Inspiration? Some quotes I love!

minirog

Silver Member
"Believe in yourself and all that you are, know that there is something inside you that is bigger than any obstacle." - Christian D Larrson

"Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours" - Swedish Proverb

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it's the courage to continue that counts" - Winston Churchill

"Our Greatest Glory is not in never failing; it is in rising every time we fail" - Confucious

And finally a song which is soooo inspirational to me - I listen to it in the gym everyday and on bad days (especially from 2 mins 8secs!!):

YouTube - Walk on the water by Britt Nicole (With lyrics)

Anyone else got any to share?

Last edited:
I feel a bit of a plank now! Maybe that was all a bit too soppy! Love you all x

Last edited:
I dont see why? LOL People have read it, 1 person has even thanked you for it. My problem is i cant read the top 2 because they're too bright.

One of my faves is below, its relevent to me because my nan died of obesicty! loved her food to much i guess!:
"One should eat to live, not live to eat."

Just when I read it back I felt like a wally for being all sentimental!

I'll leave it - but I'll make the top two darker!

Thanks for that song Phill - I love songs with good lyrics. I'm not a huge fan of musical tracks, but the lyrics are great!

If you're not fond of sappy songs - how about this one?

YouTube - Eminem - Not Afraid

Warning: Explicit lyrics!

xx

Shabba - I really like that quote. So sorry to hear about your gran, but I bet she's really proud of you for taking your weight in your own hands now.

I also heard someone say this last week:

"Eat your food, don't let your food eat you"

Quite liked that!

"Our Greatest Glory is not in never failing; it is in rising every time we fail" - Confucius:clap:

Thank you for this thread, it has got me thinking of a few quotes I like myself. :thankyou:

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
- Robert Collier

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
- Author Unknown

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
- Maria Robinson

the top one is very good :) It is a bit soppy but good when your feeling down!

My gran would be proud, she was trying to lose the weight but it was too late :( I dont want the same for my and my little madam so its a good starting point!;)

Mini - those quotes are great. I especially like the last one.

Shabba - you go for it! Your future is waiting :)

heres some

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"
Gone With The Wind 1939

dont let the b*****ds grind you down

i wil sleep when im dead

in complete darkness were are all the same, it is only knowledge and wisdom that separates us, dont let your eyes deceive you

i know there a bit of topic lol but i like them

My favourite quote is
"employ a teenager while they still know it all"

Mine is sort of relevant to weight loss although its context is nowt to do with it:

"Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it"

I suppose its the more eloquent version of:

"If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got".

Great thread!
The two that spring to mind (not really weightloss though)

Success rests in having the courage & endurance & above all the will to become the person you are however peculiar that may be.

How other people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours. - I really should remember that one!

Success rests in having the courage & endurance & above all the will to become the person you are however peculiar that may be.

I love this one! The idea of embracing being 'peculiar' is a great one. I tried being normal once, worst five mins of my life!!!! - that's a quote too!

Morning all, big hugs and go get 'em today x

Back