IrishMum on 2wk refeed!...

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Day 1- Shake, Shake, Chicken Breast baked in chilli flakes & black pepper chopped and mixed with iceberg lettuce, a tomato, onion, cucumber and some beansprouts.

Day 2- Shake, Shake, White fish baked with dill & black pepper, cauliflower & broccoli.

Day 3- Shake, Chicken salad as day 1, Grilled tuna steak (sprinkled with dill), courgette & cauliflower.

Day 4- Shake, Chicken salad as above, Mushroom omelette (2 eggs & 100g sliced mushrooms)

Day 5- Shake, Chicken salad (I love this as you may have gathered! LOL!), Grilled Tuna steak with dill, Broccoli and 6 new potatoes.

Day 6- Shake, Prawns with 50g l/f yoghurt, lettuce, cucumber, onion & beansprouts. Grilled Salmon, cauliflower, 6 new potatoes.

Day 7- Shake, Chicken breast chopped & mixed with 25g l/f yoghurt, iceberg lettuce, onion, tomato & black pepper on 2 slices of nimble (or similar) wholemeal bread. Grilled Tuna steak, sugar snap peas, broccoli and a small boiled potato.

Day 8- Shake, Chicken breast chopped & mixed with 25g l/f yoghurt, iceberg lettuce, onion, tomato & black pepper on 2 slices of nimble (or similar) wholemeal bread. Grilled Salmon, cauliflower, broccoli and sugar snap peas.

Day 9- Shake, Chicken breast chopped & mixed with 25g l/f yoghurt, iceberg lettuce, onion, tomato & black pepper. Baked White Fish, cauliflower, broccoli and 6 new potatoes.

Day 10- Shake, Small tin of tuna mixed with 25g l/f yoghurt, iceberg lettuce, onion, tomato & black pepper. Grilled Salmon with dill & black pepper, cauliflower, broccoli & courgette.

Day 11- Shake, Prawns, 80g l/f cottage cheese, iceberg lettuce, cucumber, onion, white cabbage. Mushroom Omelette & home-made broccoli soup.

Day 12- Shake, Chicken breast chopped & mixed with 25g l/f yoghurt, iceberg lettuce, onion, tomato & black pepper on 2 slices of nimble (or similar) wholemeal bread. Grilled Salmon with black pepper & dill, 50g l/f yoghurt, 50g each of carrot, sugar snap peas, baby corn, mushrooms.

Day 13- Shake, Chicken breast chopped & mixed with 25g l/f yoghurt, iceberg lettuce, onion, tomato & black pepper. Prawns, 50g l/f yoghurt, 50g each of carrot, sugar snap peas, baby corn, mushrooms, courgette.

Day 14- Shake, Chicken breast chopped & mixed with 25g l/f yoghurt, iceberg lettuce, onion, tomato & black pepper. Mushroom Omelette & home-made broccoli soup.

Then the fun really begins!....:p;)

So thats the plan so far. I know I've played it fairly safe, and I'm not having too many carbs (apart from the veg ones) as I feel they contribute to weight gain/bloating in my case.
I haven't listed 'snacks' as I'm going to try and avoid them if I'm not hungry, and I really don't like fruit or yoghurt. If I can't help it, I'll have a supply of cooked veg & home-made soup, or crispbreads/ryvita (after week one) that I can have a little of to keep me going until the next meal.

O/T- Just back from the Doc's, he's given me 'mefenamic acid' tablets to try and stop the bleeding so I can have my smear on schedule on Monday.
(This belongs to the group of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Mefenamic Acid can be used to relieve mild to moderate pain after operations and in rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile arthritis, and osteoarthritis. It can also be used to treat abnormally heavy menstrual bleeding and period (menstrual) pain.
Mefenamic Acid works by preventing the production of irritant chemicals that cause pain and inflammation in the body.)
He's going to do an internal exam when I have my smear to see if theres any sign of erosion or anything like polyps or fibroids as well. So I'm happy enough. He's not overly concerned, so neither am I anymore!

Last edited:
Menu looks great irish :) Ive just had a jacket potatoe - feel extremly full now but it was divine!!!

