Introducing the new Pro-points plan: *UPDATED TO THE CHANGES IN 2011!*

So, it looks like not even all the class leaders agree whether you must eat all your points or not? I think the common ground is you can no longer carry any over. So, if you only eat 20 points one day, it doesn't mean you can eat the 9 leftover points another time.

Well they obviously can't seriously make a rule that you must always eat 29 points minimum, because we all have days we're unwell, where we have to fast for a medical procedure, or when we're upset about something and lose our appetite. Or just plain are too busy to eat. So if anyone tries so say you have "failed" to stick to the plan by not eating 29 points that has to be nonsense. Especially from an organisation that has just in the last few days made some changes in favour of "real life" eating.

I think what is probably closer to the truth is that we're not meant to *try* to eat fewer than the daily points, thinking that is the way to be even more successful. If a WW'er has an appetite, they should not try deliberately to stop short of their allowance, as it won't give them any extra benefit in the long term.

So, it looks like not even all the class leaders agree whether you must eat all your points or not? I think the common ground is you can no longer carry any over. So, if you only eat 20 points one day, it doesn't mean you can eat the 9 leftover points another time.

Well they obviously can't seriously make a rule that you must always eat 29 points minimum, because we all have days we're unwell, where we have to fast for a medical procedure, or when we're upset about something and lose our appetite. Or just plain are too busy to eat. So if anyone tries so say you have "failed" to stick to the plan by not eating 29 points that has to be nonsense. Especially from an organisation that has just in the last few days made some changes in favour of "real life" eating.

I think what is probably closer to the truth is that we're not meant to *try* to eat fewer than the daily points, thinking that is the way to be even more successful. If a WW'er has an appetite, they should not try deliberately to stop short of their allowance, as it won't give them any extra benefit in the long term.

Well said :)

Putting aside all other aspects of the debate (revelant as they of course are!) my query is what the official WW line is. I got the impression from these posts that WW is saying you MUST eat all your points, but I can't see this anywhere in my file nor has my leader said it? I guess I'll do what I feel is working for me anywhere but I always like to know what the official line actually is :)

There is no official rule from WW saying you have to eat them all Crooked Smile - hence my side of the argument xx

This is one of those topics that pops up in my meeting - there are a few people who choose to live below their Points target so they get to goal faster, and those (like me) who eat every Point that's on the table and wear black with a little veiled hat every time their Points drop.

AFAIK, you are supposed to eat at least to your target level according to the "party line", but that is not always feasible, and not worth self-flagellation. I will have to keep on reminding myself that I don't have 29 "normal Points" to spend. Otherwise, it'll be like the old joke: A blonde walks into the local pizzeria and orders a small all-dressed pizza. The pizza dude asks, "Would you like that cut into 6 or 8 pieces?" to which the blonde responds, "Oh, 6 please. I could never eat 8 pieces!"

A blonde walks into the local pizzeria and orders a small all-dressed pizza. The pizza dude asks, "Would you like that cut into 6 or 8 pieces?" to which the blonde responds, "Oh, 6 please. I could never eat 8 pieces!"

Oh that is just brilliant, I like that !! :D made me laugh

Maybe it would be worth someone emailing WW direct and asking for a definitive answer if different leaders are saying different things

Maybe it would be worth someone emailing WW direct and asking for a definitive answer if different leaders are saying different things

I would but after my angry email to them this afternoon they might not be too inclined to help me out hehe :p

The ridiculous discrepancies in the points values they are providing. for example, in the pocket guide in the file we get in the meeting, it says a main course of prawn biryani is 14 points, in the eating out guide the same dish is listed as 29 points. there are a number of other discrepancies. I called customer services and was fobbed off with "we are aware, use your calculator" which is no use for eating out! so i vented in an email :p it's in the propoints queries subsection in the thread about indian points if you care to read my rage hehe x

i was told 'if you dont use them, you lose them'. She also said we didnt have to eat all our points if we were satisfied.

Yep, I like that saying 'if you dont use them, you lose them'

And totally, dont eat if you dont want to, isnt that how we all got where we started in the first place? lol

Nicely put - what i have been trying to say for the last 2 days in fact!! Hehe xx

lol bless, but yeah even though I do tend to eat all my PP (even though today was my first day) its not because I forced myself to it was because well, I just used them because I need to :) All is good looking forward to first weigh in now

i was told 'if you dont use them, you lose them'. She also said we didnt have to eat all our points if we were satisfied.
This is what is says on the getting started section of WW Online.

Your ProPoints allowance can only be used for the day in question and any unused ProPoints values cannot be rolled over into the next day. If you don’t use them, you lose them

I can't see anywhere so far saying that you HAVE to use them all.

I mean if I've had 27 points, I'm not going to eat 2 more just for the sake of it if I don't want anything else, once I start snacking I don't stop.

Well today I had (or have had so far)

Banana before food shopping

then

60grams of pasta
0point tomato sauce
10grams cheese

2 pieces of bacon,
some mushrooms
beans
1 cal spray

I still have over 16 points left. If my dinner is only say 12 points unless I'm hungry I'm certainly not going to force myself to eat anymore just to use my points..

. I mean if I've had 27 points, I'm not going to eat 2 more just for the sake of it if I don't want anything else, once I start snacking I don't stop.

Yeh definitely - you think "ooh 2 points, what can i have?! A WW cake bar! Yum! Actually thats really nice - i could have another one, one more wont hurt!" and that's the start of a downward spiral!

WW is trying to teach us to stop eating when we are satisfied which i think is a brilliant rule for people who are trying to lose weight but are used to just eating for eating's sake :) x

Well today I had (or have had so far)

Banana before food shopping

then

60grams of pasta
0point tomato sauce
10grams cheese

2 pieces of bacon,
some mushrooms
beans
1 cal spray

I still have over 16 points left. If my dinner is only say 12 points unless I'm hungry I'm certainly not going to force myself to eat anymore just to use my points..

My sentiments exactly! I have got 4 points left for tonight... i MIGHT treat myself to a glass of wine later but we'll see! x

lol bless, but yeah even though I do tend to eat all my PP (even though today was my first day) its not because I forced myself to it was because well, I just used them because I need to :) All is good looking forward to first weigh in now

That's exactly it though isnt it - use them if you need to, if you are unsatisfied without them, but its fine to not polish them off at the end of the day if you have one or two left :p

Good luck with WI by the way! I'm quite excited for mine on Weds! Although im not eating anything differently, have just re-pointed all my usual meals so im wondering what the outcome will be. It does mean i dont have to cut back if i feel like i have had a few extra on one or two days cos of the glorious slush fund! I've got about 31pp left in that and im probably not guna use them all this week cos i wont have the opportunity - unless i REALLY pig out one night this week! So it will be interesting to see how all of that effects my weight loss! I would love like a 4lb boost or something cos i tend to just steadily lose it by 1-2 lbs a week so its a very slow process!

And now i am just babling on to myself so i will shut up! Lol! :p

Last edited:
as I said, if your leader has told you you can eat less than your points by all means do it. However, I tried do it on the first week and I haven't lost anything. But it might be just me!

This week I will log my weight-in of Thursday morning because I'm on holiday for 4 days in Italy at home and I'm having trials for my wedding recetion every day... so on Tuesday when I'll step on the scales I don't expect a pretty sight :( but I had lost 1 lb up to Thursday!

Back