Interesting discovery

Iv been worried about how much I am eating and if slimming world actually works. (Iv just re started, I have done it before)

Anyway out of interest I entered all I ate yesterday into weight loss resources (calorie based diet) and It came just under my daily allowance of calories !

This is based on

B/f Porridge heb

Lunch quorn steak with rocket and muller light yogurt

Snack 2 alpen lights heb

Dinner pasta in sauce with sweetcorn and hea x2 cheese on top

Snack 4 finger kitkat

That's based on not restricting anything and filling satisfied after each meal and not hungry at all.

I'm not saying it will be the same for every day, but I entered today's food too and it works out the same and im having quorn chilli and rice tonight too.

Quite surprising huh?

I often wondered how my food intake on SW would work out in terms of calories.

I do think I eat a hell of a lot more than what you've written there, though: add a few punnets of raspberries/blackberries/blueberries, a couple of apples, a banana, a fat-free yogurt, about a ton of vegetables and a glass or two of red wine and it might be somewhere near my daily food intake.

So my calories are probably much, much higher :(

I don't have any chocolate though! :innocent0002:

I only started on Monday! But have lost when I have done it before. I don't need to lose much, prob 5 pounds. But it's harder when u have less to go : /

This is based on around 1300 cals, obviously if u had more to lose, taller bla bla you prob would get more calories too !

I like slimming world as it encourages me to eat better foods, just calorie counting can make it easy to opt for the unhealthier stuff !

No choc.. Mmmmmm I need a bit ! Not keen on fruit mind you, I get bloated when I eat it, but normally try and have a bit everyday (altho didn't yesterday)

Iv been worried about how much I am eating and if slimming world actually works. (Iv just re started, I have done it before)

Anyway out of interest I entered all I ate yesterday into weight loss resources (calorie based diet) and It came just under my daily allowance of calories !

This is based on

B/f Porridge heb

Lunch quorn steak with rocket and muller light yogurt

Snack 2 alpen lights heb

Dinner pasta in sauce with sweetcorn and hea x2 cheese on top

Snack 4 finger kitkat

That's based on not restricting anything and filling satisfied after each meal and not hungry at all.

I'm not saying it will be the same for every day, but I entered today's food too and it works out the same and im having quorn chilli and rice tonight too.

Quite surprising huh?

Be careful about what these things suggest as your "daily allowance of calories" as that is entirely dependent on the data you tell it about your height, weight, exercise and desired weekly weight loss - Ill repeat that - desired weekly weight loss. Some people set this unrealistically and it will thus set you the absolute minimum calories you should be eating a day ie 1200 calories. That is the absolute minimum any healthy adult should be eating in a day and NOT a suggested guideline.

This isn't a personal message as I obviously have no idea what your own suggested level is, but just a warning for anyone who uses these things and believes the figures given are accurate. SW is not a VLCD, it just teaches us to eat healthily so in the process reduces calories in doing so. Its still important to eat enough, which is usually a lot more than 1200cal. :)

yes I have to have my choc as well - Curly Wurly's are a favourite! yesterday I made some Ferrero Rocher sweets (Nutella, golden syrup and scan bran) which taste lovely. I'm eating a lot healthier foods since on the diet though - my 13 yo daughter has noticed how much better my cooking and menus are!

Back