Introducing ~ Big Girl Going Small :)

Sooo, Day god knows what (49?) and into week 8.

I came off plan on Friday night, with the idea that I need to have a weekend off plan to remind me of why I'm doing this.

I was beginning to get bored and lose incentive as it just becomes a way of life after a few weeks.

I was taking the mick by having a few nuts here, a dollop of mayo there, and I dont want to be like that!!
I want to be fiercely determined like I was at the start.

And my god, I think that time has come again.
Monday morning restart weigh in = gained 2lb, I am now 14st 11.
I have felt bloated, sluggish, headachey, cramps, and generally low.
I have done nothing but think about S&S, and whilst the food tasted yummy initially, I was still making bad food choices and eating far more than I needed.
This isn't what I want.
I want to change my HEAD also.

So I bought The Beck Diet Solution book from Amazon and I look forward to retraining my brain to think like a healthy slim person.

The results of this diet will only last for as long as ur HEAD is healthy.... 7 weeks on this diet and I still shovel down the bad stuff like its ok.

NO!!!

So I look forward to cleansing mind body and soul, and get to the root of my bad relationship with food.

I may have a few simplicity days this week. I really feel I need to flush my body through, so i may have green tea, plenty of water, and no food at all.
Lifestyle really helps me stay in track but in a dramatic way I feel like I have spent the weekend self harming! Half of it I didn't even want, yet had it because I was 'on a break'. Disgusting.

I'm trying my wedding dress on this evening. It was measured for me 2 stone ago so it won't fit like a glove, but it won't look like I've squeezed into a 10 either!!

I hope to report back with a good loss next Monday.

Xxx

Sent from my HTC One SV using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done on doing something about it.....you have tackled this very well by seeing the problem, addressing it...drawing a line under it and getting back on the wagon as your goal is clearly something you want...go you!!!

Also, that's an amazing achievement losing 2 stone since your dress fitting.....it will probably fall off you!!! That has just spurred me on as i have booked to finally go wedding dress shopping in April as i can't put it off any longer as i will need to order my order my dress for delivery around that time and have aimed to have another 2 stone off by then in the hope that i can finally fit into some sample sizes.

what style dress have you gone for?

xx

Hey mrsfeeney, thanks for ur words of encouragement!

I have gone for a beautiful ivory princess style dress, with a full tulle skirt with crystal embellishments around the waistline, a satin sweetheart top half, with crystal shoulder/neckline embellishment.

Its stunning!

I had to squeeze into a bridal size 12 (which as we know is a normal 10!)
But I loved it so much, even then I could see it was the dress for me :)

I had to order it 6 months before to have it made in a bridal size 20 (18) and I was expecting it to come in March, but the shop phoned early this month to say its arrived!

I doubt it will be tooooo big. I've only just thrown out all my old jeans, but I can still get away with wearing a lot of my clothes.

I'm having the alterations done on April 26th, 5 wks before the wedding so hopefully by then I will have lost another 2 1/2 stone so I'm nearer to my 12st goal.
Expensive to have so much taken in, but worth it to be a size 12-14 bride!!!
How are u getting on with everything?
What style dress do u think you'll go for?

Hey mrsfeeney, thanks for ur words of encouragement!

I have gone for a beautiful ivory princess style dress, with a full tulle skirt with crystal embellishments around the waistline, a satin sweetheart top half, with crystal shoulder/neckline embellishment.

Its stunning!

I had to squeeze into a bridal size 12 (which as we know is a normal 10!)
But I loved it so much, even then I could see it was the dress for me :)

I had to order it 6 months before to have it made in a bridal size 20 (18) and I was expecting it to come in March, but the shop phoned early this month to say its arrived!

I doubt it will be tooooo big. I've only just thrown out all my old jeans, but I can still get away with wearing a lot of my clothes.