First meal tonight then? Looking forward to it?

Glad the doc has given you something to help with totm and i hope it settles for you now you are back on food :) xxx

Thanks Tanya. I just hope it settle my fluctuations tbh? I'm all over the place at the minute!
I'm looking forward to eating, but nervous too. I'm terrified i'll put on even more now I'm eating, but will have to remind myself that it'll be temporary if I do. Feel free to reassure me during my many wobbles (I anticipate many wobbles ahead...LOL!). I wasn't a big carb eater before apart from wheaten bread toasted or cereal for breakfast- amount was an issue I reckon! ;)
I'm not a big bread/pasta/rice lover so will have the odd slice of wholemeal/wheaten for breakfast or lunch, and porridge/weetabix for breakfast, and a few baby potatoes with dinner when I get to that stage and that'll probably be it- unless I'm out for a meal or something, but that'll be very occasionally?

Looks good Irish.......I have a prob with the old carbs too, so understand 100% :)

Re:TOTM...I had acid tabs too,,,,not the ones you were prescribed but a differnt sort and believe me it made a difference and I was worried about stepping out of the door! I had an op in June/July..cant remember relating to it all and had polyps removed...and a coil inserted....RIGHT AS RAIN NOW!! Honestly....it is wonderful! My doc got me all the tests; I just saw it as an MOT and was eventually given the all clear last month! No more heavy periods, etc...although dont bleed much now at all which is fine. So, do hope all goes well with you.

Wonder if this condition contributes with the weight thing?? As I have a terrible prob with carbs and feeling so full, etc....just a thought....maybe we have a particular type of body!!!!

Enjoy your first meal; sounds lovely....I was hungry reading your menu as I havnt had lunch yet :)!!

Thanks for that Iris. He (and me) doesn't think it's anything sinister, but I was alarmed that it came out of nowhere, after so long on the one kind of pill? I thought if I was going to have irregular bleeding it would've been ongoing? Anyway, I've alerted him to it, he's done something, and theres a plan in place if it doesn't stop, so I'm happy enough with that.

As for refeed (sorry for making you hungry btw!)- I'm playing it pretty safe for the first two weeks before introducing my l/f bolognese/chili sauces. I'll be trying that curry one Tanya posted a while ago as well. I love them over a plate of fresh mixed veg.

I'll be logging my food on another site I use to make sure my protein/carb/fat ratio is looking okay, so I'll be able to 'tweak' my menu's if anythings a bit 'off'. I'm aiming for low-ish carb, low fat, high-ish protein, but not going to get too anal about it (hopefully! LOL!)

Irish

Am I right in understanding you have a thyroid problem? My bleeding came all of a sudden and apparently thyroid problems cause this!!!! It has got a name, but cant remember what it is....

Hope you are doing ok on refeed :)

Irish

Am I right in understanding you have a thyroid problem? My bleeding came all of a sudden and apparently thyroid problems cause this!!!! It has got a name, but cant remember what it is....
Really!! My GP asked if I was taking my medication, but never mentioned a screwy thyroid could cause the bleeding!:eek: Damn thyroid!! :p
He told me to take the tablets and hopefully the bleeding would stop and I could have my smear as scheduled. He also said he'd do an internal during my smear to see if there was any 'obvious' reason I'd been bleeding (like polyps, erosion, fibroids etc.)? I asked what would happen if the bleeding didn't stop, and his reply was "We'll deal with that if it happens", which I took to mean he'd maybe do some hormone blood tests, or a scan?
It's eased off a bit, but it's been doing that so I can't praise the tablets yet, but fingers crossed!
I'll try & find some info on bleeding & thyroid problems- Thanks!

Oh, and refeed is going great! I was so full after my dinner yesterday it was great! I actually left a bit & had it as a tiny 'supper' later on- I hope that was okay, it was still part of my allowed 'dinner', not extra?

