<<Insert Clever Diary Name Here>>

Ooh that cheesecake really does sound delicous!

Great menu planned for today, I love homemade burgers.

Hi Donna, hope you are well. Just an idea but would it be worth starting a group on here aimed at people from your area - I'm sure if you look around there will be so many people in the same boat as you and if enough people come together you may be able to get a group in your area or a support network that struggles with the same brand differences???

Hope your husband is well. I think I need to look at this cheesecale recipe x

Becky - There is some good info in the SW Overseas area actually. The problem for most Americans, outside of those in Texas, is that SW Online can be cost prohibitive esp. if you don't know much about the program. I have the benefit of having friends and in-laws in the UK who swear by the program which is what helped me get over paying nearly $100 for a 3 month membership (which doesn't include any printed materials). I have been able to connect with some people through SW USA's Facebook page and I've asked a Texas consultant for their Healthy Extra and Syns lists. Let's see if I get a response.

Exercised for the first time in over a week. Good grief that was tough. :eek: I did Turbo Fire 55EZ (nothing easy about that one). Here's the link about the workout program www.beachbody.com/TurboFire
I was sweating like a fox's ass (arse) in a pepper patch :p and a few hours later I had to take a nap. This is what happens to me when I go without exercise for more than 3 days.

Food was good today. Was planning to make a ham, leek and mushroom quiche but I got lazy and just sort of "winged" it for lunch.

Breakfast - Low syn turkey sausages (3 syns for 4 links), mushrooms, baked beans, 1 slice whole wheat toast with tsp. light butter (5 syns)
Lunch - Leftover Spanish rice, ham, 1 oz cheddar cheese (HEA), garden salad with non-fat vinaigrette dressing
Dinner - Grilled lean sirloin steak, broccoli, mushroom and herb risotto
Snack - 2 Weetabix Biscuits (HEB) crushed with 1/2 cup low-fat milk (2 syns), apple

Total Syns - 10

Exercise: 55 Minutes plus extra abdominal exercises

8 days and counting until my trip to Cancun with my sister...I cannot wait!! My online students are driving me crazy right now though :rant2:

I unintentionally missed breakfast which is abnormal for me. But I am teaching 4 online classes right now and I'm doing a training course simultaneously so sometimes I just lose track of time until my stomach growls. :eatdrink051:

Meals for 26/07/2011

Lunch - Grilled hamburger with 28 g cheddar cheese (HEA) and a whole grain roll, 2 servings sweet potato fries (7 syns - bought the frozen brand because I was lazy :rolleyes:), green salad with non-fat vinaigrette dressing

Dinner - Grilled pork chop, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli and cauliflower and 1 graham cracker (3.5 syns)

Dessert - Baked Vanilla Cheesecake (4 syns)

Exercise: Turbo Fire HIIT 20 (High Intensity Interval Athletic Drills) and Turbo Fire 45 EZ (Cardio Kickboxing Infused with Dance)

Have you been to Cancun before? We went to Playa Del Carmen for our honeymoon last year and loved it, we really want to go back some time.. Have fun x

HP - No, I haven't been to Cancun before. Originally, we were supposed to go in a big group to Miami but when the others backed out, my sister and I looked into all-inclusive resorts in Cancun. I haven't had a glass of wine since the first week in April and honestly, I cannot wait for next week to come :)

I had my weigh-in yesterday (Wednesday). I lost another 0.5lbs. It wasn't spectacular but when I look at my diary, I realized I had too many days with too many syns and not enough exercise. Plus I tend to alternate weeks of big losses with miniscule ones. It's just part of the journey.

Meals 27/07/2011
Breakfast - Chicken Pita Sandwich (Grilled Chicken Breast, Whole Wheat Pita (HEB), Lettuce, Onions, Tomatoes and 1oz Cheddar Cheese (HEA)
Lunch - Grilled Teriyaki Chicken (2tbsp 1syn), Green Salad, Rice, and Potato Salad (6 syns for the mayo)
Dinner - Same as above without the potato salad (1 syn)
Dessert - Baked Vanilla Cheesecake (6 syns)

Total Syns: 14
No exercise

Thanks Lynne...Fab sounding food, eh? :p Sure does taste good esp. when I don't have to count most of it.

Got fabulous news that I got my paycheck early for one of my online teaching assignments. Just in time for my trip to Cancun. But I was a responsible adult and used it to pay off 2 credit cards...One more to go by the end of the year.

I've been teaching extra classes over the summer so I can pay down my debt. But it is taking a toll on my wrists (tendinitis) and sleep patterns. :4633: One class ends on Sunday; another ends while I'm on holiday and the last two end in mid-August before my "real" job begins again.

Thank goodness I'm doing SW because if I had to eat microscopic portions like I did on WW, I'd do more of this---> :17729:

Eats for 28/07/2011
Breakfast - Omelette with 2oz grated cheese (HEA+ 6 syns), ham, green peppers, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms, regular sourdough English Muffin (6 syns + 2 syns for spread)
Lunch - Beef Stroganoff Pasta (seasoning, pasta, extra lean mince beef, 1/4 cup 2% low fat milk - 1 syn), Apple
Dinner - SW Chips, Grilled Burger on Whole Wheat Roll (HEB), Steamed Broccoli/Cauliflower Mix

Total: 15 Syns
No Exercise :confused:

Another day of fab sounding food:)

And well done on not spending the pay check x

I've been out of town for the past 3 days at a conference and my eating has been so-so. Saturday, I had a little run-in with some ice cream (didn't give a damn about the syns at that point :p). Luckily I made pretty good choices for the rest of the day. Still have a ton of grading to finish before my flight on Thursday :sigh: But at least my training course is over.

Managed 30 minutes of kickboxing this afternoon.

