Interesting name for a forum...x

Discussion in 'Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow' started by Isis, 27 July 2006 Social URL.

1. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This is an interesting name for a forum...I'm intrigued. Somebody enlighten me please:D x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Dunno but looks good!! :cool:

4. georgiasmum

georgiasmum Regular Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge 810
    Think its about the psychology of dieting...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    I am waiting in excitement as well:)

6. Pierce

Pierce Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Its diva's little pet project, we shall have to wait for her to explaine it all to us!

Pierce

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Yo, Diva Lady, you know I have zero patience - spill the beans!! :D

8. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Sorry guys....you're gonna have to wait just a little longer!!! :) We should be set to go this afternoon.....HOWEVER, in the meantime....

Cast your minds back to when you first started your weight loss journey....how did you feel? and why did you think that this time would be different???

9. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Hmmm - I was desperately excited because it was a new diet on me (LL) and I knew it would be different as it was removing the food/portion/control aspect so would get to the root cause of my overeating, not just mask the symptoms. Mind you, I still have the old chatterbox clamouring for attention on a montonously regular basis and therefore can always do with a bit of help from Mr McK et al!
    love

10. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I was excited, but didn't think for one moment it would work for me. Talk about being negative:eek: I tried everything else, couldn't think how this one would be the one that gave me a 2nd chance.

So no. I didn't think this would be any different. How wrong could I have been:eek:

11. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Thanks Issy and Karion....can you remember how you were feeling BEFORE you started...i.e the feelings that drove you to look for an answer in the first place?

12. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Oh golly gumdrops, yes! I was feeling old, hopeless, ashamed of my size and greed, unloved and extremely depressed about the future.
    I shudder to think of it now!
    love

13. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Fat, useless, end of my tether, lost, depressed and scared. That about sums me up in August 2004

14. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Decided I could put up with being unhappy and my weight impacting onEVERY aspect fo my life or I could make one more HUGE effort and beat it once and for ALL. So have changed all my 'usual' rules of dieting; now have breakfast every day(never ever have before) Joined a gym(!) and now swim everyday. Finally have asked everyone for support, especially all you lovely ladies and gents on this wonderful website. Its' working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    There's an old saying: "If you do what you always did then you'll get what you always had" so it makes a lot of sense changing our approach to losing weight if we've gotten into a yo-yo mentality.

Barb - I think for me the support element has been the biggest difference this time. Losing weight can be a long and lonely path to walk if you're doing it alone. Even attending a slimming class wasn't enough for me as there was a whole week between meetings and you can pack a lot of slip-ups into a week!

I need daily affirmations and the knowledge that I'm not alone in this journey - I CANNOT take my eyes off the prize for a minute: that's where I've gone wrong so many times in the past ... I'd become complacent.

There's no doubt that losing weight and reclaiming our lives is HARD WORK no matter how we go about it but I realise now that I'm worth the effort. :)

Debbie x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.