Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

Officially a 3lb loss and well into the next stone. Happy!

ooh well done, that's a great loss and bonus into the next stone down. :)

another lb off for me this week, I'm now 11.3 - really hope I don't put it all back on next week on holiday! :D

You never know... you might even come back under the 11st mark.... that would be a result! Are you going somewhere nice? Somewhere you'll be doing lots of walking/swimming etc or just chilling by the pool/beach?

Scales yesterday/today have gone back up. This am i was 14.10 1/3, tonight I'm 14.12 1/2. Unsure why although I did have a bad day yesterday. Sigh. I have until next Monday to get them moving down again. Putting it down to bloat and keeping on keeping on!

Scales yesterday/today have gone back up. This am i was 14.10 1/3, tonight I'm 14.12 1/2. Unsure why although I did have a bad day yesterday. Sigh. I have until next Monday to get them moving down again. Putting it down to bloat and keeping on keeping on!

That's because you've eaten and drunk quite a lot of fluid through the day and you are essentially weighing that too if you way in the evening. Overnight, you lose fluid through sweat (sorry, I don't mean to imply you are a super sweaty person, everyone does) and also when you are breathing out, you exhale moisture (think of the steamy breath you see on a frosty day or if you breathe onto cold glass) and it's surprising just how much that can weigh. I always weigh on the same day each week, wearing the same (which is nothing lol) and after I've pee'd, sorry if that is TMI :) That gives you the best possible result.
On the other hand if you are going to class and get weighed later in the day, always try and wear similar weight clothes. Don't compare your class weight with weighing at home in the morning, as it can show quite a lot of difference.
Don't despair, and it really IS best to only weigh once a week but I admit, I often cheekily weigh other days too.

Thanks cloudy6. Evening weight is same as at class but I know you're right and I should avoid the scales.

My big plan is to get to 13st ish and feel what it's like to maintain at that weight. At that point I'll try hard to weigh weekly.

Down to 8st 3 3/4 this morning!! That would mean i'm back in target range but I musn't get too excited as its not until wed's evening and we all know that things can change by then!!!

I've been abroad for a week, got back and jumped on the scales to see I'd gained 8lb :eek:
Thankfully, it was at night and the next morning it had changed to a 4lb gain. Not bad for a week all inclusive but I need to work hard to get it back off again. Was pretty weird not weighing myself daily whilst away though :flirt2:

Phew, I bet your heart sank lumina. I lost 3lbs this week, now 14.7 3/4 in am, just sneaked 14.9 on evening scales.

Next aim is 14.7 for next week and 14.5 on morning scales...

Have new scales that weigh me heavier by 2lbs than gym and slimming world. I constantly compare home scales to gym scales and then WI at SW - honestly do my own head in sometimes!!!!

My scales were broken last week and I gained 2.5lbs. Back on it with a vengeance and 14.8 3/4 this am. Aiming for a 100% week on plan and a 5lb loss!

Last edited:
I am on the scales first thing every morning just cant break the habit

14.6 today after 2 days totally on plan. So it looks like I've lost my 2.5 gain. Now I just need to keep on plan to have a 'proper loss' on Monday.

Back