<<Insert Clever Diary Name Here>>

Today was a strange eating day. I started out fine but then I started grazing and ended up going over on my syns even though I have my weigh-in tomorrow :sigh: Hopefully, my workout balanced everything out.

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix biscuits (HEb), 1/2 cup low fat milk (1/2 HEa)
Lunch - Chicken Fajita Pita Sandwich (Grilled Chicken, Onions, Lettuce, Tomatoes, 1/2 oz grated cheddar cheese (1/2 HEa), 1 tbsp tomato salsa (0.5 syns), 1/2 Whole Wheat Pita (7syns)
Dinner - 1oz Cheddar Cheese Slice (5.5 syns), Baked Vanilla Cheesecake (12 syns for two MASSIVE slices), 1 cup fresh tropical fruit, 1 cup Beef Stroganoff with Wholemeal Pasta (5 syns)

Exercise: Peakfit Pure Cardio (50 Minutes - Burned 427 Calories)
Total Syns: 30 :break_diet:

Yet again, your food sounded very yummy, and just a bit naughty;)
Good luck for WI tomorrow x

Thanks for the good weigh-in vibes Lynne and Stitchy. I must say, I had a feeling I at least lost half of the weight because I felt less bloated but I'm in shock because I've lost 6 of the 6.5lbs I gained over my holiday. :D

I am afraid of my high syn day yesterday would adversely affect the weigh-in but I think the combination of eating fairly well through the week, doing challenging workouts and drinking tons of water helped. Wahoo!

Lynne - I think I was a bit too naughty but I found myself ravenous after my workout which explains why I kept eating like a pig at a trough after exercising :p

Stitchy - Thanks for the compliment on the photos.

Went to a friend's house for dinner last night and she made my favorite Filipino dishes - Pancit (noddles), Adobo Chicken and Lumpia (Egg Rolls). I'm just going to put a line through Wednesday and keep it movin'.

Last edited:
Hi Donna, hope you're well, I've read through your diary - looking good. Your holiday photos look fab, you must have had a great time. Look forward to reading forth coming diaries x

Thanks Stitchy and Claire....

I have been off program for nearly a week as I got really busy with the planning and preparation of my 20th High School (think Secondary School in the UK) Reunion this past weekend. I was on the planning committee and my eating has been atrocious along with drinking copious amounts of alcohol and not exercising. I'm up 2.5lbs this week which isn't that bad considering how bad I "fell off the wagon". I also started full-time teaching again and an old neck injury (slammed into a wall by a massive lorry in 2002) is flaring up again. But I've picked myself up and dusted myself off and I'm back at it. Hopefully, things will be calm for the next few weeks as I adjust to a new teaching load and new group of students.

I logged into Slimming World Online today to find out I made Slimmer of the Week last week. The date I find out is the day I have to post a gain...Figures!

24/08/2011 Meals
Breakfast - Garlic Mushrooms Toast with Bacon (Slimming Eats Recipe - 1 HEb and 2 syns), 1/2 cup watermelon chunks
Lunch - Fruit and Cheese Plate (1HEa)
Dinner - Beef Chili (Extra Lean Ground Mince, Canned Tomatoes with Green Chilis, No Salt Kidney Beans and Spices - Chili Powder, Cumin, Garlic Powder and Pepper), Rice, Broccoli and Cauliflower
Snack - Watermelon Chunks and Skinny Cow Truffle Bar (5 syns)

No exercise as I'm still taking pain medication for my neck.

Total Syns - 7

Last edited:
Hey Donna,

Well done on SOTW.

Hope you are ok x

Hi everyone...:D Thanks for the congrats on SOTW. I was really shocked by it, to be honest.

Sorry I've disappeared but my neck spasms have gotten worse and I've had to break down and take some of my emergency stash of muscle relaxers so I could sleep. :cry: I am doing rehab exercises but I think the problem is my posture more than anything.

I also started my full-time teaching job again and it usually takes a while for me to adjust. Eats have been alright apart from Thursday when I went crazy at a Spanish tapas bar :break_diet: Beef with Chimichurri Sauce with Chips....It was good and yet so bad. Oh yeah, and I went a little crazy with empty carbs today :sigh:

I was finally able to exercise this morning (Saturday) and I thought I was going to do into cardiac arrest :p Whenever I go more than 3 days without exercise, my body rebels when I try to get back on track. So for the next few days I'll be hurting as I try to get into a consistent exercise routine.

