interesting things to do with the shakes?

Charan

Hey everyone,

thought I'd ask if anyones tried doing stuff with the shakes. I'm thinking of having the vanilla warm with coffee, any thoughts? also on LL and CD they seem to make muffins outta the shakes, anyone tried that?

Hi I haven't done anything with them yet but there is a sticky above this with all kinds of ideas. It's called "how do you have your shakes?"

I have the choc and the vanilla ones cold with a spoonful of coffee.....so yummy :D

I've tried making the muffin thing but it just tasted salty and looked like a lump of plastecine (sp?)
Also if you cook packs you can only do it for 1 pack per day as cooking them will kill the nutrients which isn't good.

Also if you cook packs you can only do it for 1 pack per day as cooking them will kill the nutrients which isn't good.

Ohh so that means no microwaving then? Oh nooo not sure what I'm gonna do with my soups now because it says to mix with boiled water but my blender doesn't take hot liquids... it says it in the instructions and I went and tried it once just to see and it really was not a good idea! :eek: lol. Guess I'll have to invest in an electric whisk instead then.

I make muffins out of the strawberry and chocolate packs and have about 4 a week. I was under the impression that is okay as long as it no more than one a day.
The muffins keep me going - love 'em :)

I have my vanilla, choco and banana hot with coffee and my strawberry hot with no coffee. :)

Do you add hot water to them or do you add cold and microwave them??

Do you add hot water to them or do you add cold and microwave them??

With the hot ones with coffee, I make a black coffee with sweetner then add the powder to it and blitz with a hand blender

Same for the strawberry but I just dont put any coffee in the hot water.

yeah you can't cook the shakes in any form or fashion.

Boiled water is okay, but not as in boiled water in a saucepan, like boiled water out of the kettle.

Microwaving really affects the nutrients

Thanks hannata and Starlight! I was going to make a thread about this today but now don't need to... I'm off to Argos later to buy me an electric whisk or hand blender so I can mix my hot soups. I was lazy when I had my first shake this morning (I'm having 1 shake and 2 soups per day) and mixed it with a fork, the nice little lumps floating at the top were lush lol.

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread :eek:

Last edited:
Ohh so that means no microwaving then? Oh nooo not sure what I'm gonna do with my soups now because it says to mix with boiled water but my blender doesn't take hot liquids... it says it in the instructions and I went and tried it once just to see and it really was not a good idea! :eek: lol. Guess I'll have to invest in an electric whisk instead then.

I mix mine with a little cold water then top up from the kettle.

And I use one of those shaker bottles they sell in sports shops to mix up protein supplements. Works perfectly with soups and shakes

I suppose if you filled it with boiling water then shook it then you might get burnt, but I specifically stated I don't do that.

I shake with cold water, then add hot.

There's no need to be scaring people off using a cheaper and far more portable solution.

and no, the plastic of them won't melt or crack with hot water. anymore than my plastic camping mugs do.

I wasnt scaring anyone off if you dont mind I was speaking from personal experience and I and many others on here have been caught out similarly and got a sore hand or made a hell of a mess when the shake/soup spurts out. Its a very common problem and one a lot of people dont realise can happen. I know I didnt. I dont think I said anything about them cracking either.

You did specifically mention using boiling water with yours and I know that thats what people have had problems with.

Im glad youve been ok with yours but I think its important people realise that plastic shakers and very hot water are a potentially dangerous combination.

Oh and you can get coffee frothers for £1.99

Last edited:
Starlight said:
I wasnt scaring anyone off if you dont mind I was speaking from personal experience and I and many others on here have been caught out similarly and got a sore hand or made a hell of a mess when the shake/soup spurts out. Its a very common problem and one a lot of people dont realise can happen. I know I didnt. I dont think I said anything about them cracking either.

You did specifically mention using boiling water with yours and I know that thats what people have had problems with.

Im glad youve been ok with yours but I think its important people realise that plastic shakers and very hot water are a potentially dangerous combination.

Oh and you can get coffee frothers for £1.99

Me too! I have burnt myself a couple of times doing this! (I know I should have learnt the first time)
The shake expands if you put boiling water in it which can cause the shaker to explode spraying molten shake everywhere!
You can mix with cold so as no lumps then stir in hot to that but like Star says don't put it in a shaker and close the lid!
In summary be careful guys! It really bloody hurts being covered in boiling shake! X

hollycat said:
I make muffins out of the strawberry and chocolate packs and have about 4 a week. I was under the impression that is okay as long as it no more than one a day.
The muffins keep me going - love 'em :)

Please please share how you made them. I can't go through drinking gloop again!! :(

Back