insomnia :-(

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Emmajoyce, 20 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Emmajoyce

Emmajoyce Will be a skinny mini!

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.4%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi all

Im having really bad trouble sleeping for the last 3 nights i tried nytol last night but that didn't work :-(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  4. Emmajoyce

Emmajoyce Will be a skinny mini!

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.4%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    That's the thing ive been doing Atleast a hour in the gym after work and i still can't sleep Im going to have a look at that thread see what tips are there x

5. BrightonMark

BrightonMark Trying... Really Trying.

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    Atkins!
    I usually find I cant sleep because I have something on my mind. Whether conciously or not I am worrying about something, planning something etc. I find the best way to switch off my mind is to listen to talk radio, an audio book or something, just in the background so you can half concentrate on that as you drift off.
    I also find the worst thing when you cant sleep is getting stressed about it, I wake up in the night, then get annoyed as I watch the clock spin nearer to the alarm and the more annoyed I get, the less chance I have to sleep. Maybe have a bath pre bed, put on the radio and hopefully drift off. xx

6. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Slowly cutting out refined sugar and cooking more from scratch
    What about a self hypnosis cd? I find them very relaxing. The one I have is DeeperSleep by Andrew Johnson, you can get it as a CD or an app for your phone. Always relaxes me and helps me sleep

7. jessiemurf

jessiemurf Full Member

Diet:
    slim fast
    Omg this sums up my life haha.

Im an awful sleeper, since around xmas time i split up with my bf and was very stress. I didnt sleep well at all and was waking up sweating whether hot or cold and would wake up at 3am every morning and couldnt get back to sleep.

It settled down a little after a few weeks but its never gone back to normal, i tried calms sleep tablets, and some other ones from the health shop and i find they don't really work for me. I still to this day wake up at 3am but normally go back to sleep. There is nothing worse than having issues with your sleeping pattern.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.