Breakfast - English bacon, baked beans, roasted potatoes, scrambled eggs, mushrooms
Lunch - BBQ Chicken Sandwich (1 syn for the BBQ sauce; HEB for the whole wheat roll), Green Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
Dinner - Cajun Dirty Rice (Spicy seasoned rice, extra lean ground beef, chopped onion and bell peppers), 1 apple
Snack - 2 Weetabix (6 syns), 1 cup low fat milk (HEA)

Total Syns: 7
Exercise: 30 minutes

I am back from my holiday in Cancun. My sister and I had an amazing time. We did a bar hop (aka pub crawl), swam in the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico, rode a waverunner, got massages and drank, ate, danced and repeated. I got in late last night and this morning my right foot was swollen like an elephant ankle :eek::eek::p It was a sign of post-drinking, post-buffet eating and hours of air travel. I was too tired to do much today and since I weigh-in tomorrow, I might as well get prepared for a gain and then do my weekly meal planning and shop.

Here are a few pictures from the trip:

#1. Pre-Club Drinking @ Our All-Inclusive (Sister in Print Dress; I'm Wearing Purple)
100_1805.jpg

#2 The View from Our Room
100_1746.jpg

#3. Post Pub Crawl Sweaty Hair and Make-Up (LOL!)
100_1776.jpg

Lynne - We did have a wonderful time. The 6.5lbs I gained proves it. I'm not really worried because I know a few good weeks of eating well and exercise and it will come off.

Actually off to do my weekly shop now because while I was away hubby reverted back to his Bachelor days and there is nothing in the fridge but fatty frozen pizzas, curries and something I cannot pronounce.

Donna,
6.5 lbs on for an all inclusive holiday, with endless food and drinkies is really good, I have gained twice that, and you obviously had a brilliant time with your sister x
Now, time to sort hubby out!;)

Eats were good today. I did have a McDonald's Cheeseburger while I was out shopping but that's what syns are for.

I also did 50 minutes of exercise....I started a program called the Peak Fit Challenge. It is an 8-week dvd training program that combines weights, interval cardio, flexibility and core work. I did the initial fit test yesterday and woke up to sore and stiff thighs...I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to get through today's workout but I modified it and still burned 428 calories. :D

Meals for 10/08/2011
Breakfast - 42g dry wholegrain toast (HEb), 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 cup baked beans, 1/2 cup mushrooms and 2 rashers of English bacon.
Lunch - McDonald's Cheeseburger (15 syns) and Southwest Chicken Salad (no dressing)
Dinner - Beef and Rice Casserole (made with extra lean ground beef, onions, frozen mixed vegetables, canned tomatoes in Italian herbs and a few tablespoons tomato puree)
Snack - Cheese and Ham Roll Ups (HEA) and a small apple

No exercise today. Woke up to incredible soreness in my hind quarters :p Planning to do a strength training workout (muscle permitting).

Eats for today was alright. I made a tuna pasta salad that was disgusting so I chucked it down the garbage disposal :mad: I hate wasting food but life is too short to eat crap.

Breakfast - Leftover Beef and Rice Casserole
Lunch - Ham Sandwich (on Wholemeal Roll with 1 oz Cheddar Cheese and 1 tbsp light butter - HEb, HEa, 2 syns), Strawberries
Dinner - Grilled Rosemary Pork Chop, Chicken and Broccoli Flavored Knorr-Brand Rice (no fat added), Green Salad with Non-Fat Italian Dressing
Dessert - Vanilla Caramel Cone by Skinny Cow (7 syns)

9 syns used

Yesterday was a complete bust. It started with friends coming over for a meeting to plan our 20th high school reunion and me not preparing anything beforehand :confused:

I ended up eating 2 beef tacos, refried beans, Spanish rice, chips and guacamole plus more bread (my trigger food) throughout the day. It was good but not worth all the syns. Then I got a horrible case of skin hives. :cry: I have sinus allergies and anything from sulfides in wine, pet dander or dust can trigger an attack. I took double dosage of antihistamine tablets but because my outbreak was so bad, it took sometime for the red bumps and welts to go away.

I'm back on track today and got encouraging news when I stepped on the scale a few days early to see if my holiday bloat was going. Scale said I was down 3lbs...Let's hope that holds steady (if not more) by my weigh-in on Wednesday.

My hives worsened today so I nixed my exercise plans. But my food was good.

14/08/2011 Meals
Breakfast - Kellogg's Mini Wheat Cereal (HEb), 1 cup 2% milk (HEa)
Lunch - Asian Chicken Salad (7.5 syns for sliced almonds and low-fat sesame ginger dressing)
Dinner - Pepper Steak, Rice and Salad
Dessert - Skinny Cow Caramel Ice Cream (7 syns)

14.5 syns used

This is my last week before I go back to work. I am not ready to go back especially since I've been teaching online all summer :sigh:
But I had a good day today so I can't really complain.

I was able to workout today which was great. I am following a program called "PeakFit Challenge" which is a 8-week metabolic circuit training program. Today's workout was Cardio Strength 1. I burned 600 calories in 50 minutes. :worthy: I know I will sleep like a baby tonight.

Food was pretty good despite being out and about running errands.
Breakfast - English bacon, baked beans, nectarine, wholemeal toast (HEb)
Lunch - BBQ Chicken Sandwich (0.5 syns for sauce; 3.5 syns for wholemeal bap); nectarine
Dinner - Turkey Bolognese (2 syns) with Wholemeal Pasta and 56g cheddar cheese (HEA for first 28g; 6 syns for 2nd 28g); Large Salad with Fat Free Vinaigrette Dressing

Total Syns Used: 12
Total Exercise Minutes: 50

Last edited:
Hi Donna, just here to follow you're diary. Don't have time to read it all now but will catch up later x x

Back