Introducing ~ Big Girl Going Small :)

Wooow hun well done on ur loss i am soo jel lool rite nw tmo is my fourth weigh in and i am dreadin it think its the mst dreaded weigh in yet ? dnt even wna find out js incase havent hit the stone n also got mixed feelings abt me goin out on fri...nt noticed much of a physical difference as yet lol...ima tad disappointed as ima sure the shorter u r the quicker weight on u shows lool....haha hmm mayb js me stubborn body lol....wil keep ploddin along n gna try nt to do too much damage on fri and also going to mke sure i blumin well jump bk on plan the very nx dy...thai weather is vile isnt it im gna freeze lol fri nite haha xxx

oh Tara I feel your pain :( I've made a list on my phone of the things I'm going to eat when I'm at goal, every time I get the craving for something I type it on my phone and it kind of makes me feel better, as if I've eaten it or something. The list is really long now! But actually when I look back at it, most of it on there wouldn't have been worth breaking the diet for and I don't know if I'd even bother having it when at goal

I've woken up feeling miserable this morning, stuffed down a bar that didn't even touch the sides :(

But it will be so worth it this summer if we just keep going...we'll kick ourselves if in August we're still in cardigans sweating buckets cos we didn't carry on now...

NO PAIN NO GAIN *cry*

You're doing great!

Awww Thanks Lou. That's a good idea about the list, I love good list!
I shall try it and see if it helps. I was in the pantry just staring at a box of cherry bakewells. It took all I had to walk away! I need to make sure my lifestyle meal is yummy and somewhat filling, and I NEED to up my water intake! getting really slack with that and prob not even reaching 2ltr anymore. Maybe if I drink loads over the next 4 days i will have a good loss on Monday and that'll spur me on :) xx

Sent from my HTC One SV using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey ladies...just to let you know you've not been alone in the grumps this week....I have been Grumpy McGrumperson most of the week as have quite a few of our fellow S&S cohorts....Clinquant posted something on her thread which really hit home....i'm finding that the dreary cold weather, extra long January (5 week month) and the urge to wanna get done with this diet has made me cranky. Also we would normally comfort ourselves with sugary carby treats during this time and yet we are fighting to change our habits....add some PMT and TOTM and its bound to get testing.

i am forcing myself to be proud of my achievements so far however small to get me through the grumps as its no fun to OH at the very least coming home to the crazy Jekyll & Hyde lady every night lol xx

End of Week 4..... Day 28.

So I carried on after my grumpy self, and then on Saturday morning I had my shake as normal and went out with my man.

Edging nearer to midday, I suggested we go for lunch somewhere.
We ended up at a Harvester if all places!
It was then that I decided to get my 'not so planned break' out of the way.
I had a bowl of salad from the cart with all the trimmings (crispy onion bits, blue cheese, pasta shells and potato salad) then a white roll with butter.
Then we had a mixed grill. surprisingly I only had 2 or 3 chips, but I did have a couple of onion rings.
Jack Daniels sauce and sour cream... lush!
We didn't eat for the rest if the day.

I was undecided as to whether I would carry the break onto the Sunday, but as we'd been invited over to the in-laws to be, for Sunday dinner I thought bugger it. So..... I had butter and marmite on toast for brekkie, then a lovely roast lamb dinner. I only had half a roast potato but again, I know that all the trimmings are just as bad (If not worse!) Then I had some raspberry pavlova.
On the way home I was extra naughty and we stopped off to buy some marshmallow biscuits that I LOVE to have with coffee later.
I polished off about 8 within minutes. Oink Oink!!

So I'm feeling extra fat, bloated, naughty, greedy, hippo-like and obese.
But with that comes an inner determination for the coming weeks.
That splurge has been a long time coming, and now that its out of the way, I'm going to get another month done on this diet and drop another stone :)
Weigh in tomorrow.... I'm considering leaving it til next Monday. I'm not sure i'll like the result!
I have been calculating my diet on My Fitness Pal and I dont think its accurate.
I'm sure I've had a lot of what I'm not supposed to, so I want to start afresh from tomorrow and do this properly.
Also TOTM has me feeling totally Ugh! And heavier than usual.

So into week 5 tomoro, with a fresh head and fiery determination :)

Hey hun aww bless u yh i wudnt stand on the scales lool nt yet cz it may demotivate u or sumthig along them lines tho it may not have done tht much damage....iv made a list too of all the things i am goig to b able to eat again once got to goal lool....ur doin well hun n aww harvester thts one plce i still need to blumin trynt been to tht plce as yet xx

Are u crazy Lou..... It was a very naughty break lol!

Yes C, the season is much brighter now :)

Day 29... Into week 5!!

So after my naughty break and TOTM I didn't want to do this mornings weigh in.
But after my shower I couldn't resist...... And I'm surprised to see I have lost 4lbs!!
I'm now just into the 14st bracket at 14st 13lb now. Well chuffed!!
I know weight may catch up with me over the next couple of days but we shall see.