I'm having the alterations done on April 26th, 5 wks before the wedding so hopefully by then I will have lost another 2 1/2 stone so I'm nearer to my 12st goal.
Expensive to have so much taken in, but worth it to be a size 12-14 bride!!!
How are u getting on with everything?
What style dress do u think you'll go for?

sounds lovely! You will be the fabulous bride indeed!:D

i too am considering just going for the larger size and fixing it to my body shape....I'm aiming for an ivory trumpet/mermaid style in lace as I am getting married in Thailand so will be warm and trying to keep the dress small and light. My hips and boobs would suit this dress style normally being an hourglass figure but alas its currently all too big for it to look flattering...lol.

overall I am doing ok with the diet since restarting despite all the random social affairs that appeared in my life....clearly I really want this dress to fit for the big day....I tend to wobble on a diet from around the 6 week mark onwards so now onwards will be testing....I have booked in to go dress shopping with my bridesmaids on 26th April so fingers crossed I can actually try some on and here's to another 2 stone off by then too....

Syill have a zillion bits to do for the big day and I drive OH mad with my spreadsheets haha!

how about you? mostly sorted? Xx

keep reading the posts to help spur you on.

Sounds just like the dress I imagined I'd have!!
I wanted to look glam and sexy, I too have boobs and hips and a smaller waist, so mermaid looks fab on our shape :)
Excited for u!

Sadly, in reality the mermaid style wasn't that flattering on me :(
But when I tried my princess dress on, I just melted!
I felt so feminine and with all the crystals its still glam.

What an amazing wedding destination, Thailand!!! Have u been there before? Lots of my friends have travelled there and adored it. Lucky u!!

We have pretty much everything done, Just over 3 months to go, and we've just got the bridesmaid dresses, phew!

There are still a few bits we need to organise/make/choose etc, but I think its going smoothly.

This diet plan was going wonderfully and enabled me to concentrate on the big day, knowing the weight loss was under control!

So I look forward to getting back in track and melting some more fat :)
Xx

Sounds just like the dress I imagined I'd have!!
I wanted to look glam and sexy, I too have boobs and hips and a smaller waist, so mermaid looks fab on our shape :)
Excited for u!

Sadly, in reality the mermaid style wasn't that flattering on me :(
But when I tried my princess dress on, I just melted!
I felt so feminine and with all the crystals its still glam.

What an amazing wedding destination, Thailand!!! Have u been there before? Lots of my friends have travelled there and adored it. Lucky u!!

We have pretty much everything done, Just over 3 months to go, and we've just got the bridesmaid dresses, phew!

There are still a few bits we need to organise/make/choose etc, but I think its going smoothly.

This diet plan was going wonderfully and enabled me to concentrate on the big day, knowing the weight loss was under control!

So I look forward to getting back in track and melting some more fat :)
Xx

Everyone keeps saying theres a high chance i will be swayed by another dress entirely.....makes me nervous thinking about it haha! i have now welcomed the idea of trying on other styles just in case though....you never as they say.

Thailand is where we went on our first holiday together...although i have been a few times without OH....it is amazing and i still pinch myself when i think that we actually secured our dream wedding venue too....so excited!

Sounds like your wedding planning has been a breeze...i got my bridesmaids dress last June in a sale....just hope myself and the girls still like them when the big day arrives though.....

sounds like you've had success with this diet also along the way....deffo helps not to have too much stress whilst wedding planning i find.....we should deffo be enjoying the planning and run up....i reckon you will do fab now its getting closer.....xx

Hi Tara, 2lbs after a weekend off ain't too shabby :)

Welcome back onto the wagon :)

Let us know how you find the Beck solution as I keep nearly buying it but never sure if it's any good

Wedding dress sounds gorgeous!

xxx

Thanks Lou!
Hopefully there won't be any more weight gain catching up with me later on :-/

Mrsfeeney, be prepared to go for a style u never imagined..... Lots of my friends advised me of the same.
And there's no harm in it, just enjoy the whole experience and try on as many as u can!

Its lovely that Thailand means something to u both.
We did think about marrying in Greece, as one year on holiday there we got lost on a walk and ended up in a really old Greek fishing harbour (which my OH loved) and there was the most gorgeous little white chapel in the middle of nowhere by the sea!