27/08/2011 Meals
Breakfast - English bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, baked beans and toasted English Muffin with 1 tbsp light spread (1 HEb and 2 syns)
Late Lunch - Grilled Chicken (marinated in spices and juices), Green Beans, Mashed Potato and Gravy (1.5 syns), 1 Biscuit (Sort of Like a Scone - 9 syns)
Snacks - Skinny Cow Vanilla Truffle Bar (5 syns) and Bag Sun Chips (7 syns)

Total Exercise: 30 Minutes (Interval Cardio)
Total Syns: 24.5 :eek:

Meals 28/08/2011

Breakfast - Bacon, Whole Wheat English Muffin (1HEb), Eggs, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, 1/2 tbsp light spread (1 syn) and Mushy Peas (Out of Beans So This Works in a Pinch)
Lunch - Chicken Kabobs, Roasted Vegetables, Rice Pilaf, Tzatiki Sauce (4.5 Syns), Small Whole Wheat Pita (3.5 syns)
Dinner - Punjabi Chicken Curry (2 syns)
Snacks - Skinny Cow Vanilla Truffle Bar (5 syns), Grapes

Total Syns - 16 syns

I had meetings all morning and then went to a fundraiser at a hamburger joint for one of my student's whose entire family was in a horrible car accident last week (the father died; everyone else was on life support). Truly a sad situation. I felt no guilt whatsoever having that burger and chips because 100% of the proceeds will help pay for funeral costs and other expenses.

Breakfast - Grilled BBQ Chicken Sandwich (1 HEb for whole wheat roll and 0.5 syns for sauce, green salad with nonfat vinaigrette.
Lunch - Cheeseburger and Chips (have no idea the # of syns)
Dinner - Leftover Beef Chili, Grapes

Exercise - 30 Minutes Metabolic Circuits

Got busy with work and things....Pleased to report I lost the 2.5lbs I gained last week. No more backtracking...I'm ready to move forward!

Had a bit of a splurge food-wise tonight but I'll pay for in the morning with a tough strength training workout. Will be back to posting my foods tomorrow...

Hi Donna

Just found you so to speak.
I have enjoyed reading your diary and like you I want to lose about 3 - 4 stones in weight.
I started SW on 1 Sept and am doing SW online.
I tried all diets including WW and feel that SW has the freedom I need to change eating habits for life as opposed to a few months only for the weight to come back on - don't you just hate yo-yo dieting!!

Anyway good luck to us all here and thanks for the recipes and your diary too

Lorraine

Lorraine - Wishing you much success with SW. There is so much more flexibility with SW that it makes it easy to follow. I still have my challenges with sugar and refined carbs but I am preparing my food more healthy which allows me to enjoy with going crazy on tiny portions. Good luck to you.

We had a bank holiday here in the States (Labor Day). Normally, we go to barbeques and picnics but me and the hubby stayed home and just enjoyed each other's company. I did a little clothes shopping yesterday as I have dropped two sizes since January and none of my clothes really fit. I simply bought a few blouses and will take some dresses and trousers in for alterations. It did feel nice not having to buy clothes from the plus-size shops :)

05/09/2011 Meals

Breakfast - Garlic Mushrooms with Bacon on Toast (1/2 HEa and 1HEb)
Lunch - Turkey Bolognese over rice (too lazy to cook pasta...LOL) and melon chunks
Dinner- Roasted Stuffed Pork Chops (stuffing made of onions, garlic, mushrooms and chopped parsley sauteed in Pam Spray), Three Cheese Risotto (2 syns), 1 cup mixed broccoli and cauliflower
Snacks - grapes, more melon chunks, wholemeal toast with light butter (6 syns), 1 slice reduced fat cheddar cheese (1/2 HEa)

Hi Clevagirl well done on your loss. I have been at SW doing ee since Jan. Losing very slowly. Must be difficult with no class to go to. Just reading through your diary. Maybe you could have some more fruit in your diet? Just a note grapes are free but not superfree so best not to have too many. Make you have a 1/3 of superfree at each meal. I tend to have melon and pineapple (which is also superspeed) with yoghurt for breakfast. Hope this helps.

I haven't posted in over a week. I have been going crazy at work preparing my review portfolio and my dept. head moved my due date up two weeks to accomodate his travel schedule. I have fortunately not gained any weight...I have been following SW loosely but I also restarted P90X. I should be completely finished with the portfolio on Monday so I can focus on making meals again instead of relying on willpower at fast food places.

Meals
Brunch - Ham and Swiss Sandwich on wholemeal bread (HEa and HEB)
Dinner - Turkey Bolognese with Penne Pasta and Mixed Veg (carrots, corn, green beans and peas)
Snacks - Skinny Cow Vanilla Caramel Cone (7 syns), nectarine

Exercise: P90X Legs and Back (60 Minutes), Ab Ripper X (15 Minutes)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back