Is anyone doing Slim Fast at the moment?

Hi all I'm at my daughter's till tomorrow have tried to stick with slimfast 80% of the time will be glad when I get home & get back to it 100%. I actually like all the shakes apart from coffee I found a caramel one but haven't tried that yet am hoping it's nice ;-) xx

Hi there,

I started last Monday, at 9st 4lb, menopause has caused me to put on a stone, and unless I want to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes, I need to lose it! My target is to lose half a stone before my holibob in September, and judging by the success stories I'm reading, is totally do-able.

My first weigh in tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a few pounds off.....I'm trying to only weigh in once a week, temptation has it to nip on the scales every day, but just in case I can't see a weight loss, I don't want to be disheartened.

Good luck to all of us. xx

Hi
Subscribing.
Im starting slim fast again, slowly but surely, having one for breakfast n healthy lunch n tea n just eating salad n fruit n veg, cutting out bread n any form of cake, trying to stick to alcohol (my vice) at wkends only. So will see how i go. My diary is in weight loss diary section if u want to join. Its rather lonely on here i used to be on years ago but feel all new again.
Good luck on ur journey xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi everyone well ive done better than I first thought ive been on slim fast for 10 days now and have lossed 4 pounds! wahoo! so im not far off my target of 10.7 I need to stick at it my holiday is in 2.5 weeks! think probably all the exercise has helped a lot, im having a day off from gym today ive been non stop since Saturday with all that walking then a class everyday, so ill go tomoz to circuit training which was really good last time. hope everyone else is doing well!

It's a bit lonely in here on my own:eek:

I'm just wondering if anyone is currently following the plan, other than me;)

Mel x

I am Mel. I've been doing it since July 1; so far I've lost 5 lbs [I weigh on Monday's]. It's mind over matter/hunger for me. I'm a size 12 now and would like to get back down to a healthy size 8. Been doing a lot of swimming in the pool for exercise this summer. Nice to meet you.
Lori

Ive been doing slimfast for about 4 weeks now and have lost 9lbs that I am aware of (I didn't weigh myself the first week so not quite sure what my starting weight was :mad:). I find it quite easy - mainly because I don't have to think. I drink loads of water too as that seems to fill me up, plus have been doing the 30 Day Shred for the last few days which will hopefully help.

Good luck to everyone...:D

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the 30 day shred?

Its an exercise programme that is 30 days. It's only about 20 mins per day but it's a killer. It's 3 levels that you do 10 days each. It's great if you dont have a lot of time but want a thorough workout at home. If you look on you tube, it's on there.

Hi all I've still been using slimfast but haven't been as strict last couple of weeks so weight has stayed the same which I'm happy about thought I might have put some back on
;-) hope ur all having a good week xx

Woo-hoo......lost the 2lbs I put on last weekend. Back to where I started now!!

Note To Self : Must try harder!

Hi everyone! Wells one on your 2lb essexleeb. How are you finding it? I'm now 3 weeks in stayed the same for week 2 and lost 1lb in week 3 so 6lb off in total. I'm getting used the the plan now and don't generally feel hungry but think that is also down to the weather. I'm hoping for a good loss next week so fingers crossed. He is everyone getting on? What is everyone eating for their 600 cals meal?

Hi Redstaff. The SF forum is very quiet, maybe its the heat :character00238:. I really hope that when I weigh in on Thursday, I've lost at least a pound, if not, I don't know if this is the diet for me? I stick rigidly to it ( now I'm over the wobble with the picnic last Sunday).

Made a lovely dinner tonight, tagliatelle, with a home made tomato, onion, pepper, and mushroom sauce, with chopped up grilled bacon on top. Yummy. I use My Fitness Pal, to calculate my daily calorie intake, so its really accurate, and I don't go over my 1200calories. In fact, when I look back over the last week, MFP, tell me I'm not eating enough! My calorie intake has been 827/692/991/1210/1011/915 over the past few days, so I need to try and keep it around the recommended 1200.

It doesn't help that I hate exercising, that obviously would help, but the only thing I really like doing is walking, so I try to have a walk in my lunchbreak, but when I get in from work, I'm too tired, and lazy to do anything!

Any hints or tips that you have would be great. I love to hear other peoples ideas....

Hello :) I am on week 5, lost 15.5lbs in the first month but still got a long way to go. I am trying to swim 3 or 4 times a week to help me lose and I also feel a lot fitter than I was before. I weigh in on Monday so I will let you know how I get on. Had a bit of a pig out yesterday but back on track today.

Hey, I am starting SlimFast tomorrow, quite excited as have done it before and know it works well for me. Will be good to talk to other people following the plan to help keep me on track.:D

How has your first day gone Bluecow?
I lost 1.5lbs this week, think because I had got away with having bits of treats the other weeks I might have pushed my luck a bit this week (been swimming 3 times as well) I actually feel like I am looking a bit better this week so I'm still loving it :talk017: off for another swim tonight.

Okay so minimins decided to not post my last reply so here goes take two!!:mad:

:wavey: Hi VickyPie, my first day went well thanks! Ended up with a bit of a headache late evening which I think was probably down to not eating enough, but am feeling much better today. Am a bit annoyed that I seem to be eating mostly crap for my snacks, but I am staying in my calorie limit which I guess is the main thing - definitely going to try and include some more fruit and veg the rest of the week though.

Well done on your loss and your overall loss so far - looks like you are doing a fantastic job. Swimming is such good exercise as well and will help you feel so much fitter and healthier. I am currently not doing much exercise bar a couple of walks, when I am back at uni I will unfreeze my gym membership and hopefully get back into the gym.

Do you have a diary? Would be interested in seeing what you eat etc as you really have done so well.

Hi there, another newbie here.
im starting slimfast on Monday,

I'm seriously overweight, prob about 10 stone to lose, so going yo be a long journey for me.

Looks like you are all doing amazing so far!! Hope I can join you in some serious pound shedding soon
x

How is everyone getting on?
Bluecow - I have just seen your question sorry! No I don't have a diary, I just tend to have 2 x shakes, 2 or 3 x 100 cal snacks and then for my tea I have something like chicken salad, veg stir fry, omelette and home made coleslaw. I'm not strict with my 600 cal meal because I do have a lot to lose. If my loss showed down (and I didn't know why) then I will start sticking to 600 calorie :)

Hi, I'm thinking about doing Slim Fast for the first time, it's probably about the only diet I've never tried! Need to go buy some Lacto Free skimmed milk as I can't have normal milk so I can have the shakes. I've got a lot of weight I want to lose, which I find really daunting. I find it really hard to stick to diets though, I do like my food *blushes*. I don't eat rubbish food, just too much of it.

Back