Is anyone else doing Cambridge at the moment?

Well done on your inch loss and weight loss Kaz! Is your back any better now, I hope so. When I told HMP earlier about the Christmas challenge, I started wondering if I told you about it? Anyway if you like challenges it's on the challenges thread. My weigh in is on Thursday. I would love to lose 4lbs to get in the 13 St, but we'll see!

Thank you Katherine. Feeling low this evening but that’s just Hormones will be back to normal tomorrow.

I hope you soon feel better Kaz. Look after yourself xxx Maybe try and have an early night if poss? I need one as I have a bit of headache. If I actually get one is a different matter lol

I hope you soon feel better Kaz. Look after yourself xxx Maybe try and have an early night if poss? I need one as I have a bit of headache. If I actually get one is a different matter lol
Yes early night is definitely happening. Just alittle disheartened but will be ok. Just hormones. Hope you bit of headache does turn out into anything.

Hi everyone thought I'd get this going again as I've started the diet today on step 3! Really encouraging reading everyone's success stories for their first weigh ins - hoping mine will be good news also!
Also hoping I'll be able to stick at it as I have a lot of weight to lose!😩
I wanted to ask - for those of you having meals in the evening - what kind of things are you making?

Welcome jobrows4567! I really find this site so helpful, the support on here is great and it keeps me away from food! Good luck with your first week, it does get easier. You have probably heard this before but I find drinking loads of water does help to fill me up.
Sorry I am just on step 2b at the moment. Have you got the booklet from your counsellor with the recommended food in it?

Welcome jobrows4567! I really find this site so helpful, the support on here is great and it keeps me away from food! Good luck with your first week, it does get easier. You have probably heard this before but I find drinking loads of water does help to fill me up.
Sorry I am just on step 2b at the moment. Have you got the booklet from your counsellor with the recommended food in it?
Thanks Katherine12 the site does look really helpful and it's been great reading throgh this particular thread. The tip about drinking lots of water is appreciated also - sounds so simple but I'm sure I'm not alone in forgetting to drink enough every day!

I did get the booklet yes. Had a bit of a read through today and there was a link to the blog which contains recipes. I've read those and planned my next few day's meals. I'm trying to be organised so that hopefully I won't go off plan!

How are you finding step 2b? Still have to get my head all of the steps - it's all new to me!

Hi Jo I had a look at the steps oh my gosh I am on step 1b. There's no 2b! I was confused!
Screenshot_20200910-203330.png

So after doing this diet for 5 weeks I still am a bit confused! Anyway basically what I do is have 4 200cal products a day (normally Cambridge but have swapped one of them for Slimfast occasionally) and probably around 50 cals of milk. The milk is not strictly part of step 1b but my counsellor is happy for me to have it. I have lost 27lbs in 5 weeks as of this morning. Kind of wanted my 2 stone off then I would been in the 13s but that is probably slightly unrealistic!

The first week I found hard, not going to lie. I was really tired and couldn't do much at all. Strangely I wasn't very hungry. I genuinely haven't been very hungry for proper food, despite buying and cooking it for my daughter. Sometimes tempted but nothing really bad. I just drink a couple of glasses of water and I'm OK.

It's great that you have planned your food, that will definitely help you avoid temptation when you are hungry if you know what you're going to have. What I love about this diet as well is the fast results, they have definitely kept me motivated. If you keep to the plan you pretty much guarantee to lose weight. But with WW or SW it wasn't that straightforward when I did it.

So after doing this diet for 5 weeks I still am a bit confused! Anyway basically what I do is have 4 200cal products a day (normally Cambridge but have swapped one of them for Slimfast occasionally) and probably around 50 cals of milk. The milk is not strictly part of step 1b but my counsellor is happy for me to have it. I have lost 27lbs in 5 weeks as of this morning. Kind of wanted my 2 stone off then I would been in the 13s but that is probably slightly unrealistic!

The first week I found hard, not going to lie. I was really tired and couldn't do much at all. Strangely I wasn't very hungry. I genuinely haven't been very hungry for proper food, despite buying and cooking it for my daughter. Sometimes tempted but nothing really bad. I just drink a couple of glasses of water and I'm OK.

It's great that you have planned your food, that will definitely help you avoid temptation when you are hungry if you know what you're going to have. What I love about this diet as well is the fast results, they have definitely kept me motivated. If you keep to the plan you pretty much guarantee to lose weight. But with WW or SW it wasn't that straightforward when I did it.

The lighter life products in superdrug are currently on offer xx

Thanks for the tip Boofle I will have a look at the bars for taking out with me. Although I have to be careful not to have too many bars around as I find them too tempting!

Hi Katherine12 thanks for this. Yes I am finding it OK and also not that hungry! The real test was going in a supermarket today and walking straight past the bakery section which I am surprised I managed as bread is my ultimate weakness! Think I was just thinking of how much I'd paid for the products so I'd better use them and stick to it! 🤣

Are you still tired now? I am not that tired although admittedly I have quite a sedentary lifestyle at the moment with everything that's going on!

My first weigh in is Wednesday and I am excited for the results - like you I hope they are fast. I have also done both SW and WW and, even without cheating, the weight goes off soooo slowly or not all, and then this makes me lose motivation!

Well done for swerving the bread section Jo! Yes I also think that Cambridge is a major investment so I don't want to waste my time or money.

Tiredness for me is much better generally now. After the first 2 weeks I felt more like myself. But still a bit up and down, for example yesterday I had loads of energy and walked loads, even jogged a little bit. Today I have been more and more tired as the day has gone on and could have easily had a nap this afternoon. But I am trying to just sleep at night now so I sleep better and it's a better routine.

Good luck for Wednesday's weigh in. There's a Christmas challenge on here, under the challenges thread if you like challenges. It's for anyone doing any plan, not just Cambridge.

Hi all,

Started Cambridge about 2 weeks ago on the 7/8/20. Getting on great so far, kind of mixing up step 1b and mainly step 2. My consultant is fine with this. I have lost 16lbs so far.

Just wondering if there is anyone else doing Cambridge at the moment so we can support each other :)
Hi how are you getting on. I’m on day 6 but not in Keto’s yet. But Iv lost 8 lb. I’d like to keep I. Touch if that’s ok. Regards julie

Hi Julie well done on getting started and losing 8lbs in 6 days! What step are you doing?

I have been doing 1b for 5 weeks and this is day four of week 6. It's really good. In 5 weeks I have lost 27lbs. The first 2 weeks were the hardest, especially the first week. I felt really exhausted. Have you been tired?

Are you measuring your ketosis with ketostix? I thought about getting some but I am not sure if it's worth it. I guess as long as I am losing weight it's all good :)

Not sure if you like challenges but there's a Christmas challenge open to anyone doing any plan on the challenge thread. I find it just gives me a bit more motivation to be part of it.

Hi I’m not doing Cambridge but I am doing a cheaper online version so I hope you don’t mind if I join you here.

Welcome Blubell.. It's a bit quiet on this thread sometimes, I think people are too busy to post? What are you doing is it something like Exante or Slim & Save?
The whole site is quiet these days really. It’s such a shame compared to how it used to be.
I’m doing the New You diet which is similar to Exante. They’re all pretty similar really. I do miss the support of a consultant though.

Yeah it is a bit of a shame there's not many people on here sometimes. Occasionally I feel like I am talking to myself haha
Me too. Lol. I’ve been wondering how we can get people posting here again.

Back