Is 2lb a week realistic?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by EmmaLou, 10 January 2011 Social URL.

1. EmmaLou

EmmaLou Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(15.18%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi all,
    Just a quick question, i am on day 6 of my first week. this is my first time doing SW. I don't have a chance to go meetings at the moment, because OH works late, so no one to look after children and there are no morning groups near me. Anyway I would love to lose 4st by end July. I need to lose 6st. So I'm aiming for 2lb a week loss. Do you think this is realistic??
    Any advice, tips or general comments welcome.
    Thanks Emma x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. EmmaLou

EmmaLou Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(15.18%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Bump

4. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    Hi Emma. You probably haven't had any replies as you posted this in the diary section. A general query like this should go in the main section.

As for your question, I found that first time round (long story lol) I couldn't keep losing 2 lbs each and every week. It was more like 1 - 2 . This doesn't mean you couldn't tho. Drink plenty of water, exercise (my downfall), eat plenty of superfree and speed foods and you could do it I bet. Try not to beat up on yourself if you don't make it tho. Hope that helps. Good luck!

5. TRICKYTREE

TRICKYTREE Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    my average over 6 months is 1.25lbs and i am happy with that. It is a way of life for me now and if i had lost a lot in a short space of time i don't think i would still be losing...and you should see the wonderful food i eat.

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.