Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

irish molly said:
Thanks Plum. Yep, I've been down the supplements route, glucosamine, chondritin, fish oils etc. I have disk problems as well as muscular problems.
Hope you are feeling better.

Ahh. I don't want to be one of *those* people but... ;) have you tried krill oil? I've found it much better than the other fish oils at helping inflammation. Also, magnesium oil (which you rub on your skin - it's not really an oil) is very good for back pain/spasm. My stepdad uses it to great effect. :) I'll stop being one of *those* people now and just say I hope they'll find a way to help you soon! Take care, hugs!

Plum, thank you so much!! I've had the krill oil but no improvement with it. Where do I get the magnesium oil?

irish molly said:
Plum, thank you so much!! I've had the krill oil but no improvement with it. Where do I get the magnesium oil?

Hi Molly, how much krill oil did you try? I have read that people with back pain take higher doses than the one a day recommended for the omega benefits.

For the magnesium oil, I'd suggest buying a small bottle online to try unless you have a good healthfood shop that stocks it - it's not common. If it works well for you (some people have an initial skin reaction to it but it passes) then it's worth buying the ingredients to mix it yourself as this is cheaper! If you're ever interested in this let me know and I'll get the instructions and supplier from my mom.

(if you can't find a good shop to buy the oil let me know and I'll ask her!)

I was taking four capsules a day. I know a friend of mine has been taking it for arthritis in her knee and has greatly improved.
I'll look up the magnesium oil.
Thanks Plum. Xx

Ahh sounds like you did all you could with the krill oil! The magnesium helps your muscles relax and is more effective when applied to the skin instead of tablets, so I really hope it may do you some good. :)

Awww poor you Molly ((hugs)). You sound like you are keeping strong though and not letting your pain get you down, what a great attitude you have! You're so sensible about the comfort eating and well done for staying on top of it. I hope you find some relief soon xx

Hi Molly, sorry to read you are still in a lot of pain. Hopefully you can get the magnesium oil and this helps.
You are doing fantastic food wise considering, keep up the great work xx

Thanks sweetie. Up and down with good and bad pain days. Hope you are doing o.k?

irish molly said:
Thanks sweetie. Up and down with good and bad pain days. Hope you are doing o.k?

Ah, glad you're having some good days but wish the bad would be fewer for you! I'm keeping on keeping on at the moment!

Hi all, I'm still on meds etc and am a little bloated. Not dwelling on it.
With Christmas not far off I intend to be very strict with food intake over the next four weeks. I want to have a few pounds in hand so as to limit the gains over the holiday season!!!
So, for the next four weeks:
No alcohol
Low and medium GL foods
No processed foods
Keen eye on portions
Increase water: min 2 litres a day.
Hope I can stay focussed!

Sounds like you're a lady with a plan! Good idea to have a few extra pounds to play with over Christmas, you've got a clear idea of what you want to achieve and I'm sure with your determination you will! :D

Saying it and doing it are two different things!!! At least putting it out there makes me take notice of myself!!

I'm sure you'll be able to do it Molly:)

Food today was:
B: 40 g porridge made with water. Added 15g mixed seeds . 500mls water
L: two pears chopped with 50 g chopped walnuts and tablespoon of Greek yoghurt
D: I was out and had breast of chicken in tomato, peanut and coconut sauce with basmati rice. I eat all the chicken and sauce and a dessert spoon of rice. Two coffees and 500 mls water.
Snack: Nakd berry bar 30g

So that's not a bad day.

Food sounds good Molly! You're going to kick some low GL booty :)

Clarri, the pears were just what I fancied. They were two good sized pears and i chopped them finely. The nuts, yog added protein and fat. They filled a breakfast bowl, so it was lovely !

Today, I was out all day. Friend cooked lynch etc so I did my best!
B: porridge
Lunch: tomato lentil soup with homemade oat bread
Dinner: breaded chicken breast with salad and baked potato, mayo, coleslaw
Snacks: three Jacobs choc tea cakes
Apple, celery with Greek yog and lemon juice
So overall, a few too many high Gi choices but I could have done worse.

???? SHOCK!! No alcohol for 4 weeks?????? Good on ya gal .... I couldn't do it ;) xx

Of course I jest .... I could if I REALLY wanted to ... have done on TFR ... but the thought of it is sooo disturbing! ;) ... LOL! What am I like?! You'll do great Molly :) xx

Back