Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

ooooooo ta **runs off to have a look** x

kered said:
I bet that first glass of alcohol was lovely after your abstinence Molly. Enjoy the festivities xx

Yes Mary, it really really was nice. Though this week I don't intend to drink till the weekend. Just my attempt at limiting the damage lol!!

Food today
B porridge and 500 mls water
L: ham sandwich and coffee. A teeny piece of apple tart
D: spicy bean stew, two mince pies and tablespoon custard
S: carman's bar. 6 choccie biscuits. Some smarties!

Not the worst day but could have done without the smarties and a few of the biscuits!!!

Made up holly and ivy wreaths and table decorations today. They all turned out lovely too!

Food sounds good Molly. You're doing really well, especially for this time of the year. Keep up the good work!

Yep Clarri, it is tough to avoid overeating at the minute. If we can limit damage and then just begin afresh in January we will still be winning the battle!

Food today was a bit carb rich!
B: two slices wm spelt bread with raspberry jam.
L: cappuccino and bagel with 35g Philly
d: roast beef, gravy, broccoli and just five chips. Apple mincemeat tart with tablespoon custard.
Snacks: 5 small biscuits from a tin.
Might have a few drinks later!!

Enjoy and have one for me Molly - I'm in work later ;) x

Food looks good Molly.

Well I had a few g&ts last night and then had to have a few crackers and cheese!!!
Today
B: two slices spelt bread and raspberry jam and coffee
L: ham and cheese pannini with tea
D: 90g smoked salmon
Snacks: 8 cadbury roses; 100 mls custard with a small piece of apple mincemeat tart.

Edit:: had another 8 roses!!!!!

Last edited:
A thought about Christmas excess! Last year over the Christmas period of about four weeks I gained about 9 pounds!!! I did not have to pig out to get that gain either!! Just some chocolate here, cake and pudding there, too much alcohol and portions of even the healthy foods getting just too big equalled a 9lb gain.
I quickly got back to good low GL choices and knocked the gain off over the following month.
If you are in maintenance mode then such a gain is not too bad, as you get a gain but, you work quickly to pull it back and thus avoid the yo yo cycle of looking for yet another quick loss/miracle diet.
If you are in weight loss mode, such a gain and subsequent effort over the next weeks effectively stalls your diet by that number of weeks.
What I'm rambling on about is that it all comes down to choice!
We may choose to stall our diet by two, four, six weeks etc!
We may choose to gain after a period of reasonable maintenance.
We may choose to loose control completely!
We may choose to limit the damage by making some good choices!
We may choose, if in diet mode, to not indulge in anything that will cause a gain!

So we all can choose what suits ourselves and then just get on with it. I will do much as I did last year. I only have to look at food and it will show on the scales, so I will make as good choices as I can and have a little naughty stuff here and there and deal with the gain come early Jan 2012!
Whatever choice you make, be happy and enjoy!

Oh god Molly. My scales this morning tell me that I am like you. Only have to smell the indulgent stuff and lbs go on. I suppose in reality I'm aiming for maybe a 3-4lb gain. Yup, as you say it will put me back a few weeks but tbh the more pressure I'm putting on myself the more I'm compelled to eat. Today I'm having a minimalistic day. Smaller portions on every thing I have. Ive just got to remember that before I dive into whatever.
Sensible words there Molly!!! Xx

Sent from my Xperia!!! excuse predictive spelling gone wrong!!

haha I'm the same, i've just got to look at a galaxy bar and i might as well stick the lbs to my belly or a$$!!!

Good reasoning though Molly, lets see if I still feel its good reasoning when I see a gain and am annoyed :giggle:

Yesterday, I definitely had way too much bad food! It really is awful how, once you start eating high GL processed foods, you experience such sugar highs and lows.
Sugar rushing foods for me yesterday included;
5 chocolates,
Christmas pudding with custard
4?Rocky road bars ( homemade gooey chocolates)
About 150 mls baileys

Today I will try to cleanse my system and have a better couple of days at least!

Oh Noooo Molly .. not you too!!! It MUST be a bad time ;) xx

Back