pal

Hi,

sorry for post-crashing :D Did you start doing the Insanity work out yet? I'm on day 3 of P90X and oh boy its hard, but, I can see (and feel) how it works. I love the way that you can 'jump' in and out of routines when you've exercised to 'failure' point. I can't wait until I can do proper push ups lol . Plyometrics was last night and that was hard work. Got ab-ripper x again tonight which hurts like mad, I can't even do some of the exercises which is really frustrating but I'm hoping that the more I practice I'll get there.

Diet is compromised by A/D meds and hypothyroidism but I think lo-carbing works best for me.

Hope Insanity goes well! (I've always thought its more fun being crazy):eek:

x Kaz

So far I've only done one single solitary Insanity workout and I thought I was going to actually die lol I couldnt do some of the exercises cuz of my dodgy knee so marched on the spot. Made me sweatttttttt but felt good :)

Hiya,

Definitely not a good choice of work out if you've got a sore knee. I ache all over in muscles that I didn't even know I had, limped downstairs this morning...kids laughing their heads off at me ...made me more determined (well kind of). Had it not been for the cookie dough incident yesterday would have been a good day :eek:

No wine though yeeehhaaaw!

x
Kaz

lol kaz, im all too familiar with the achey-muscle-hobble :D

Talking of the achey-muscle walk, had to give the Yoga X a miss last night :eek: cause I hurt so much yeeeooouch! my poorly leggies - this better be worth it!

Annoyed at myself but going to give the Yoga a shot today:D

Are you following an exercise regime at the mo?

Kaz
(is in pain)

aw shame, it will be worth it :D lol not following anything specific I just do what I fancy doing, do a mixture of walking with the puppy, cycling on my exercise bike, doing the biggest loser challenge on the wii (did it for the first time last night) and am going to start using the dance mat on the playstation.

I've seen some of the workout, hardcore doesn't even BEGIN to describe it!! I've got health issues which make something like that absolutely impossible for me! It's the kind of thing that, if you can do, has amazing effects though!

Hi Caroline :) you're not kidding! I'm struggling with P90X, never mind Insanity - I think the name says it all lol.

I'm on Day 9, I think, of P90X. I had a break in the middle when I couldn't move my legs and couldn't bear the thought of doing yoga eep!

Done it though, and battling through - its amazing but I even think there are some minor improvements...on first attempt of abdominal exercises I couldnt even do 50% of them because i wasn't strong enough. On attempt 3 ...I'm nearly there with some of them yay!

I think the inspirational videos on you tube and the website drive you on with these workouts, normal people getting fantastic results.

I've tried being a gym bunny, its not me, half the time I cba even getting there. This is probably the first time I've got involved in a DVD exercise regime that I actually think, possibly I might finish ...'Bring it!' lol. When I feel myself buckling I get the dreaded 'holiday pictures' out. Thats enough to get my butt into gear!

x Kaz

ahhh yes... the powers of the dreaded 'fat pictures' lol

Back