Interesting BMI article

You see so much on the web about weight and bmi, they all tell a different story...you just don't know what 2 believe.lol.

Interesting article, thanks for the link. I've never been a fan of BMI as I know how different people can be- at size 24 I was getting a fair bit of exercise, much more than my size 8 sister who would jump in the car to go to the shop less than a mile away whereas I'd have no problem walking.

BMI is a general useful tool, it's good to use the 'healthy' range for my height as a kind of goal aim for. But I hope that when I do get there I'll be doing more exercise so wil have more muscle mass.

I've always ignored BMI because even if I was to get down to my so-called healthy BMI, I'd look like a nasty lollipop. I trust the waist measurement a whole lot more.

I'm 2 stone away from healthy BMI for my height but am not planning on getting that low as I think I'll have trouble maintaining that weight and will look too wrinkly. And the way my losses are at the mo 2 stone seems a lifetime away (well more than 6 months away seeing as I only seem able to manage less than a pound a week currently).

Back