Intro from everyone on LT

Hi Sammy and welcome..........God ur funny........you reply to everythink!!!!!!!!! bet you will be one of the best supporters on here in a couple of weeks hun. Stick at it it gets a LOT easier and good luck for Friday chick x O, im Sally, 34, married 2 little irls, 4 and 2 by the way lol xxxxx

haha I know how sad am I, your comment just made me burst out laughing, and now i've gone bright red haha Am just trying to make some friends, plus I love chatting to people. OMG now I sound desperate haha I'm just friendly person and I really appriciating all the support i'm getting off people and hope I can give the same back xxx

Hi Sammy,

I'm over 21 (don't like to admit just how much over I am!!!!!) married to a slim and fit hubby with 3 adorable (can teenagers be adorable?) children, 2 teenagers and a younger one. I live down south and I'm a teacher.

I'm on LT coz I need to lose weight and get my blood pressure down (my decision, not doc led although I am keeping my doc informed). I have 2 slim sisters and a weight obsessed mum who calls me the "fat daughter" to other people!!!!

I would love to be able to fit into jeans and not look like Mr Blobby!!!! Oh, and to not be "the fat one" when I go out with the girls!!!!

Like you I love to chat and make friends but I'm a little shy and scared of rejection!

x

I'm Lisa, aged 35, Mum to two, a son and a daughter aged almost 6 and almost 4...married but just separated a month ago.

Doing LT to get fitter and look better and feel gooooood! Had a breast cancer scare late last year and was told by consultant to 'lose the 5 year old that you are carrying on your back'.....i.e. LOSE THE FAT, WOMAN!:eek::D

Out of sheer pig headedness and greed, did nothing till April, but decided to bite the bullet and get on the LT!

I want to be fab, fit and full of confidence and a better and funner mum, espesh for my son who I need to be around for as long as possible...he has severe Autism, is non speaking and has other developmental problems....I need to be here for his future !!!!

Love LT and it has given me the confidence to start a new life!

Love this place and the nutters that are on it...you're a lovely bunch!:D:D:D:D:D

.....Even THAT Howdy and his cockle obsession!;):D

Hi Sammy,

I'm over 21 (don't like to admit just how much over I am!!!!!) married to a slim and fit hubby with 3 adorable (can teenagers be adorable?) children, 2 teenagers and a younger one. I live down south and I'm a teacher.

I'm on LT coz I need to lose weight and get my blood pressure down (my decision, not doc led although I am keeping my doc informed). I have 2 slim sisters and a weight obsessed mum who calls me the "fat daughter" to other people!!!!

I would love to be able to fit into jeans and not look like Mr Blobby!!!! Oh, and to not be "the fat one" when I go out with the girls!!!!

Like you I love to chat and make friends but I'm a little shy and scared of rejection!

x

Well hello there, of course teenagers can be adorable......maybe when they're asleep? haha I have a 3 year old, I think i'm seriously seeing what I'm going to get off her as a teenager, shes full of attitude at the moment, but funny with it, have to try not to smile when i'm saying NO haha i'm sure you remember those days :)
I'm on LT mainly for myself, because I prob don't across as it on here but i'm really shy too and hate rejection, always think i'm being judged by how i look, so want to be slim and trim and confident and be an even better Mum to my daughter.
Don't let yourself be beat down by being "the fat daughter" think of it as big is beautiful but slim is healthier ha ha whats i've been told. Wish you best of luck and look forward to getting to know you more, I almost slipped tonight, I made a really nice meal for my husband and daughter and I nearly very nearly ate it. BUT I DIDN'T :D :D :D so i'm on a high :) that was my first hard bit to get through and I did it :) Just thought of the girls on here haha

Well done Sammy for resisting the temptation of your OH's meal! I can't complain about my eldest as she often does the cooking when I'm feeling down or when I'm late in from work. She really is a nice teenager! My son on the other hand is adorable when asleep!!!! Lol!!!

