Inspirational women on Yahoo! lost over 500 pounds!

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
There is a story on the front page of Yahoo! about a women who lost 500 pounds with support from people over the internet.

I can't post a link because it is just a link on the front page under "featured" but the video opens in that same page without its own web address - if that makes sense.

ut it might still be there to see. Its on the home page, under FEATURED news.

What a story - she weighed over 700 pounds and is now 170 pounds. She did not say how she did it, other then it was NOT surgery. Really really amazing.

Just thought I would share in case anyone wanted to see it. Hopefully it is still there. :)

Thanks, Blonde Logic for the tip off and to Drama Queen for the link.

A pretty inspirational story.

I thought it was fascinating and have cut and pasted the most interesting (to me) bits, just in case people can't find it:

"The more food she ate, the more shame she felt, and nothing could stop the cycle.... Makin began overeating to avoid her feelings and soon she just couldn't stop...

"You're stuffing your feelings. That's what people need to know. It's not just being a glutton."

Three years and 530 pounds later Makin is keeping the weight off. She wants people to know that crucial first step is realizing the weight is not the problem.

"I've heard so many times, I said it myself, if I could only lose 40 or 50 pounds, I'd be so much happier. I've found on this journey that the opposite is true."

Unless you focus on what's going on inside and start to feel better about yourself you won't be able to stop the cycle. "The key is to find contentment and value in yourself by reaching out and doing something not for you, and the weight will come off as a side effect."

Thanks, once again!

Back