Internet at last! but what a mess....

girlsbig98

Silver Member
Sorted but feel stupid!

I changed my phone plan with BT and also removed BT Vision package and did not touch the broadband package.

Around 2 weeks later the phone went off and around 3 days after that the internet went off. As I was aware I had only removed the BT Vision pack I was fuming to say the least about internet.

So here is the scenario (husband works away btw).

1. I get the phone reconnected on Friday with my old number... Great

2. They say there is nothing wrong with my internet connection and the line is good.

3. They get me on the phone to a tech guy who is asking me questions about the problems and going through procedures.

Can you believe my shock to find out I was not actually using BT Internet! Turns out my husband had Virgin Media install their internet because the BT was not good for online gaming!

It turns out all this time I had internet connection I just had a broken router and it's timing to break just so happened to be within a few days of the phone going off.

All this time I had the internet and wifi, the hotspots I managed to find on my phone was my own internet connection. And to rub more salt in to the wound have been paying BT for internet connection that we have not used for over 5 years!

Husband has a lot to answer for when he gets home next Monday!! I will really need to write a letter of apology to BT because I have been awfull to them about this :(

It basically goes a lot deeper and more embarrasing than this, but this gives you the general idea where my last 5 weeks have been!

Now to go post my WI which is a little better this week :D

Oh dear! Frying pan out ready to whack the hubby with? ;). I think I'd kill mine too, and it's exactly the sort of thing mine would do! At least you're back AND under 200lbs. Hoorah! I've had a bit of a wobble since my extremely drunken Xmas do but I'm back in the zone today :).

I hope you get all that money you have paid BT back.They should of known you already had Virgin as you can't have 2 internet down the same line.

Nice paid holiday coming up for you.:)

BT comes down phone line as I found out when the tech guy patiently had me looking for a filter! Was telling him no there is nothing like a filter like you are explaining to me!

He was like: "Please look at your BT Home Hub and follow the line to the phone socket"

I was like the BT Home Hub is around 15 meters away from the nearest phone socket and it doesnt plug into it.

Answer: That is your problem you must have the home hub plugged into the phone line or it will not work!

But its never ever been plugged in to our phone socket (you get the picture lol)

The BT Runs over phone lines and the Virgin runs over a big black cable through the wall and to wherever it goes lol so technically we could have had two lots of broadband running at once but instead had nearly 5 weeks with none!

Hey borders is your weight at 194 now? seen in your details section if so fantastic babe!! what you doing about christmas?

oh dear how embarrassing :eek:

5 years worth of payments for internet you didnt know you still had though , Id be absolutely fuming , lovely christmas present coming your way from hubby i hope and none for him ha ha

oh dear how embarrassing :eek:

5 years worth of payments for internet you didnt know you still had though , Id be absolutely fuming , lovely christmas present coming your way from hubby i hope and none for him ha ha

Yes I will tell him I want a whole new wardrobe of clothes in the summer when I reach goal weight!

I think I will put a lock on computer so he cant play his stupid game when he gets home for a punishment! :D

Back