Instant mash pizza

Wizzy73

OMG I have just started to cook this pizza and I swear there is a higher power warning me away!! Not only have I set fire to the grease proof paper but also the oven gloves!!!!! Well here's hoping that it actually turns out ok:(:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Omg that was divine!!!!! Would upload a pic but unsure how to do it at the mo.

Last edited:
Here is the recipe for Instant Mash Pizza's..........................

Pete’s Pizza

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Red onion, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1tbsp dried chives
1tbsp basil
125g Instant mash (ff)
Shake of garlic salt
Shake of black pepper

Toppings
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato puree
6 slices Chorizo sausage
6 tbsp. passata
45g Mozzarella cheese
45g Reduced fat Cheddar
Pineapple slices

Method

Cook the onion until soft & set aside.
Make up the instant mash as per the packet instructions, add the onion & seasoning, mix well, leave for a few minutes, and adjust the mix until it is “dough” like. On a clean, flat surface place the mix, cover in Clingfilm & rollout until about 5-8mm thick, remove the Clingfilm and using a bowl the same size as your small frying pan cut around, continue until you have used up the mix, reworking any left over.
In a small frying pan, cook each one until lightly browned and free in the frying pan to move, turnover and repeat, remove and leave on a cake rack to cool.
Mix the Passata, Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar & tomato puree together, then coat each base, add the cheddar, shared between all of them, add your topping, then finish with Mozzarella. Preheat the oven to 200C and cook for 20-30 mins until the cheese has melted but not burnt!

Mini Pizza.JPGMini Pizza-2.JPGMini Pizza-3.JPGMini Pizza-4.JPGMini Pizza-5.JPG

Hi Neveragain.
Try melting some cottage cheese under a grill first to see what happens to it before using on a pizza! Some cheeses go very watery.....
Pete

Here is the recipe for Instant Mash Pizza's..........................

Pete’s Pizza

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Red onion, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1tbsp dried chives
1tbsp basil
125g Instant mash (ff)
Shake of garlic salt
Shake of black pepper

Toppings
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato puree
6 slices Chorizo sausage
6 tbsp. passata
45g Mozzarella cheese
45g Reduced fat Cheddar
Pineapple slices

Method

Cook the onion until soft & set aside.
Make up the instant mash as per the packet instructions, add the onion & seasoning, mix well, leave for a few minutes, and adjust the mix until it is “dough” like. On a clean, flat surface place the mix, cover in Clingfilm & rollout until about 5-8mm thick, remove the Clingfilm and using a bowl the same size as your small frying pan cut around, continue until you have used up the mix, reworking any left over.
In a small frying pan, cook each one until lightly browned and free in the frying pan to move, turnover and repeat, remove and leave on a cake rack to cool.
Mix the Passata, Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar & tomato puree together, then coat each base, add the cheddar, shared between all of them, add your topping, then finish with Mozzarella. Preheat the oven to 200C and cook for 20-30 mins until the cheese has melted but not burnt!

the look delish

Ive tried it! It was nice but its so important to make the base paper thin! I thought mine was thin but it has to be ridiculously thin or it tastes raw and potatoey (not the good kind, artificial weird taste) but its a great little recipe. id also recommend spraying some fry light on it before you bake it as it crisps it up :)

Back