Straight back into the zone anyway, its like habit now.
Its strangely comforting too! It almost felt alien eating what I wanted over the weekend, and now I'm back in my safety blanket and on S&S again :)

I had my lovely strawberry shake at midday, and my maple bar at 3.
I have a lovely mussel and prawn stir fry for later, then a choc shake when I get home.

I never thought I would say this but I love this diet.
Its made me feel like I am finally succeeding and its enabling me to enjoy the run up to our beautiful wedding day.
I have far more good days than bad, and I feel in control of my life. I must be having a very good Monday!!

Yes Lou! Me too, I started this diet thinking it was a quick fix way to lose the most weight I could before the big day. But now, depending on if I get to goal or not before the end of May, I want to carry on with the maintenance plan as have NO plans to put it all back on after the wedding.

Weigh in tomorrow, Eeeek!

I had a sneaky peek on Saturday morning and I'm pleased with the result.
But I won't hold my breath!

I self sabotaged yesterday..... I wasn't feeling too well in the morning so I started work later than usual.
And by 4pm all I'd had was a banana shake.
So I had my maple bar whilst making food for my clients, and before I knew it I'd scoffed a choc digestive, followed by a mini pack of kids digestives :-/
I thought bugger it, it won't kill me, so as I reckon the ketosis damage was already done, I had two slices of jam on wholemeal bread.

I could not believe the discomfort in my belly after that!!
I was really uncomfortable so I tried to get as much water down me over the next few hours to help flush it through.

After work I picked my hunk up from the pub, who then wanted a kebab.... uh oh. Needless to say I came home with a burger and salad. I didn't eat the bun (I think the toast had put me off!) But I felt really bad about myself.

Moving on though, its Sunday now and I'm not harbouring and negative feeling today, lots of water down me and I plan on a good clean 100% day for me today :)
I find it alot easier to jump back on when I've slipped as the guilt spurs me on.
And as I think of this diet as a body cleanse, as soon as I've put junk in it, I want to do the best I can to get back on track and make my insides shine again, lol!!

Scale update tomorrow......

Sooooo 3lb off this week, and onto week 6!
Like I've said before, its now becoming a way of life so it gets a lot easier week after week.

Of course I still slip and have urges to scoff all that's bad!
But the main thing is that 99% of the time I'm 100% (that sounds a bit contradicting haha)

And I'm losing losing losing :)

I tried my fave playsuit on yesterday that I could no longer wear as the waist button kept popping off (in fairness I had to breath in to get it in as it was!) :-/
And now its loose! and I dont think I could even wear it now as its not slimming, just baggy.
Sad but incredible!

Can't wear any of my jeans anymore unless I plan on showing my knickers all day, which are also now baggy!
I live in my expensive leggings and long tops, and boots (that are now loosening around my leg!!)

I've lost my shopaholic urges too, as I dunno what to buy as it won't fit for long.
So its all housewares in my trolley!

I've worked out that I may keep going up until the weekend of my first hen do (weekend away) which is May 9th, then back on it for Mon-Fri, then off again for my local hen do on the 17th.
Then back on until the week of the wedding which is from mon 26th may.

I have my dress fitting on 26th April, so I was wondering whether I should start maintaining from then, incase I end up losing another stone before the wedding (which I doubt, with at least 5 days off for the hen dos!) Or whether I should ask the seamstress to take it in a bit more at the fitting..... but then I'm at risk of having a tight dress if I dont end up losing much :-/

Oh dear! decisions decisions.

Anyhoo, onto week 6 and feeling very excited, determined, anxious and impatient!!!

Loving life xxx

Just caught up with your diary and we are in a similar boat.....I am on week 5 with my wedding scheduled for end of August....the dress thing is stressing me out too!!

Congratulations on your losses....nothing like the big day to spur you on xx

Congrats with ur loss hun yaaaay i feel u with the tum discomfort im feelin it tdai aftwr ydays planned day off n dint even eat as much as used to...bk to basics frm tdai nw ill b doin sixth weigh. In nx sunday as too scared to check n see haha xx aww dress fittin on me bday hehe sweet xx

Sweet of u to ask Clinq, its going ok.
I had a blip on Sunday night and only lost 1lb last week.
It made me realise I need to get back on track, I've been trying to find ways to have this and that because 'i know its allowed on Atkins!' So I need to sort myself out and stick to the S&S rules because they work!!
I struggle with the water intake, and I'm lost for inspiration with my low carb meals.
I'm back on it, but not yet in ketosis so I'm really struggling and want to eat the world :(

Ditto. Only really managed to get back 100% today after loads of faffing since my planned meal out on Saturday so I feel your pain. It was so tough and I don't think I'll be taking any more breaks till I'm a lot further along.

I just had to really get boring and obsessive again to find my mojo but think I'm back in ketosis as I feel human again today.

Back