I worry about my youngest as she seems convinced she is fat (she so isn't!) as other (bigger) girls at school told her she was. Her teacher even asked me if she was eating properly!! She is probably my best, most sensible eater as she will eat fruit then yoghurt when she gets in from school whereas my other 2 would go for biscuits and toast!!!! Aren't other children cruel sometimes. The funny thing is she doesn't think her friends who do carry more weight are fat! Oh well!

I know how you feel about feeling judged for what you look like. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs but I am judged because I am overweight (ok, obese!) Is that really fair?

I do find myself looking at other overweight people and wishing I had the courage to tell them about LT and how it can change their lifes. I don't cause a smack in the mouth will hurt!!!

My mother even called me fat in my baby book even though I was her smallest baby and weighed under 7 lb! All 3 of mine were bigger at birth but she never called any of them fat! I kinda think part of my problems and screwups are coz I didn't think she liked me! Even now I think she only visits to see the children, who she absolutely adores!

Thank you for being you. You sound like a lovely person in your posts and I also look forward to getting to know you better.

keep up the good work.

x

Well done Sammy for resisting the temptation of your OH's meal! I can't complain about my eldest as she often does the cooking when I'm feeling down or when I'm late in from work. She really is a nice teenager! My son on the other hand is adorable when asleep!!!! Lol!!!

I worry about my youngest as she seems convinced she is fat (she so isn't!) as other (bigger) girls at school told her she was. Her teacher even asked me if she was eating properly!! She is probably my best, most sensible eater as she will eat fruit then yoghurt when she gets in from school whereas my other 2 would go for biscuits and toast!!!! Aren't other children cruel sometimes. The funny thing is she doesn't think her friends who do carry more weight are fat! Oh well!

I know how you feel about feeling judged for what you look like. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs but I am judged because I am overweight (ok, obese!) Is that really fair?

I do find myself looking at other overweight people and wishing I had the courage to tell them about LT and how it can change their lifes. I don't cause a smack in the mouth will hurt!!!

My mother even called me fat in my baby book even though I was her smallest baby and weighed under 7 lb! All 3 of mine were bigger at birth but she never called any of them fat! I kinda think part of my problems and screwups are coz I didn't think she liked me! Even now I think she only visits to see the children, who she absolutely adores!

Thank you for being you. You sound like a lovely person in your posts and I also look forward to getting to know you better.

keep up the good work.

x

How nice do you sound. Nice meet some1 can actually relate to. I hardly drink at all, I don't smoke, ok so I don't eat the right foods but I'm a good person and try to treat people how I liked to be treated.

My worst fear is my daughter becoming chubby and bullied at school or thinking shes fat. I was chubby at school and was one of the shy ones :-( My cooking habits totaly changed though when I had my daughter, I've always cooked her fresh, healthy meals and she actually really enjoys fruit and veg which I'm proud of her for, we never really eat with her though which is prob how bad habits started, my husband always finishes work late nowadays so always ate with him.
Glad our habits haven't rubbed off onto her though.

I hate leaving the house most days, I won't go anywhere on my own, need that comfort of someone being next to me. Haha I sound like a right geek here lol

Pretty harsh how you think your Mum feels about you. Is she one of these " tough love believers?" besides, chubby babies are cute :) lol Glad she loves her grand children though. If you feel that strongly maybe you should confront her with how she makes you feel. My sister is the pretty one of me and her, shes not skinny but shes confident and curvy and blonde.
I come from a family gene of big bones so i'm not expecting to become a size 10 model from LT but a weight where I feel confident.

Thanks for being you too, you sound lovely and sound like you have great kids too. Do you have many close friends apart from us girls and boys at this forum :) in reality should I say :)

Thanks Sammy,

I do have some lovely friends (other than on the forum) who know I am on LT and are very supportive. Two are doing/have been doing LT and another on LL and we always compare losses. I have another "friend" who I fortunately don't see much of now but who always tried to put me down and show me up. Not about my weight but how bad a mother I was! I got a perverted pleasure out of the fact my children eat vegetables happily and even ask for seconds whilst her perfect children hate them!!!! ***** aren't I!!!!!

My mother will never change. I think she is insecure after my father left when I was little and left her to bring up 3 children on her own with no financial help. She lost most of her women friends coz they thought she'd be after their husbands - the last thing on her mind!!!! I do love her but I find myself not liking her much on occasions.

