Inspirations and reasons for losing weight

jfc

Silver Member
What are yours

Ultimately its to stay healthy and get in shape for all of us...but what was the trigger that made you turn to a drastic diet involving shakes and water?

My trigger is my own longing to be loved and fancied again by my boyfriend...I am sure he does love me and he is still physicaly affectionate with me...but I was 7 stone 10 when we met (at the age of 17)...he makes jokes but nothing too nasty...more affectionate stuff..like calling me Hattie Jaques with a grin on his face or the hippo of the mattress advert...

But

I also have another reason this time. I have been invited to Prague with my sister and her colleagues in October. Now my sister is a darling and very complimentary about me.. and as its the first time they will have met me I dont want to resemble Mrs Blobby, I will after all be travelling with my size 10 glamourous sister. She is a lone female working as in Air traffic control and dosnt want to be the only female on the trip...so its me, my sis and loads of air traffic controllers!

See my inspiration?

It is probably going to be one long p**s up if im honest so I wont be sole sourcing...but I should be about 9 stone if not lower by October and at 5ft 4 that will be a size 14...which compared to my now size 24 is fantastic

what are your inspirations and dreams that you are working towards and why?

also...ive spent a fortune on size 10 and 12 clothes from last year when I was at target...cant let them become dated before I wear them again can I

Mine is not to loose weight, but to control it.

As I seen my mother, Mini, struggle with it, I knew the difficulty and pain in trying to lose it. From the observation of how unhappy it made her, it makes me more determined to try my best not to let it happen to me.

This is even more important working in a high stress industry, such as IT, where something one day is old news the next and you have to keep on top. With that stress, learning the right tools now to make sure I dont gain weight is all more important to me.

Pierce

Definately Pierce. Maintenance is the hardest part of all..for no one notices if you stay the same...whereas I (like many other dieters) get a buz out of people comenting and paying you compliments as your weight decreases.

In the IT industry, I imagine you are sitting down alot like I do as a receptionist...I work 8am - 6pm sitting in the same spot...my bum seems to have taken that as a hint that I want it to cover the entire chair..lol

Hi JFC,

Like you my main priority is to be healthy and in shape but the trigger for me is the desire to live again and enjoy life.

From being a major party animal I've spent an awful lot of time on my own the past couple of years, apart from going to work, to the point i'm almost reclusive. I also want to inspire my daughter.

Like you i also have a major incentive which is a trip to New York in March next year. Although i won't be at goal, i will have lost quite a lot of weight which means no embarrassment at the airport, lots of walking seeing the sights and shopping - i'm determined these legs will slide into knee high boots.

Just get a bigger chair, though denail and justification is your worst enemy when trying to maintain.

Yes, the ego loves to be told its doing well, but its your ego, its not you. Perhapse you need to find the reward else where, such as noting to yourself every morning, how its easier to breath, how you dont feel as stiff in a chair, the more energy and active you feel, the more you want to experience life.

If you dont remind yourself of thoes things, other people wont because they are too busy with their own lives. The only reason they say something if you lose/gain weight, is because their ego is making them feel jelous(if you lose), satisifed(if you gain). Of course some people are genuine and I am only taking a general view of it all.

Pierce

Hi JFC,
I'm 5 feet 4 inches tall and I'm wearing size 12 trousers (just - another 10lbs will make them more comfy) but I weigh just under 11stone - if you weigh 9stones you'll be much smaller than a size12 :D
Anyway, you can do this and will have a fab time in October!
Love,
A
xxxx

AKB said:
Hi JFC,
I'm 5 feet 4 inches tall and I'm wearing size 12 trousers (just - another 10lbs will make them more comfy) but I weigh just under 11stone - if you weigh 9stones you'll be much smaller than a size12 :D
Anyway, you can do this and will have a fab time in October!
Love,
A
xxxx

I weigh 12stone 1 at the moment and am a size 24....It took me until 8.7 before I was a 10/12 and 8.4 to reach 8/10....I have a funny shape...carry all my weight in one area...

Hang on...here is a photo of me at 8 stone 7 at christmas

000_0042.jpg

and this was me a year earlier weighing in at 13 stone +...carry it all on my boobs and tum..

