<<Insert Clever Diary Name Here>>

Thanks Lynne....How have you been?

Today was a good eating day. Although I was busy, I stuck to my plan and also got in a good workout.

Breakfast - Mushrooms, Tomatoes, English bacon, dry wholemeal toast (4.5 syns)
Lunch- Penne Pasta with Turkey Bolognese, Nectarine
Dinner - Chicken Burrito Bowl (cilantro lime rice, black beans, tomato salsa, corn salsa, lettuce, guacamole-7.5 syns)
Snack - Kellogg's Mini Wheats Cereal (HEB), 1/2 cup semi-skimmed milk (1/2 HEA)

Exercise: Peak Fit Pure Cardio (50 Minutes)
Total Syns: 12 syns

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I've been doing o.k. at the maintaining game, but I have set myself a mini challenge to get down to 11st 3.5lbs by the end of September, so that I can get my 1.5 stone shiny, and this will also be the lowest weight I can be at target.

Once again your found sounds so yummy!

I went off program in spectacular fashion this past week. Luckily, I am only up 1 pound. Thank goodness for tough workouts :rolleyes:

I cannot blame work. I just haven't felt very motivated to prepare meals and do my weekly shop. Something about gaining that pound esp. in light of how hard I've been exercising was the kick up the bum I needed. I did my shopping today and I make extra portions for dinner which I packed for lunch tomorrow. Since I generally exercise for an hour in the mornings and have a long commute to work (35 miles by car each way), if I don't prep lunch the night before, I usually end up buying crap at work. The easiet solution is to make extra the night before and pack it in the fridge.

I really want to weigh 185lbs or less by Christmas and at the rate I've been going, I have my work cut out for me.

O.K.

You've given yourself a :asskick:

Now, I'm giving you one :asskick:

Now draw the line under the last week, which you obviously have, by going back to planning your meals in advance, plus realising that exercise doesn't do it on its own, and shift that 1lb x

Thanks Lynne for the additional kick :)

Today was considerably better though not perfect Packing lunch made a big difference. Add in a good cardio workout and I'm hoping to this becomes a trend.

Breakfast - Canadian bacon (prefer English but b/c of the big Brit ex-pat community here, the shops cannot keep up with demand), mushrooms, tomatoes and hash brown potatoes
Lunch - Beef Pepper Steak with onions, peppers and beef gravy (2 syns), Rice, 1 Pear
Dinner - Chicken Fajita Pita (1 HEa and 1 HEB plus lettuce, toms and onions)
Deesert - Mini Funnel Cake (17.5 syns - so pissed once I found this out b/c that little thing was the size of half a round doughnut...hmpff)

Exercise: 20 Minutes Interval Cardio
Total Syns: 19.5

Almost forgot to post my meals for 23/09/11

Breakfast - Hash Brown Scramble (diced potatoes, onions, peppers, diced Canadian bacon, cheese - HEa), plum
Lunch - Subway Turkey and Ham Sandwich (HEb for wholemeal bread + tons of veggies)
Dinner - Mixed green salad with viniagrette dressing, Three Cheese Ravioli with Marinara Sauce (your guess on the syns is as good as mine )
Dessert - Low-fat flavored yougurt (2.5 syns) 2 slices light toast plus light spread (4.5 syns + 2 syns for spread)

No exercise today

I went incognito for a while. I went in for my yearly exam and my doc found unexplained bleeding. She thought I was having a miscarriage (we are trying to conceive). I had to get a preg. test via blood sample and waited three days for the results. I went into an instant funk and ate like there was no tomorrow. Negative for pregnancy or miscarriage but still doesn't explain the bleeding. My periods are usually like clockwork so all I can think of is my stress level which is extremely high. I am working two jobs and trying to continue my research and charity work. I have stayed in my office well past midnight on some days only to get up at 6am to mark papers, write a few pages of my next article and get ready for the hour's journey by car to work.

My doctor is having my do a pelvic ultrasound to be on the safe side and bloodwork came back saying I have very high iron and B-12. Essentially, I have too much animal protein in my diet. I told my doc I was doing Slimming World and she recommended alternating red and green days instead of eating as much meat as I do on Extra Easy. And she also told me that given my good cholesterol and blood pressure numbers and my relatively muscular frame, I don't need to go down to 11 stone which I initially set as my goal. She wants me to work on getting to 12 st 12lbs before I get pregnant (if we should be so fortunate). That number is so much more doable for me.

