instant help needed!!

Katc

i am on day 10 and we have had family situation arise .... the result of this is i have to cook and attend a meal tonight .... i haven't told them i am doing this because i don't want the lectures .... not eating is not an option ... if i just had a bit of salmon and some steamed spinach will i be ok ...??? please help??

You would be okay and it wouldnt take you out of ketosis, but couldnt you say that you had eaten just beforehand, so you are not hungry, and noone would need know then. Might be the wisest option as once you eat once you might want to continue to do this.

If you can't tell them you're on this, why not say your stomach has been upset all day and you really can't eat anything just in case.

I think it's best to tell people but if you can't, you can't. Good luck with whatever you do!

I wouldn't risk it. I'd just be honest and explain that its a medical weight loss program thats going to make you so much healthier.

I ve people round today and I said that I am on a strick diet and todays healthy meal is 'SOUP' no one noticed that it was not proper soup as I put it in a bowl and used a spoon. I didnt want to tell them about Lipotrim as I didnt want the grief!! but that soup went down well, Good luck x

I know everyone is different but I find it soooooo much easier just telling peeps the truth that im on Lipotrim..........I'm proud of the fact that im strong enough willed to do such a hard diet..........2 of my friends have tried lecturing......but all I tell them is to read the website so they understand exactly what I'm doing before they comment...........and 1 of my friends is even thinking about the diet herself! The trouble with alot of peeps is that if they dont understand something they think its wrong.....which they couldnt be further from the truth. xx

Why do you feel like you cant tell them you are on this diet?
It is nothing to be ashamed of!
I would suggest NOT eating and tell the the truth!!!!!

Afterall, honesty is the best policy.

Why do you feel like you cant tell them you are on this diet?
It is nothing to be ashamed of!
I would suggest NOT eating and tell the the truth!!!!!

Afterall, honesty is the best policy.
Nice to see someone on the same wavelength as me :D

:) :)

I have been completly honest about being on this diet... At first i got the why's and the are you stupid's? but now alot of people are approaching me and asking me the details so they can do it aswell!!

If you really dont want to tell them I would go for the upset stomach and run to the toilet every 10 minutes to make it more believable lol!!!

Thank you so much for all of the advice ..... i did eat some salmon last night and to be honest was so scared that i didn't really enjoy it! i am still in ketosis this morning, I do understand that the logical thing would be to tell them that i was doing this, however, they are all my inlaws and they are so so very judgemental and to be honest i have so much going on that i just don't need their negativity!

I understand completely where you're coming from. I didn't tell anyone apart from close family and about 2 friends. Now however that I've lost just about 3 stone, some of the people at work have finally noticed, so I have told them what I've been doing. They're very supportive now, and one of the girls at work's mother is interested in doing the program, but I know for a fact that if I'd told them from the outset there would have been loads of negativity that quite frankly I didn't want to have to deal with as well as dealing with the diet. Now that everyone can see how well I've done and how well I've been it's ok, but I know it would have been a different story beforehand. I do have to go out and eat sometimes as part of my job, but I've still managed a good weight loss. This hasn't always been easy, but I've managed to stay focussed and gone straight back onto LT the next day. You will have to do this if you want your weight loss to be successful. I wish I could be a 'purist' like some of the girls on here and do LT 100% but my job doesn't allow this, and after all it's what's paying the bills!!!! Good luck - I'm sure you'll be ok.

Katc & Slimmabum- I'm exactly like you two. I start tomorrow and the only one I've told is my husband- and that was after a lot of deliberation! LOL! I know that people will be negative about the diet, and I want to lose some weight quietly first then when people (hopefully!) start to comment on my loss I'll explain what I'm doing?

Irish mum
I am just starting day 3 and although I my partner knows I haven't told only my closest friend as you will get the grief. Even my partner asked whether I was stupid..I'm not. I am under no illusion that this is a very low calorie diet and the more energy you use when taking in less results in weight loss. I would say though that the first weeks results I have seen in people is spurring me on. It is difficult for the first couple of days but keep at it.

All - how do you know when you have hit ketosis?

Irishmum and Slimma, Thank you both so much for letting me know it is not just me!! The decision to eat last night was so hard and not even enjoyable! i felt truly guilty but ensured that i had no carbs at all, My OH felt that it was probably a good thing that i was eating last night as if i was in that much of a state after 10 days of no food what was i going to be like when i came off the packets completely!!
The family are such a nightmare and i just can't put up with all of the comments and negativity!:cry:
I have told some people at work that i am on a restrictive diet and am almost detoxing hence i won't be eating any of the treats that are constantly in the office! - in fact as the boss i have asked that they hide them!! xxx

I wish i could be more like wellyshelly and summergirl but like some of you above the people i dont want to tell are because they would judge me ...or gossip and to be honest i'm doing this for me and when i get to weight i feel happy with i may then tell them, when i did SW diet my friends, work colleagues in laws would ask how i did and it was nice but alot of pressure!!, i just think if i explain etc if i didn't come in with a huge weight loss theyd assume id cheated lol !!
i'm not embarrased about the diet infact i'm VERY PROUD that i'm sticking to it, but this is for me so for a while its my little secret...honesty is the best policy so if anyone notices i'm loosing weight i'll say its a calorie controlled diet, good luck girlies xx

Oh yes, I've had the worried concerns from my family, all tut-tutting with furrowed brows......just wait until Mum actually sees me on Sunday with 1 stone wight loss and glowing skin (my work-mates description, not mine!) It will definately put her mind at rest. I do understand about in-laws tho!

All - how do you know when you have hit ketosis?

You can tell if your in ketosis by a few symptoms, bad breath, furry tongue, bad taste in your mouth. You can buy 'ketostix' at the pharmacy and you test your urine, but to be honest, as long as your are sticking to it 100% you should be in ketosis from around day 3-5

I wish i could be more like wellyshelly and summergirl but like some of you above the people i dont want to tell are because they would judge me ...or gossip and to be honest i'm doing this for me and when i get to weight i feel happy with i may then tell them, when i did SW diet my friends, work colleagues in laws would ask how i did and it was nice but alot of pressure!!, i just think if i explain etc if i didn't come in with a huge weight loss theyd assume id cheated lol !!
i'm not embarrased about the diet infact i'm VERY PROUD that i'm sticking to it, but this is for me so for a while its my little secret...honesty is the best policy so if anyone notices i'm loosing weight i'll say its a calorie controlled diet, good luck girlies xx

Yum Yum. Completely understand why you don't want people to know afterall its not their business...nothing wrong with being honest. I think I will be more willing to say what I've done when people notice. To stick to it is an achievment. Well nearly strawberry shake time

Back