Ironing.. Why?

I iron EVERYTHING! except of course socks and towels. Even pants have sometimes been done, except lacy ones, cos once my fave pair got stuck to the iron. DH irons his own work shirts. 20 years ago he complained that I put a tramline (all 1" of it) down the sleeve. So I haven't ironed his shirts since. Nice flat bedlinen is lush too! It just looks so good! There are 9 of us at work and only 2 of us iron!

I have seen the light as far as ironing goes. Used to iron every day, including pants, then realised just how much time I spent ironing. I know iron once a week, only really essential items and now begrudge doing that.

So glad I saw the light :D

LOL.. do you really iron bedsheets??
x x

Yes, yes I do.....I hate anything creased....:D

I know. I'm bonkers:eek: I feel sure that if I did pass the job over, the amount of washing and ironing would reduce drastically.

BTW, does anyone know why teens 'hang' their clothes on the floor?:confused:

Mine aren't even teenagers - 5,7 and 12 and all of them hang stuff on the floor....:rolleyes: Mind you have trained them all to put dirty stuff in the wash basket - though eldest is the worst for not doing it!!!

Erm .. isn't that why fitted sheets were invented? :eek:

All you have to do is stretch (freshly washed and air-dried) fitted sheets over the bed - et voila! No creases :D

God bless elastic :happy036:

I still iron fitted sheets - and even 'non-iron' ones cos no matter what they say they are always creased even after washing.... I just couldn't not iron things - including bedding!:eek:

I iron EVERYTHING! except of course socks and towels. Even pants have sometimes been done, except lacy ones, cos once my fave pair got stuck to the iron. DH irons his own work shirts. 20 years ago he complained that I put a tramline (all 1" of it) down the sleeve. So I haven't ironed his shirts since. Nice flat bedlinen is lush too! It just looks so good! There are 9 of us at work and only 2 of us iron!

Yay.... a girl after my own heart though we look like we are in the minority BB....:rolleyes: (i confess to ironing towels/flannels/teatowels but never ever iron pants/knickers or socks...:D

i deff agree.. life is too short to do ironing.. hehe.. Thats my excuse anyways.. Heck.. they will get creased again.. Im just doing my washing now.. and i shall NOT be ironing.. hehe

x x x

I do love my crisp cotton ironed sheets and yes I do iron the fitted sheet.:D

I don't iron towels/tea towels or underwear...well not now:p

Yes, yes I do.....I hate anything creased....:D

Mine aren't even teenagers - 5,7 and 12 and all of them hang stuff on the floor....:rolleyes: Mind you have trained them all to put dirty stuff in the wash basket - though eldest is the worst for not doing it!!!

I still iron fitted sheets - and even 'non-iron' ones cos no matter what they say they are always creased even after washing.... I just couldn't not iron things - including bedding!:eek:

Yay.... a girl after my own heart though we look like we are in the minority BB....:rolleyes: (i confess to ironing towels/flannels/teatowels but never ever iron pants/knickers or socks...:D

Completely agree with the above although my kids are 14 and 17. LOL!

BTW, does anyone know why teens 'hang' their clothes on the floor?:confused:

I've got a teen with a floordrobe too! :rolleyes::sigh: He's so bad that you can't even see the carpet, there are games cases, mags, clothes everywhere and it really annoys the heck out of me! :rolleyes:

Doesn't help that DS2 tries clothes on and then if he changes his mind, he puts them straight out to wash again.

Even worse, I reckon he put clean stuff (pants, socks etc) straight back in the wash because it's quicker than putting them away:sigh:[/quote]

Mine does that too. :mad: Even when I show him that the 'dirty' clothes he thrown in the washing basket are still folded he says "I've worn that" - YEAH RIGHT luv! :rolleyes::mad:

I've got a teen with a floordrobe too! :rolleyes::sigh: He's so bad that you can't even see the carpet, there are games cases, mags, clothes everywhere and it really annoys the heck out of me! :rolleyes:

Doesn't help that DS2 tries clothes on and then if he changes his mind, he puts them straight out to wash again.