So, I start again and hope to get thru the mental block and stress tgat is causing me to lose and gain the same 5 pounds since July.

Sorry to hear Donna that you have been having such an awful time.

I always had gynaecological problems, and had trouble having both of my two children, but did in the end, and so will you xxxx

Strangely enough, when I had a blood test after giving birth to my first child, they couldn't believe how high my iron was, and put it down to the two boiled eggs I had for breakfast every morning!

Good luck with the ultrasound xxxx

I rejoined SW Online as they have finally updated the US with branded foods and Healthy extra lists. I went off completely when my initial subscription expired and during my hiatus, docs found that my unexpected bleeding was actually a complex ovarian cyst. I am scheduled to have surgery to remove it this coming Wednesday. My hope is that they can definitively rule out ovarian cancer with this surgery because that stress has weighed heavily on both me and my husband. I will miss the first two weeks or so of work but I should at least feel well enough to cook meals.

I also tried Jenny Craig for two months which has been a waste of $$ and time because I don't find the food all that good and paying $7 for a frozen meal is just a rip-off esp. when I have to add spices and sauteed veg to make it edible. My weight is currently sitting right at 200.5 which is a cruel tease because I've been struggling to get under 200lbs for so long. But I'm hopeful with the improvements to the US site, I can finally get this weight off in a way that's healthy and enjoyable.

My surgery to remove both ovarian cysts was successful. I have some tenderness in my belly as the doctors made 3 different incisions. I take pain pills less frequently than before but sneezing and laughing still hurts.

I decided to officially start SW today as I couldn't stand another Jenny Craig meal. I also did my weekly shop as my husband was left to fend for himself while I was on bedrest and let's just say the best the man can do for food is survive....LOL

23/01/2012 Meals
1- Breakfast Sandwich (Whole Wheat English Muffin -HEB, Turkey Ham, 1/2 slice Cheddar Cheese 1/2 HEA, Egg), Orange
2- Spahetti Bolognese (93% extra lean beef mince, onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, passata, English bacon with fat removed, Worcestershire Sauce, Italian herbs and fresh garlic), melon cubes
3- Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt (free), 2 small bags Popchips (4 syns)
4 - Cranberry Almond Cereal (Free - Made from Rice), 1/2 cup fat free milk (1/2 HEA)
5 - Smore's Bar (6.5 syns)

Total Syns: 10.5 syns
Exercise: 25 minutes Zumba 2 for Wii

Last edited:
:sigh: It was just one of those days food-wise. I didn't get much sleep last night as I was busy marking papers (again) for my online classes and then I woke up in a horrible position with a raging headache. One of the after-effects of the surgery is intermittent spotting and I wonder if my body wants to menstruate but can't just yet because my head feels like it will explode. As a consequence, I ate alot of sugar:eek: and did no exercise.

24/01/2012 Meals
1 - Garlic Mushrooms with Bacon on Toast, Cantaloupe and Tea
2. - Penne with Bolognese Sauce, more cantaloupe
3. - 2 Soy Joy Bars (10 syns total)
4. - Cheesy Potatoes and Chicken (trying to finish off my Jenny Craig meals - 5 syns), Brussels Sprouts
5. - Jenny Craig Lemon Cakes and 2 tbsp light whipping cream (10 syns total :()
6. Jenny Craig Toffee Cookies (6 syns) and Jenny Craig Oatmeal Raisin Bar (5 syns)

Total Syns: 36 :tomato:
No exercise :confused:

I let my SW Online subscription lapse after my surgery and recovery. I wasn't following the program like I should so I was wasting money. I wasn't fully able to exercise until March and by that point I had put on about 7lbs. Instead of dealing with my eating, I choose to start exercising again first to re-establish that habit. I joined a weight loss program at my gym and went to group training 3 times per week. I also did some cardio exercise on my own. I didn't lose much weight (because I really hadn't changed my diet) but I lost 3" in my waist and got my energy levels back up. The program ended on July 1, 2012 and I decided to rejoin SW so I could get a handle on my food.