000_0988.jpg

What do you mean chins???? I can only see one - my chins on the other hand have all joined up and now I just have a pelican neck :eek:
You look lovely in both photos - start seeing yourself as you really are and not how you think you look! A lot easier said than done I know but honestly - you look drop dead gorgeous!!!!:D

your very kind...but there is a reason the photo stops where it does...lol

My tummy looks permanently pregnant..

My waist measurements were at least 35 in the second photo.

My motivation is to feel healthier for the kids, and for me. My youngest is just about to turn three and is autistic, and totally dependent at the moment so I need to be in the best health possible all the time to deal with him. I also want to try and be able to maintain my weight so that my daughter (4) doesn't see and get drawn into the same viscious food cycle as me.

And I want to be able to buy nice clothes and feel sexy again!

Lynne x

jfc said:
I weigh 12stone 1 at the moment and am a size 24....It took me until 8.7 before I was a 10/12 and 8.4 to reach 8/10....I have a funny shape...carry all my weight in one area...

Hang on...here is a photo of me at 8 stone 7 at christmas

000_0042.jpg

Isn't it funny how we all are different shapes too? When I reach 10 stones I'm in a size 10, and I'm 5'3.5". I'm 14 stones just now and in a size 16 bottom 18 top.

Lynne x

At work Lynne I have some scales behind my desk in reception. Once a week all my weight conscious colleagues jump on them and I do a chart for each of them to show their progress. They consider me wise abiut diets since my 5 stone loss last year...ironic really considering how much I have regained...but I guess that makes me more sympathetic to them.

Anyway my point is...

one lady 5ft 3" weighs 11stone 9 - size 14
One man 6ft 2" weighs 17 stone - dont know his size but he looks trim and solid
another lady 5ft 4 weighs 11 stone 5 - size 16
and me
5ft 4 - weighs 12 stone (this morning) - size 22 (gone down 1 size as of today!!...but I may even fit a 20 but wont try it in case im disappointed)

good morning all btw

xxxx

Hi all,

My motivation was mainly due to health. I went to the doctors in January and was told that I had high blood pressure (about 185/140) and was told to lose weight or to take tablets. I was just under 18 stone at the time I tried for a few months but only lost about 5lbs, and this made no difference to my blood pressure so I went on the tablets for a month and this did start to lower it.

Then I heard about LT and thought I would give it a try. I stopped taking the tablets and couldn't believe how quickly I lost weight. In 3 and a bit weeks I had lost 2 stone, but I came off it to go on holiday, and to drink while watching the world cup.

I went back on it about 3 weeks ago but it was loads harder to get going the second time and I kept on cheating every few days or so. I have been on it "proper" for 9 days now and am 14 stone exactly.

The best bit though is that my blood pressure is normal now (as of last week) and I do not need any tablets at all. WOO WOO.

Now that I am into it I want to try to lose another 2 stone before I start refeeding as I know that it is easier to stay on it than to stop and start again.

Reading a few of the posts here and the DH site really helps to keep focused when you want to jack it in, or to just have an ice cream because "it won't make any difference really" so many thanks everyone.

Gray

I knew that I should try to lose weight because of the effect it might have on my health but that seemed all to distant until I had a healthscare at the begining of May and my doctor recommended LL to me.

I had struggled with my weight since moving in with my now hubby nearly 13 years ago and had always been slim and sporty before that.

I realised that I had changed as a person and had always gone for the safe boring option and lost my adventurous side :eek:

Also I have a 3 year old and I want her to have an active lifestyle so she doesn't even have to think about exercise and the best way is to lead by example. I don't want her growing up to see an obese female body image as the norm so that if she should put on weight that was ok because she wasn't as fat as mummy :mad:

Although I am having fantastic result on LL my goal is actually to have a normal attitude to food so that my weight remains stable.

By learning to deal with my emotions in a constructive way rather than hitting the self destruct button and turning to food, I feel that progress is being made. I am actually fairly confident after only 2 months of LL that I am on the right track to achieving this. I feel I'm a better and more successful person for doing this - oh and the weightloss is great too :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi,

My motivation was also health - my BP went up for the first time at the beginning of this year and I was due to turn 60 in April..........boy did that focus the mind :eek:

Took me a few weeks to finally take the plunge and start CD - did loads of research on the web etc. The big decider was reading about the rapid weight losses - figured at my age I didn't want to spend a couple of years trying to get rid of it all !!!!

Best decision I ever made...........CD has taught me sooo much about myself...........I feel better than I have for years :D :D :D :D

Back