We decided against it and chose the big family wedding at home, but I'd love to go back there one day :)

So I tried my dress on last night! BEAUTIFUL......
There is already a handful of fabric at the back that needs taking in, and the crystally neckline needs to be pulled tighter so that it lies flat on my chest, but all in all I'm soooo happy!!

So day 2 of restart and I'm going for it!
I have a new photo of me in my new dress on my phone, so I can look at it and imagine how I want to look on the day whenever I feel like cheating.
Whoop whoop!!

Hey hun welcome bk on the wagon hun uv still had a decent loss while being off plan...aww final fittin will b on me bday hehe ima sure u will have lost loqds more by then hun ur on a roll :) n aww thts well gd tht u fit itno ur playsuit baggy n baggy jeans ima soo jel ima still waitin for tht moment to bludy hit me lmaoo done six weigh ins prbz even more coz i delayed the sixth weigh as much as possible til i cudnt reli wait be longer lool n still dint get to wher i wnted to b lamoo so still stayin on it lol..ur doin amazing hun as alwys woopw oop n ur dress sounds luvly :) u wil beaut n amazin on ur weddin day :) mwaahz

Keep those dress pics in mind.. I spent my wedding day feeling huge and self conscious. I remember asking people on the way to the chapel whether I looked fat, of course they said no, but I was. I even got hubby to digitally alter some of our pics (how sad is that).

Just keep thinking about your day and you'll get there in no time! x

Aww thanks pripri, u little cutie! Hope ur on track? X

Thank u onlywayisdown.
I am sooooo glad I started this when I did!
losing 2 stone and then seeing myself in the dress again has enabled me to see how much more beautiful it looks, and will look when I lose a bit more.
Although if I got married tomorrow I would be so proud of my weight loss so far, and I dont look too bad in the dress ;) I always said I'd love to be a size 16 bride, which I am now (well, 16-18) but it looks like I could be a 14 if I keep on track. Fantastic for hen do & honeymoon!!

Work colleague commented on my body this morning. He said I was shrinking so much! It feels great when people notice.
I treated myself to some new jeans that are very slim fitting, so as I'm not in my baggy ones anymore I think its a shock to see what I have lost.
I feel sexier than ever!! Looking forward to weigh in on Monday.
I hope to have lost the 2lb i put on and more.
I may even get to 14st 7!!!

Fingers crossed

Woop woop on feelin sxc hun thts the spirit uv done so welll absolutely fantastic omg cnt wait til this week is over....ur beautiful too so gna b glowin bride on wedding day :) xx

Monday weigh in.... A whopping 6lb loss!!!
Over the moon, I haven't had a loss like that since week 1!
Fantastic news for a Monday morning :)
I've bought a smaller water bottle to carry around so that I get my 3ltrs down me.
If I just make sure I have a litre in the mornin, afternoon and early evening I should be great.
And I would love to start doing water aerobics or something fun.
My bingo wings are looking far too jiggly in my opinion, so I want smoother more toned arms.
Waheyyyy!!!!!

Hi Tara27!

I'm 5ft 8 and 16stone 9 (near where you were in the beginning) and I want to get down to around 10 1/2 stone ideally (I have serious back problems and the ortho recommends I maintain a BMI of 23 if possible). So yeah, been reading your diary with interest and am subscribing.

I start on Wednesday (I expect my months supply tol arrive tomorrow so will start the morning after). I'm doing the simplicity plan to begin with because, honestly, I'm a massive foody and if I start cooking to eat, I will slowly sneak in tasty things and derail the whole plan. My sense of portion size is completely screwed so i'm hoping this plan will help me reset that. I am expected to be absolutely bloody starving the first 4 days !

Wooop woop well done congrats on ur losss hun thats fantastic :) read it on fb :) luved it hehe yaaaay im hopin for a woosh tooo after three planned days offf :)....awww soo happy for uu hehe ur on a rolll xx

Back