Today (July 5th) is my first official day back.

Breakfast - English bacon, 1/2 cup baked beans, 1 slice wholemeal toast (HEB), nectarine slices
Lunch - Burrito Bowl from Chipotle Mexican Grill (Brown Rice, Black Beans, Steak, Tomato Salsa, Guacamole - 7.5 syns)
Dinner - Cheesy Beef Rice Casserole (Extra Lean Mince, Onions, Green Peppers, Garlic, Canned Tomatoes, Few Tablespoons Passata, Brown Rice Baked with 2 oz. reduced fat cheddar cheese - HEA) and 1/2 cup fresh pineapple with some quark and 1 tbsp runny honey (3 syns)
Snack - 1 oz extra sharp white cheddar cheese (HEA)

Exercise: 60 Minutes Zumba (burned 705 calories)
Syns: 10.5

Last edited:
July 6th Meals

Breakfast - Roasted Potatoes with Onions and Peppers, Garlic Mushrooms, Nectarine, 1 tbsp Ketchup (1 syn)
Lunch - Beef and Rice Casserole, Massive Salad with Creamy Dijon Dressing (4.5 syns)
Snack - Slice Whole Grain Toast (HEB), 1 tbsp Light Spread (2.5 syns)
Dinner - Beef and Rice Casserole, Pineapple
Snack - Sweet Potato Fries (26 syns - Holy ****! :eek:)

No exercise

Just a crap weekend altogether. While heading to Zumba class on Friday night, my car starts to shake badly as I come to a stop. I just spent $1600 on a new timing belt and engine mounts so I took it back to the repair shop on Saturday morning. There were no courtesy vehicles available so my plans for Saturday were messed up. Hubby dropped me off at my meeting and I let my frustration get the best of me. I could have made better selections and ate out entirely too much all weekend but I'm not going to dwell on it. Two days of craziness doesn't have to derail me. Gym bag packed and ready to go. Just need to do some meal planning and preparation for the week tomorrow and I'll be back on track.

Another poor eating day because....who cares? Just know that I ate out for two meals today and I had 51.5 syns. Couldn't offset that with exercise because I missed both my strength training and Zumba classes. Trying to halt this downward spiral.

I wemt to sleep before I could post. I had a much better day in terms of food and exercise. I got to the gym and took my Zumba class and managed to get a few errands done as well. I got my car back from the repair shop and I wasn't charged for the work. Plus I got news that my second paper was accepted for publication. Yay!

July 10 Meals

Breakfast - Archer Farms Honey Almond Yougurt (Free) poured over pineapple chunks
Lunch - (picture attached) Blue Cheese Burgers (Extra Lean Beef Mince, 1oz crumbled blue cheese (HEa) red onion, Italian Herb Seasoning), Knorr Chicken Rice Sides (Free if made only with water), Wild Rocket and tomatoe salad (Wishbone Salad Spritzers 1 calorie per spray), 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup (1syn)
Snack - Part Skim mozzarella cheese stick (HEa)
Dinner - Leftover Rice added to Cooked Extra Lean Ground Mix with onions and green bell peppers, Fresh Berries, Free Honey Almond Yougurt

Exercise: Zumba Class (60 Minutes)
Syns: 1

Attachments

• image-4161708432.jpg
    image-4161708432.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 26
Down 0.5lbs this week. Considering how many days I went off the rails, I'll gladly take it. Forgot to post yesterday's meals so I'll just post today's.

July 12 Meals
Breakfast - Pineapple Chunks with Syn Free Vanilla Yougurt (Archer Farms)
Lunch - Turkey Sandwich (2 Slices Oroweat Double Fiber Bread (HEB), Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese (1.5 syns), 1oz avocado slices (2 syns), 3 oz lean turkey breast); Mixed Berries
Dinner - Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce (1 cup Prego Combination Italian Sauce (7 syns), extra lean ground beef, penne pasta, 1 slice Kraft reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese (HEA) ), Wild Rocket and Tomato Salad, Wishbone Spray Dressing
Snack - More Mixed Berries and Free Yogurt.

Exercise - 60 minutes Zumba

Back