Even worse, I reckon he put clean stuff (pants, socks etc) straight back in the wash because it's quicker than putting them away:sigh:

Mine does that too. :mad: Even when I show him that the 'dirty' clothes he thrown in the washing basket are still folded he says "I've worn that" - YEAH RIGHT luv! :rolleyes::mad:[/quote]

I have so much to look forward too......:rolleyes:

I have worked it out as I am menopausal my daughter will be hormonal.... deep f*ckin joy.....:eek: I have said I'll just sit in a chair rockin back and forward drinking vodka...lol - may even take up smoking again then.....:D

Anyway - can't stop here chatting all day - I've got ironing to do don't ya know....lol - oh and a film to watch with the kids at the same time - I is woman and I can multi-task....:D;)

Mine does that too. :mad: Even when I show him that the 'dirty' clothes he thrown in the washing basket are still folded he says "I've worn that" - YEAH RIGHT luv! :rolleyes::mad:

I have worked it out as I am menopausal my daughter will be hormonal.... deep f*ckin joy.....:eek: I have said I'll just sit in a chair rockin back and forward drinking vodka...lol - may even take up smoking again then.....:D

I'm seriously considering doing that myself Mich!I have my aunties rocking chair in the sitting room but it's usually used as a dumping chair for stuff that needs putting away upstairs! I can just see me rocking back and forward with a very large JD and coke and humming Nickleback songs! lol:D

Anyway - can't stop here chatting all day - I've got ironing to do don't ya know....lol - oh and a film to watch with the kids at the same time - I is woman and I can multi-task....:D;)[/quote]

I'm a lazy ironer :eek: I just do the sleeves and collar on my work shirts, not the trousers or jackets. Although I do iron my own trousers (only 'cos they're combat style and look terrible creased!) and the kids' uniforms. I try to not iron everything else.:rolleyes::D

You truly are a super woman Mich lol! SUPERMICH!!:D:D

I've just multi-tasked too, thrown Amy into the bath (she washes herself nowadays and I just do her hair-saves so much aggro!) While she was in there I threw myself onto my bed and had a few minutes relaxation! :D:D I don't get enough Me-time! :D

Even worse, I reckon he put clean stuff (pants, socks etc) straight back in the wash because it's quicker than putting them away:sigh:

I have one like this too......often find folded clothes in the washing basket.

I'm seriously considering doing that myself Mich!I have my aunties rocking chair in the sitting room but it's usually used as a dumping chair for stuff that needs putting away upstairs! I can just see me rocking back and forward with a very large JD and coke and humming Nickleback songs! lol:D

Anyway - can't stop here chatting all day - I've got ironing to do don't ya know....lol - oh and a film to watch with the kids at the same time - I is woman and I can multi-task....:D;)

I'm a lazy ironer :eek: I just do the sleeves and collar on my work shirts, not the trousers or jackets. Although I do iron my own trousers (only 'cos they're combat style and look terrible creased!) and the kids' uniforms. I try to not iron everything else.:rolleyes::D

You truly are a super woman Mich lol! SUPERMICH!!:D:D

I've just multi-tasked too, thrown Amy into the bath (she washes herself nowadays and I just do her hair-saves so much aggro!) While she was in there I threw myself onto my bed and had a few minutes relaxation! :D:D I don't get enough Me-time! :D[/quote]

:rotflmao::rotflmao: - sounds a good form of multi-tasking to me Mrs D....:D I do I have to say get alot of 'me' time..... I have a good OH.....;)

:superwoman:

This is Me....... SUPERMICH....... not really I just had a mother who is very houseproud and ironed everything - she taught me all I know..... thanks mum:rolleyes:

Mind you my house isnt as clean as it should be but hey ho..... at least the kids ain't crumpled....lol

OK - just done No.1 son clothes - off to do No.2 son then DD (always leave the crapyy stuff ie. ours till last..... why????)

:rotflmao::rotflmao: - sounds a good form of multi-tasking to me Mrs D....:D I do I have to say get alot of 'me' time..... I have a good OH.....;)

:superwoman:

This is Me....... SUPERMICH....... not really I just had a mother who is very houseproud and ironed everything - she taught me all I know..... thanks mum:rolleyes:

Mind you my house isnt as clean as it should be but hey ho..... at least the kids ain't crumpled....lol

OK - just done No.1 son clothes - off to do No.2 son then DD (always leave the crapyy stuff ie. ours till last..... why????)

We're mum's - we always put ourselves last and everyone else first!:rolleyes: Deffo need to learn to be more selfish sometimes! :rolleyes::D

Before me and the X split up he used to have the kids for a whole day while I spent some 'me-time' window shopping, trying shoes on etc. But that was 3 years ago and he's turned into a selfish b@$tard since then! :rolleyes: S'pose I'll have to make sure I get some once in a while lol! :D

My mum used to iron everything but socks.....my brothers ex girlfriend used to iron everything .......!
Since being pregnant, if used the dryer I get it straight out and try to get away with what I can !
I dont do bedding or towels just shirts, tshirts, and trousers......!

Hi guys! I'm really lazy and can't stand ironing so i found a lovely lady who lives 5 mins from me who does my ironing for me!!! lol She even collects it and delivers it back!!!!

Back