Insult of Complement

or even close friends, complimenting me on my weight loss so far but then finishing it with "you have never looked yr age, be careful as your starting to get wrinkles now your face is thinner"

Thank you that made me feel brilliant especially with my 40th just around the corner!!!

I may be chubby but when I am thin you will still be ugly........

I would take it as a compliment, friends were always saying things like that to me,I think I used to ask for it in a way, I was always moaning about my size , they would say "you always look good and dress too suit your size"?? at the end of the day it is my fault I am fat!!
What does make me chuckle is the same people now saying you look great now you've lost 2+stone you look much better.. I still have two stone to go so what did they really think before??
sometimes I think I was the token fat person who makes them feel thinner

Diet girl - come on, tell us what you said back ;) I hope it was good!!!

Libby, I agree with you 100%, makes you think how people viewed you before doesn't it, I drive myself mad thinking that people looked at me as a fat cow, but then I have a couple of mates who have lost a couple of stone each and they look really well, I never used to think of them as a fat cow before that so maybe there's hope for me lol!!!

xtwinklex

Back