Inspirational quotes/helpful thoughts

sparklychar

Doing this for last time
Hello!!!

Well that's it. I've stuffed myself full of food tonight. Starting exante tomorrow, and can't wait to see what I can achieve!

So I wanted to start a thread to help people in hard times... inspirational quotes/thoughts/advice/mantras/distraction strategies, etc etc....

(I'll start, please carry on below!!!

There are two in my sig.....

'Pain is temporary, pride is forever'

'If you're thinking of cheating on a VLCD, just think of how much longer you'll have to put up with shakes for!!!!'

When tempted by a familiar comfort food..... just think 'i've eaten enough already, too much too soon that's how i got to this state'.

I've bought myself a colouring book and a puzzle book for things to do to keep my hands and mind busy in the evenings when I know I struggle most. Either that or I go window shopping on ASOS etc to see all what I will be able to buy!!!

'Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall' ~ Confucius

If you do what you always have done, you'll get what you've always got...

'Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there'

--------------

Charlotte xxxx

Nice one Charlotte, good idea. I thought about getting some sudoku puzzles the other day, think I might.

A couple of poignant phrases for me are:

1. If you believe you can your already half way there.
  2. If you cheat the only person your cheating is yourself
  3. Take control back
  4. With every new morning comes new opportunity
And my new slogan seems to have become as I walk around the house with it playing in my head lol "We're bringing sexy back" PMSL

Good luck everyone, its officially my first day on Exante today too even tho its day 6 without food.xx

The one that had the biggest impact on me, was "never trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment", which just rings so many bells for me...

So many times before I've lost sight of the bigger picture and caved in for a burger, or a sausage roll, or something equally annoying like that, and I believe if you keep your long term goal at the front of your mind, you can overcome anything

I like that one Aaron, thanks...deffo worth keeping in the fore front of ur mind!!xx

Awesome, yeah its all about bearing in mind how you can look back at this time and know it made a difference, have no regrets cos you stuck to it 100% xxx

And I love that about taking back control.... I am sick of food ruling my life xxx

Me to Charlotte, food had become one of the few things I look forward to, which I'm so glad I'm changing...rather than getting up in the morning and thinking what can I have for breakfast, ooo I'll have that for lunch and yummy we'll have that for dinner...I now get up and think, wow looks like a nice day, what can I do with it at least I did this morning.xx

Back