Glad your refeed is going ok - how is the totm?
I dont see why it would be a problem you having some of your dinner later on - aslong as it wasnt more than set out :D xxx

That was my reasoning too Tanya? But I wanted to check as 'my' reasoning isn't always the 'right' reasoning! LOL!
The totm has eased a bit, but it's been heavy/light/heavy/light for a while so I'll not come to any conclusions yet? I think they might be working though- fingers crossed! It's not a 'problem' as such- it just alarmed me a bit? I can cope with a little mess (sorry if tmi! ;P) as long as its nothing sinister?
Thanks!

LOL well i hope it clears soon for you :) xxx

Day 3 refeed- And this morning I have the runs....:cry::p
What is UP with my body?! LOL!
Refeed is going to plan so far. Nothing has happened so far to throw me off track. I have a Halloween Party to go to tomorrow night, but it's being held by my skinny (i.e. eats nothing except a little salad & thinks she's fat if her size 8's are a little snug! I love her to bits though! ;))so the food 'should' be alright? Then I have my Hubby's Party in the Pub. I have a costume...sort of? It's a short vampire-ish dress (which I have to exchange for a smaller size this evening- who-hoo!!!:D) which should look alright with some goth jewellery/make-up, black fishnets & knee-high boots? It's a bit 'cheap' looking though, so I'll be looking out for another during a quick shopping trip in the morning- I doubt there'll be much left though. Still, no harm in looking!

whooo smaller size!!! Get you!
Are you drinking alcohol this weekend too then?
Im having a cheeky couple of voddies with diet coke on saturday night with the bf with the healthy curry im cooking - cant bloomin wait! I dont do all this halloween stuff but enjoy yourself mrs :)

I haven't decided yet, but I may sneak one or two?...:eek::)
I have to make 6 loaves of sandwiches, cocktail sausages and a load of mini pizzas for the regulars, so I'm thinking I can have a light beer & flit around being sociable while everyone is tucking in?
I don't 'do' Halloween normally- hence the last-minute mad rush to organise an outfit! And I wouldn't bother only Hubby is the Landlord & won't dress up- I feel I'd better make an effort- especially as people are hiring outfits for the night!

Hi Irish, like I said to Tanya, still catching up on threads since the holidays, but just wanted to wish you well on refeed.

Thanks Mary!

I had a blast on Saturday night. I went as a pirate lady (try to get pics up later) so didn't look too daft- I hope!, and the whole outfit was only £22, including accessories (tights, skull & crossbone earrings & sword-thing) so I was happy enough with that!
I had a quick look on Ebay this morning and theres a brilliant selection of costumes if I need one again (& have more notice! LOL!), but I can use that one for another time anyway as it wasn't really 'halloween-y' iykwim?
I was running round like a mad thing all night organising the food and competition, and only had 2 light beers all night. My poor Hubby wsa run off his feet so I ended up behind the bar helping for a few hours- not easy in a pair of 4" heeled boots!! It was a really late ending, and I was wrecked yesterday. Still it was a great night & everyone was talking about it!
I took the girls (dressed up & faces all painted) trick or treating & to the firework display earlier that night, so they were happy (& exhausted too!)
Went a bit off track yesterday (too much Haribo in my house at the minute...) so will be extra careful for the next few days to counter-act any damage!
SafeRedirect.aspx
Okay- It's very dark, but you get the general idea! LOL!

Last edited:
wahey! glad you had an awesome time my lovely :)
Haribo .... :drool: iv just had a curly wurly - extremely naughty but ya know we cant beat ourselves up about it - we will just rein it in :D hehehehehe

Cant believe your hubby runs a pub! ;) How cool is that?!!! lol

The craic does be great!! But it's hard work. LOOOOONNNNGGG Hours and he rarely gets a night off? Plus he taxi's as well, and works as a digger driver/tarmac layer during the day! So I try to do as much as I can to help out?
Have you noticed with sweets that they're very 'more-ish'? I find it VERY hard to stop at just one or two? It must be the sugar rush? I need to visit some kids to get rid of the halloween excess!!
But when a night like Halloween goes well it makes it worthwhile!

yikes! your husband is a work-a-holic by the sounds of it!!!!!!!

Ah yeah ... its defo a sugar rush! You cant just have 1 haribo sweet - got to have a handfull!

Back