Inspiriational Notes - to help you along -PMA all the way!!!!

TobeaSkinnyMe

Hi

Just thought I would set up a thread to help with motivation.. after a few weeks, I find I am becoming stuck and need some motivation.. We all talk about receipes, syns and weigh-ins... What about the emotional side of it all? Without maintaining a PMA??? we cannot maintain our weight loss without it...

I'll start:

Before:
Each time I tried on clothes in normal shops, I felt ashamed, I would look for clothes that would stretch.. clothes that looked bigger than the size they were...

Now - Positive:
I can buy my correct size... I dont have to cut the labels off to hide the sizes..
I buy and even if they dont fit I will bring them back to the shops.. before i was too ashamed..

Before:
I had to buy belts in fat shops as they wouldnt go around my waist..

Now - Positive:
I can buy a belt in any shop not just fat shops!!!

Before:
I would hide from pics.. or would always offer to take the picture for everyone else

Now - Positive:
Now I jump in the picture.. and smile

Before:
I would shy away from people...

NOw - positive:
Now I am getting my confidence back.. I am becoming the person I used to be.

Before:

I would buy shoes and handbags because of fear that clothes wouldnt fit..

Now - positive:
I get confused cause now I have a selection - I am happy even knowing I can!!!!

:553::553::553::553::553::553::553::553:

what has been your fears and how have you overcome them? what makes you motivated?

Before -
Would cry everytime i caught a glimse of myself

Now (and not anywhere near goal yet)
I find myself checking out my pert bum lol (thank heaven for Zumba)

Before -
if someone looked at me, i would think they are laughing at me

After -
If they look at me now - i wonder if its cause they know me or think i look nice.

but main PMA is.....

Before -
Just wanted to hide away & cry and hated myself

Now - feel in control of my life (esp food) for first time in my life

I have a long way to go but.

Before.

When I felt down/depressed I would grab the nearest take out//biscuits//bread..and eat until I was sick.

Now.

I am way more in control of what I eat, and If i feel down I do some exercising and feel loads better.

Last edited:
Can totally relate to rather buying handbags and shoes than to try on clothes that would make me feel bad. Can't wait to buy a new wardrobe that I'm confident with

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I can relate to most of these especially the one about belts, mine come from Evans at the moment. I hope to make this a thing of the past in the future. I am also looking forward to when I can try things on in lower dress sizes.

Can totally relate to rather buying handbags and shoes than to try on clothes that would make me feel bad. Can't wait to buy a new wardrobe that I'm confident with

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Me too.....bags, shoes, jewellery, scarves, I can spend ages looking at trying and buying. Clothes....I don't go in changing rooms to try them as it is always a depressing experience, just grab, pay, go home.:(

Want to be able to march into white stuff or fat face, grab an armsfull of yummy clothes and really enjoy trying them on!! :)

Back