Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

Thank you for sharing the documentaries Ruth. I've seen the first one a few years ago, it's very interesting. My mom and brothers are the naturally skinny people. I wasn't fat growing up, I was actually skinny, but compared to those three I always felt fat.

I look forward to having a look at those - thanks for the links :) x

Well done, Molly for staying the same weight. It just seems so effortless for you. I am looking forward to the days when I too can be a maintainer. :)

All this talk of oatcakes reminded me of my pregnancy. I used to keep a couple of Nairns oatcakes next to my bedside to have as midnight snacks to stop the nausea. I haven't touched them since :D

I found some Nairns Oakcakes in the end, in a bigger supermarket. They're nice with philly on them, but I can't figure what else you'd have on them?

Well done on getting some oatcakes. They may also do the nairns range of biscuits which is a useful standby as a sweet treat. Try the plain oatcakes with some chopped onion and egg or smoked salmon or chopped tomato and beetroot or a tsp of peanut butter etc.

The contents of any sandwich can be served on a plate with two or three oatcakes on the side.

Ohhh sounds so delicious Molly! I want some Nairns here too!

Yep crunchy peanut butter on oatcakes are delish! :)

I also like them with a little splodge of hummus. But then I like most things with a little splodge of hummus! :D

Splodge or scraping of hummus is great! Honestly one of these days I will wake up and look at the mirror and see a chickpea :D

you can't just have a little splodge or scraping of hummous, its got to be a big dollop :drool:

I love hummous as a Mayo substitute with salad. Yum!!

Mmmmm Hummus. I can't even get myself to eat mayo now, after LCHF, I don't even want to look at mayo.

Ashie if you become a chickpea, we'll have to make you into hummus :)

I've always thought mayo was one of the most disgusting foods in existance (along with it's friend coleslaw)- and they sneak it onto so many sandwiches - yuk! I'm up for starting a petition to turn all the mayo into the world into hummus if anyone's with me?

Yep, I'll join the Mayo to hummous fight!!!
I'll admit to having been a big Mayo fan but now just see grease when I see it. I make a big effort now to avoid anything with hydrogenated fats in it. I think the low fat versions of it and all such dressings ate worse because of all the hidden sugars to make them low fat!! Coleslaw seems to be the main ingedient many restaurants will include when you ask for salad. A great big dollop too. Hummous is an excellent healthy alternative and a little of it is all you need. Plain old balsamic vinegar and black pepper and a few fresh herbs will pep up any salad.

The other day my OH put mayo in salad, and wanted me to taste it. So I took a small taste and it was like pure yuck:yuk:.

Hup hup the chickpea revolution! (the mental image of us all facing a chickpea in the mirror in the morning makes me giggle every time!)

Hup hup the chickpea revolution! (the mental image of us all facing a chickpea in the mirror in the morning makes me giggle every time!)

But wouldn't that make us cannibals!?!:confused:

I've never had red lentils hummus. How do you make it? Is it as good as normal hummus? Mmmmm hummus!

Back