Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

I spoke to my cdc abt doing the cross trainer and she said it's a good idea so I'll be starting that from tomorrow and I'm aiming to lose another 7lbs hopefully

Does anyone know whether you can do ss, until your target (apart from the one week off at week 12) then eat a healthy balanced diet? I don't want to go through all the other steps?? Too expensive, I want drastic results then eat normally again. It's only baby weight I want to lose so I don't have any issues with food as such..

Is it normal to feel cold?

I never used to feel the cold until I started this diet and now I sit in a hoodie at work! There was one point before Christmas that I would be home with 3 pairs of socks on, a t-shirt, jumper and hoodie and a blanket as well (almost put gloves on also). Then my flat mate would come in and open the balcony doors and windows and be annoyed when I would close them - IT'S WINTER!!!

Last edited:
God rice pudding is vile, tastes like salt, I've had to chuck it and made omelet instead :( guess it's soup and shakes for me

OMG the chewy chocolate bar should be renamed to chewy passout bar it's horrible beyond vile I thought I was going to passout and I've been feeling sick since 3pm :-(

I had the most horrible headache lastnight and I've still got a slight headache today since eating that horrible bar I hope it gets better today

Does anyone know whether you can do ss, until your target (apart from the one week off at week 12) then eat a healthy balanced diet? I don't want to go through all the other steps?? Too expensive, I want drastic results then eat normally again. It's only baby weight I want to lose so I don't have any issues with food as such..

Anyone??

What does your consultant say to that? I personally would still want to do that steps for peace of mind that it wasn't going to come back on straight away (and you should expect about half a stone to come back regardless which is expected coming off a vlcd because of the carbs). I think you can do the higher steps for as little as a week so what's 1 extra month in the grand scheme? And the higher steps are 1 shake a day which isn't that expensive. But like you said....you are capable of switching back to a healthy lifestyle unlike myself who lacks self control, portion control etc. and requires a complete lifestyle change to be on the diet and then to maintain it afterwards so who knows...!

Ultimately your call but I'm not sure you will get many people on here come out and say "yeah, that's fine" to something like that unless they did it themselves. If they did that (jump to healthy living) themselves they will either be at goal and maintaining sucessfully so not really on here that much anymore, or they did it and didn't do the healthy bit and put the weight back on so you will get replies from people saying that you SHOULD make sure to follow all the steps or switch to a less drastic diet the closer to goal you get etc. I'm not sure you will get the answers you are looking/hoping for :-(

What does your consultant say to that? I personally would still want to do that steps for peace of mind that it wasn't going to come back on straight away (and you should expect about half a stone to come back regardless which is expected coming off a vlcd because of the carbs). I think you can do the higher steps for as little as a week so what's 1 extra month in the grand scheme? And the higher steps are 1 shake a day which isn't that expensive. But like you said....you are capable of switching back to a healthy lifestyle unlike myself who lacks self control, portion control etc. and requires a complete lifestyle change to be on the diet and then to maintain it afterwards so who knows...!

Ultimately your call but I'm not sure you will get many people on here come out and say "yeah, that's fine" to something like that unless they did it themselves. If they did that (jump to healthy living) themselves they will either be at goal and maintaining sucessfully so not really on here that much anymore, or they did it and didn't do the healthy bit and put the weight back on so you will get replies from people saying that you SHOULD make sure to follow all the steps or switch to a less drastic diet the closer to goal you get etc. I'm not sure you will get the answers you are looking/hoping for :-(

Thanks for reply. Spoke to consultant about me going back to gym as I love spin classes and she said if I do spinning, I need to jump to step 3 so I guess it's possible

There's always the option of getting cheaper packs from exante or similar and using those to go through the steps?

There's always the option of getting cheaper packs from exante or similar and using those to go through the steps?
Dunno if it's a different product it might not work the same

It should do, they're all pretty much the same. And all ketosis friendly. It's just more expensive via Cambridge because of the counsellor.

Gang... I'm on week 3.
Started at 11st - now done to 10st 5 ... 3rd week weigh in on thurs. I'm starting to feel quite weak on SS and going to step up to step 2 on weigh in day. Does anyone have any step 2 experience? Still lost? Gained?

Good luck all.. Keep going and do as the professionals say! X

Just had weigh in number 2 with a 4lbs loss. Don't know why but I feel a little disappointed by that as it doesn't seem a massive amount to say I'm not eating at all :(

:-( I feel horrible I've eaten once everyday since Sunday I can't believe I've fallen off my track

I haven't been able to stick to it as much as I intended either. A sweet here of there or a peanut...! I know I have been doing a bit of exercise this week but I need to STOP that!!! Just because I do a bit of exercies DOES NOT mean I can have something I know I shouldnt....

It happens ladies, dont dwell on it, tomorrow is a fresh day. :)

Back