Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

Just had weigh in number 2 with a 4lbs loss. Don't know why but I feel a little disappointed by that as it doesn't seem a massive amount to say I'm not eating at all :(
Don't be, 4lb is a lot, abd remember, it's pure fat from now on whereas before was water etc so it will be less but you'll lose size now. :).

P.s can't believe I spent so much on that orange flavored water stuff, god it's horrid, what a waste!!

Don't be, 4lb is a lot, abd remember, it's pure fat from now on whereas before was water etc so it will be less but you'll lose size now. :). P.s can't believe I spent so much on that orange flavored water stuff, god it's horrid, what a waste!!

Thank you. Yeah I think I was just being silly. Oh god I agree the water flavouring is horrid :( xxx

Hi guys! Nice to see more people in Cambridge! I've been on it since August and I've lost over 5 stone. I used to be a size 26 but now I'm a size 16. My tops are all 14. It's important you find your balance with the products coz you are going to be with them for a while, 12 weeks max for some and some go over like me. The shakes I restrict myself to now are choco mint, all the porridges, leek soup and chicken soup. Very boring but at least I can stomach them well. I use the bars for the few days I'm on the move and can't mix up a shake or microwave a porridge, not regularly as I fear they are a bit too carby, lol. I like the lemon, peanut and cranberry only. The rest are simply vile :D. Another nice one for me is the choc velvet ready to drink which makes a lovely mocha for me in the mornings with coffee and hot water. Also an occasional treat. Cambridge is a solution for the morbidly obese that have tried all other conventional methods of weight loss but have not been able to achieve any result at all. Now, Cambridge does not promise lasting results, that is entirely up to you and your relationship with food and exercise so it is advisable you keep that in mind from the get go and open up your mind to wise food choices. Ok, ha ha ha :D I'm practicing to be a consultant soon, sorry for using you all as my guinea pigs :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Don't beat yourself up over giving in. That isn't going to do anything except convince you that you're rubbish at this and lead you to eat more. You need to understand WHY you ate. What were you feeling? How did you rationalise it? When you know what your rationalisation is, you can counter that before it happens. I already know what I will tell myself when I want to cave, 'it's only protein, it won't knock me out of ketosis, I'm hungry, it's better than carbs' but I also know the answers. It's protein that I don't need, and if I'm not hungry and don't need it then I want it for another reason. That other reason will still be there if I eat this, and then what will I do?' I then address what's going on (boredom, tiredness, emotional eating, frustration) and go off and find a healthy outlet. I've only been doing it for 2 weeks but yesterday I held a can of tuna in my hand and put it down again. Tuesday I cooked up a batch of frozen breakfasts for my boyfriend and handled eggs, peppers, sausages etc and used that thinking to keep me on track. You need to recognise the harmful thoughts, and that only comes from facing up to them and analysing them. Most irrational thinking (like for example, oh I've eaten this piece of ham, I might as well order a pizza) don't stand up to logic, so use the logic against them!

We wouldn't be here if we didn't have a messed up relationship with food, and these weak moments are the ones that really give you an insight. They're not disasters, they're learning opportunities.

Very well said, funny farm, spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

How's everyone doing? I've found the weekend harder than the week. We usually do lots of food-related stuff at the weekend and I also have to cook three meals a day for my family. It's much easier during the week, at work!

I'm starting to do ss+ more and more which I didn't want to do really as I want max weight loss. I struggle at weekends too, especially when we watch a film because we have munchies during ...not the same with a pint of water. :(

Suzie I don't think changing to SS+ will dramatically make any difference to your weight loss. If there is more chance of you sticking to it then do it.

I changed on Saturday and know that sticking to SS would have been harder. I would have done it, but I don't see the point of making it too hard.

Food never tasted so good after only 10 days without it!

Suzie I don't think changing to SS+ will dramatically make any difference to your weight loss. If there is more chance of you sticking to it then do it.

I changed on Saturday and know that sticking to SS would have been harder. I would have done it, but I don't see the point of making it too hard.

Food never tasted so good after only 10 days without it!
I know, who'd of thought tuna and lettuce was so nice. Can't wait to eat toast again

I'm the opposite: I find SS easier than anything else because it's so clear cut and definite. I find that once I am "allowed" a few items it quickly grows to "just one won't hurt" etc etc. Much easier for me to put all those decisions and internal battles to one side for a bit. Isn't it great that CWP has so many options though so everyone can find something that suits them?

@spanglymum agreed. My issues are when I go to Greggs for a sandwich and come out with crisps, cakes and pasties!

I'm with Spanglymum on this too. For me, stuff like needing food to do something, whether that's watching a film or seeing friends is an example of the relationship I need to fix. It's why weight watchers type diets don't work for me, they focus on substitutions rather than addressing why I use food the way that I do. When I'm maintaining I intend to still have treats now and then, but the difference is I will be in control. I might have a pizza on a Saturday night because I've had a really well behaved week and have people coming over, but I won't have it because it's a routine or I feel down and 'deserve' it.

I know everyone's different, but to me we have a huge opportunity while abstaining from food to rebalance things. I've especially found that boredom, sadness and self care are a big problem for me. I can work on those separately while I'm on sole source.

Hello everybody last week I was completely put off cd because I was severely constipated but I'm all good this week it sounds horrible but I'm normal now so I'm back on track from today I need some motivation

Hello everybody last week I was completely put off cd because I was severely constipated but I'm all good this week it sounds horrible but I'm normal now so I'm back on track from today I need some motivation
I'm still bunged up, the fibre stuff helps a little but isn't great, oh and smelly breath

Hey suzie I know how u feel and I hate the bad breathe as well it's horrible...I'm taking the dulcolax tablets they work a wonder

Hi everyone. Well done on the fab losses. I am on day 11. Have lost 10lbs so far so I am over the moon. I am finding it surprisingly easy which feels to good to be true. Fingers crossed it isn't. Is anyone doing the odd ss+ day? I have for the kids sake as they ask why I'm not eating so thought it would be good to sit down with them once a week and eat. My counsellor said it's ok, however I feel incredibly guilty afterwards and as I I have done something really wrong. Lol

I've changed to SS+ full time. Finding the diet harder this time round, not sure why.

Back