Is anyone doing Slim Fast at the moment?

Unfortunately so :( I have come from months in the SW forums which are packed,but obviously not as many of us on slim fast! Have you been on the plan long?

no was doing sw but it was too easy to go offthe rails! am just starting my second week on sf. love the structure of it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

100% agree, I am exactly the same - I became a pro at cheating SW!!

Hi all!
Well I'm on day 5 and loving it so far.
Am a bit windy. Not sure whether that's the milk from the shakes (ready made may well be better) or maybe it's the popcorn snack I'm having every day! Will have to test it.
Weigh in on Monday but I have had a sneaky weigh in and have lost 4lbs so far.
Fab but a mere drop in the ocean unfortunately! x

Yes thank you. Not good for my weight tho. France had to much tempting food.

Have been good today tho. 2x shakes and 2 snacks (quavers and raspberries, not together) got some biscuits for next snack then for tea am cooking pasta bolagnase. Am cheating with a jar but that's only 56 cals for 1/4 jar. With cheese and meat should work out about 550.

Thanks, she's 4 months old now! Gone so quickly! I have to say it is hard being at home and not being able to snack, I've got a big bag of carrot sticks I've been dipping into :) I've been asked to be a bridesmaid in dec which will be my motivation for now, hope everyone else is doing ok! Xx

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well.

I really need to bring my head back in the game. I lost 2st with slim fast about 18months ago and did well keeping that off. Due to a bout of depression and some rather horrendous eating, I've put 3st on ?

I've got some slim fast left and am hoping to start again on Monday. It was my birthday yesterday and I felt so fat and frumpy. At 28! I want to be slim and slinky for 30 so that gives me 2yrs to lose 7st.

I'm hoping for lots of encouragement! Please! I'm useless at sticking to diets!

Andrea x

Hello everyone!
I started Slimfast on Wednesday after getting back from a lovely week in Marbella and realising I am the heaviest I've ever been.
I've been getting so sick of my old clothes not fitting and wearing baggy stuff all the time that I am determined to lose the weight.
I'm off to America at the end of the month so hoping to lose some weight before then to allow for some which will inevitably go on whilst I'm in the states! And also to feel a bit nicer on hols.
I'm finding the shakes alright at the moment - though they make me really thirsty - does this happen to anyone else?!

Hi everyone *Waves*

I am Binky, i have managed to lose 13lbs using MFP and calorie counting, the problem i am having is that i am a naughty snacker (still within my calorie allowance) and want to have a little more structure to my day, I also like the idea of the convenience of slim fast, am going to get a tub of slim fast tomorrow from boots as they have 1/3 off at the moment and try it for a week to see how i go, I am going to try the strawberry one first =)

Does anyone find they get really hungry on the shakes and what snacks do you all chose? x

Hey Binky,
Well done on losing 13lbs already!
I've been doing SF since Tuesday and haven't found it too bad - I like the structure and convenience of it.
For snacks I've had Muller yoghurts, chocolate rice cakes or soreen fruit loaf lunch box snacks (only 85 cals and really filling!)
Let me know how you get on :) x

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's soooooo slow!!
I'm getting really impatient!
Been doing SF for two weeks tomorrow. Lost 4lbs the first week (but after weighing weighed again and had lost 5lb - recorded it as 4lb though) and weighed myself today and am 5lb down so really that means I've lost nothing this week!!
On average I'm prob having 1400 cals a day
2 x shakes - 440
3 x snacks - 300
Dinner - 600

As that is what it tells you to do, but maybe 1400 is too much?!?

Hey Binky, Well done on losing 13lbs already! I've been doing SF since Tuesday and haven't found it too bad - I like the structure and convenience of it. For snacks I've had Muller yoghurts, chocolate rice cakes or soreen fruit loaf lunch box snacks (only 85 cals and really filling!) Let me know how you get on :) x Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you my lovely, I am doing well on CC but am only losing 1lb a week to two weeks average, I stick to my 1200 calories most days and exercise a lot but think it is because I am having too many naughty snacks x

Oooo mullets and rice cake sound good, are you finding it easier as you go on? X

Am going to try the slim fast for a week at first and see how I get on, the hardest thing is going to be giving up diet coke as apparently you shouldn't drink it while on SF?

I am hoping to have a banana in the morning, shake for lunch, an apple and SF snack bar afternoon and cucumber and carrot sticks before dinner to keep me going. My dinners are not usually as high as 600 calories so have a little to play with, will have the other shake as needed x

The thing I am worried about is having nothing sustainable in my tummy but hoping I will be too busy to notice that x

It's soooooo slow!! I'm getting really impatient! Been doing SF for two weeks tomorrow. Lost 4lbs the first week (but after weighing weighed again and had lost 5lb - recorded it as 4lb though) and weighed myself today and am 5lb down so really that means I've lost nothing this week!! On average I'm prob having 1400 cals a day 2 x shakes - 440 3 x snacks - 300 Dinner - 600 As that is what it tells you to do, but maybe 1400 is too much?!?

Hmmm that does sound frustrating :(

Are you eating healthy snacks? Could you try reducing your dinner to 500 calories to see if it makes a difference? And do you exercise and drink lots of water as I think this plan works best if you do x

Yep think I need to have healthier snacks, drink a LOT more water and get off my bum and do some exercise!!!!

What snacks do you have? X

I have had an apple today and will be having a banana with my next shake, I am also going to try a slim fast bar x

Do you think it is okay to have pepsimax or diet coke with this diet? Sorry for all the questions x x

Hi all,
Had my first weigh in today and I've lost 7lbs so I'm happy with that.
Binky, I've had diet coke over this past week and have still lost so I wouldn't worry too much about that :) x

Hi all, Had my first weigh in today and I've lost 7lbs so I'm happy with that. Binky, I've had diet coke over this past week and have still lost so I wouldn't worry too much about that :) x

Wow well done, that is a great loss x

Thank you, I had a can the first day but didn't enjoy it, have noticed I have a bit of a headache today so thinking caffeine withdrawal lol x

Hi All, how is everyone doing? I am thinking about giving the powder milkshakes a try (usually stick to the pre-made ones as it is so much simpler) however they are quite a bit more expensive I think - However I can't get out of my head that the ones to make at home won't be as nice! x

Back