insulin diabetic

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by slickers, 16 December 2010 Social URL.

1. slickers

slickers Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(16.88%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have been a insulin diabetic since the age of 22 i have never really been overweight was only 9 stone when diagnosed just one of those things. After i had my 1st child 17 years ago i put on 5 stone and could not loose any weight then discovered i had under active thyroid. Since hitting 40 i have put on a couple of stone (middle age spread) so i decided i would have a go at SW doing it alone at home was lucky a friend gave me new books. I have so far lost 1 stone 2lbs only 12lb more to go, also my blood sugars have improved alot always under 7 now not eating jars of sauces etc loaded with sugar. I am doing EE as gives me good balance of carbs, protein and veg.:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Hello, well done on the weigt loss so far. It looks like the healthy eating is agreeing wit you too xx

4. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well done on your journey so far.
    I also have an underactive thyroid and am at target, just so you know it is possible x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.