INTERVIEW Tuesday but my WEIGHT will ruin my chances.....

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Gembritney, 28 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Gembritney

Gembritney Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.9%)
    Diet:
    LL
    I have passed the online and telephone interview.... I am travelling 100 miles for my interview......

But i know when they see me they will not give me the job..... in fact im adamant they will look at me feel im incompetent to carry out the roles of the job (loft measuring and up and down ladders)

This is the biggest opportunity and iv blown it..... i knew this interview was coming but did i manage to loose weight..... no!

how can come across mentally thin!!!!:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gonnagetslim

gonnagetslim size 14 here I come

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    8st11lb(38.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know how you feel....I feel I may get turned down for a job I have applied for (dental nurse) when they see how big I am :( good luck and try not to worry too much x

4. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    If a company refuses you a job because of the way you look, its a company not worth working for.

Keep your chin up, go to the interview and treat it as a training session for the better job that will come along :)

5. Gembritney

Gembritney Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.9%)
    Diet:
    LL
    thanks..... i have 2 relatives who work for the company too so i really wanna work there as well... im really wasting my time... x

6. Gembritney

Gembritney Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.9%)
    Diet:
    LL
    i mean i was told i was the best telephone interview they had recieved! but it will all go tits up when they see me

7. Rachel217

Rachel217 Silver-Haired Hottie

Chin up. You've lost 10% of your intended weight loss goal, and I would tell them that I was so stoked for this job that this was what pushed me to start getting in shape. If you've been practicing going up and down ladders to "train" for the job, let them know that, too. Focus on your aptitude and interest in the job. The fact that you have chosen a healthy plan to lose weight as opposed to a dangerous crash diet means that you will be an employee who is committed to safety and following established procedures.

You can't control other peoples' reactions, but you can project self-confidence, interest and motivation. Now, go in and knock 'em out!!

8. Gembritney

Gembritney Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.9%)
    Diet:
    LL

thanks hun... althought iv actually put most the weight back on now..... :cry:

9. Lozzy Gozzy

Lozzy Gozzy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting <3
    Oi oi people!!!! Positive thinking please!!!! :D

You ARE going to ace that interview! And you ARE going to get that job!!

No ifs or buts about it! No-one cares what size you are! You silly billys! :) Just go in and be yourselves and they'll love you! :)

I was exactly the same a few weeks ago, I had an interview, was a group one, full of loads of skinny pretty girls... and who got the job? ME! :D

So yeah, I'm now a cast member at the Disney Store! :)

Pleeeeeeeease keep your chin up and keep smiling... you're going to get that job, so no point in worrying about it! :)

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.