I'm an apple shape from a family of slim things, although my mum's family live in the north east and do have weight problems. My youngest is a skinny thing like her dad whereas the other 2 are apples like me. My son is very active but has a big tum like me.

If I lived nearer you then I'd be on your doorstep dragging you out with me for a walk or windowshop or just for a coffee and chat. I'm shy with new people but very sociable when I'm with people I know. You sound adorable and the sort of person I'd enjoy spending time with. I find if I keep occupied then I'm less lightly to be tempted to break this diet!!!

Take care hun.

x

Thanks Sammy,

I do have some lovely friends (other than on the forum) who know I am on LT and are very supportive. Two are doing/have been doing LT and another on LL and we always compare losses. I have another "friend" who I fortunately don't see much of now but who always tried to put me down and show me up. Not about my weight but how bad a mother I was! I got a perverted pleasure out of the fact my children eat vegetables happily and even ask for seconds whilst her perfect children hate them!!!! ***** aren't I!!!!!

My mother will never change. I think she is insecure after my father left when I was little and left her to bring up 3 children on her own with no financial help. She lost most of her women friends coz they thought she'd be after their husbands - the last thing on her mind!!!! I do love her but I find myself not liking her much on occasions.

I'm an apple shape from a family of slim things, although my mum's family live in the north east and do have weight problems. My youngest is a skinny thing like her dad whereas the other 2 are apples like me. My son is very active but has a big tum like me.

If I lived nearer you then I'd be on your doorstep dragging you out with me for a walk or windowshop or just for a coffee and chat. I'm shy with new people but very sociable when I'm with people I know. You sound adorable and the sort of person I'd enjoy spending time with. I find if I keep occupied then I'm less lightly to be tempted to break this diet!!!

Take care hun.

x

Thanks again for all the nice compliments, I have a friend also who is on LT but she unfotunately keeps cheating, wasting her money I think, she lost 16 lb in the 1st 2 weeks and then started binging and has now put 8lb on already. She started frsh with my last week so hope she can do it with me, if not i'm in it on my own, my Mum has been a great support, my Dad thinks I should be eatting, even told me when we came to visit, "its ok Sam you need to eat, we can have salad and potatoes"... yea thanks mate, fill me with carbs haha his hearts in the right place but i need support, which is prob how i've got so addicted to this site.
My best friend is a big support too but unfortunately she lives in Germany. Her husband is in the army. We talk everyday though and do webcams ect on msn, she reckons i'm losing weight from my face so all is good :)
Of course you love your Mum you just don't have to agree with some of her ways hehe, your Mum sounds like she def had it hard though, but by sounds of you she def has 1 lovely daughter :)
Shame you don't live here or vise versa would def have met up for a " black coffe or black tea, or maybe cup of water" haha remember LT my darling haha but hell yeah to the shopping, picking out all the new skinnier clothes for me haha and you of course.
Undertsand what you mean about tums. Thats where most of my weight goes, I HATE IT, but this diet it's coming off my tummy and face first which is great, just hope i find it easier to stick to and don't fall off the wagon. Don't think I will though, because i won't let myself xxxxx

Hi sammy!
Im Leanne , i am 25 married to rob we are just about to start week 3 .
i have ALOT of weight to lose , rob has got a few stones to lose - he just doing it to keep me company really but is doing really well, i am a minimins and facebook addict always on both ....well when im not at work.
You will get all the support u need here everyone is fantastic!!

Lea xx

Leanne, you have done so well so far. 19lbs is an awesome loss. You are lucky to have your OH doing it as well so you can support each other. I can think of a good way for you to both get distracted from temptation and use up calories at the same time!!!! Lol!!!

Sammie, I've lost weight in my face as well - now the reflection in the mirror is not so scary!!!! Lol!!! Alas the weight round my waist is more stubborn and doesn't seem to have moved at all!!! I have lost from my bust but I'm not if I'm happy about it or not!!! lol!!

Funnily enough my friend who is still on LT has also been cheating. I think it's mad that she hasn't got much money but wastes what she has by not sticking to it! I'm blowed if I'm going to spend £36 a week and then cheat!!!!

It has been really nice meeting you, maybe one day we'll meet in person - although by then there'll be a lot less of us!!!!

x

Hi Sammie, can i just say, well done on your diet choice!
My name is Tara, 33 (living in sin) with 3 children, boy aged 16, girl aged 7 and my ickle baby who is 2 today, bless him!!!:D I originally went to the doctors for help with my weight (mother was hinting) he said I was not heavy enough for surgery $%+* How fat does one have to be???? As I went to leave I got stuck in the chair:eek:, well my butt did:eek:, so that was my turning point, a friend had just started Cambridge Diet and lost loads in 2 weeks, but the base was too far for me, so i did LT as it was in a chemist in my town, and thats me, I love it and wish i had done it years ago, this week alone 2 of my friends walked straight past me, as i have changed so much:D Love it!!!
T x

That's great Tara (that 2 friends didn't recognise you, not that you got stuck in the docs chair!)

You are doing really well. You're weekly losses are consistantly good, you've never had weeks like my last 2! May it long continue till you hit your target.

x

That's great Tara (that 2 friends didn't recognise you, not that you got stuck in the docs chair!)

You are doing really well. You're weekly losses are consistantly good, you've never had weeks like my last 2! May it long continue till you hit your target.

x
Awww thanks, like i have said before, if i lost 2lbs in a week on any other diet i would have got slimmer of the week!!! So its a loss, if you lost 2lbs a week for a year, thats nearly 7 1/2 stone in a year WOW. You go girl!
T x

Oh, and I've not been to the docs since, can't wait to strutt in there!!!!!!
T x

Hey Leanne great to meet, i got lots to lose to and im a big facebook fan too, ull have to add me sometime hehe I am on day 6, well finishing day 6 now and so proud and well done to both of you, glad you have eachother for support. I am 23 and married to my husband Lee and we live in Doncaster. Look forward to speaking to u again xx

Hehe I Fairy, I bet you don't look scary at all never did, you should put a picture of yourself up on your profile. Love to see who i'm talking to :)
Can't wait till I start seeing some results myself. Today has been my hardest day I found myself watching my husband eatting his dinner, had to leave the room NOT GOOD, but i'm staying strong.
You pay £36 a week for LT do you? strange i'm paying £30 thought it would all be the same price from the chemist. Where is it you live again? Oh and we've been talking alday and I haven't even asked what you name is haha.
I've had a nice break tonight, my Dad has driven down from Darlington to take my daughter for a long weekend becos he's missing her, so me and Lee have a nice few days alone.........oooooooo now how to lose some extra pounds I wounder????? haha

WOW MONSOON can I say what an inspiration you must be to alot of people on this site, your before and after photos are amazing you must be so proud of yourself, I hope when you strutt your stuff into thats doctors you turn your nose up at him. I lvoe how doctors are always on your back to lose weight but won't actually help the way you need it. What's the world like. Thanks very much for the support I think in myself this is def the diet for me and as a big girl ive always been crap at diets but this one, i'm so proud, and im loving meeting so many lovely people on here.
HAPP BIRTHDAY to your baby and I hope he or she has had a lovely day. My daughter is 3 and full of attitude hehe such a lovely age.

looking forward to speakin again

Some mornings I look in the mirror and scare myself!!!! Lol!!!

I will try and sort some photos out, if the camera didn't malfunction!!!! I must admit I avoid the camera like the plague. I prefer to take the photos rather than the other way round.

I have to say, I did let my son take a photo of me at the weekend but when I checked back the little blighter had only taken a photo of my boobs!!!!!!! Teenage boys!!!!!!

x

Happy Birthday to your little one Tara. They are so lovely at that age.

x

Oh yes, he is an absolute diamond! Cuddly fairy....some b4 & after pics please, I'm so nosey!
Sammie, just seen your wedding pics (i did say i was nosey!!!) wow, you look stunning, wish my b4's were that good!
Off to bed now, night all. (sleeping burns fat:D)

T x

Back