Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

I've changed to SS+ full time. Finding the diet harder this time round, not sure why.

I only had a two week break for Christmas and finding it much much harder this time around as well! Opted for step 2 with some step 3 evening meals maybe once or twice a week as started to exercise when I found SS too difficult to go back to.

How do you find going back to SS after a SS+ day? My worry would be finding it difficult to get back on the 100% wagon again once I'd 'strayed'.

I must ask my consultant as well about the three packs for being under 5'8" (as a woman) as I'm 5'7.5" and wonder if occasionally it might be better for me to have a fourth pack when I'm finding it difficult. Most of the time it's fine but I've had a couple of days where I could have eaten my own arm off (seriously!) and wonder if I'm on the cusp of needing four a day?

Happy to do three a day as it's cheaper - but I'll ask tonight I think. Second weigh in this evening. I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I know week two losses are usually quite small.

How do you find going back to SS after a SS+ day? My worry would be finding it difficult to get back on the 100% wagon again once I'd 'strayed'.

I must ask my consultant as well about the three packs for being under 5'8" (as a woman) as I'm 5'7.5" and wonder if occasionally it might be better for me to have a fourth pack when I'm finding it difficult. Most of the time it's fine but I've had a couple of days where I could have eaten my own arm off (seriously!) and wonder if I'm on the cusp of needing four a day?

Happy to do three a day as it's cheaper - but I'll ask tonight I think. Second weigh in this evening. I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I know week two losses are usually quite small.

I think it would be better to do SS+ over 4 packs because then it's mostly protien you are gettting. Depends on if you want to start intorducing food back in and dealing with the whole portion control or "that litle bit won't hurt" rubbish that comes with it (which I think you mentioned before but don't want to go look for it...could have been someone else on here :p )

Good luck for this evening!

Yes, that was me, Fay, with the "one bit won't hurt" comment. 4 packs is ok as an occasional thing - or to have some protein like a boiled egg or some tuna. I'm feeling ok today though and happy to be on 3 packs - I guess it will vary from time to time (and no doubt during each month ;))

Spanglymum, I actually don't find it a problem going back to ss after a ss+ day. I usually feel as if I have done something wrong having the meal so that keeps me in check.

I'm gutted I lost 2 lb this week, I have never cheated. I know a loss is a loss and it's all fat but if I keep losing small amounts, I might as well ho back to ww or try slimming world as it's cheaper and I can eat. I've just rejoined a gym so hopefully it will help

Weighed myself last night and gained 2lb :-( I know partly that is to do with starting to exercise properly and gaining a bit of muscle but at the same time I didn't want them to GO UP!!!
What exercise did you do?

Mscle building/toning like lunges, push ups, sit ups etc. Then some cardio on the bike (maybe 30 mins every other day). But I had no muscles at all so will be building them up quite rapidly for the first few weeks. Also gone from step 2 to something that looks like a bit of both...(smaller potions than what you are meant to with step 3)...sometimes I skip the evening meal which I know I shouldn't other times I skip the breakfast and just have a shake.

I'm meant to be on step 3 but I would say it's more step 2 with the carbs from step 3 maybe every other day instead of the evening meal. e.g. Monday I had 3 products and my allowance of sweet potato and that was it.

Mscle building/toning like lunges, push ups, sit ups etc. Then some cardio on the bike (maybe 30 mins every other day). But I had no muscles at all so will be building them up quite rapidly for the first few weeks. Also gone from step 2 to something that looks like a bit of both...(smaller potions than what you are meant to with step 3)...sometimes I skip the evening meal which I know I shouldn't other times I skip the breakfast and just have a shake.

I'm meant to be on step 3 but I would say it's more step 2 with the carbs from step 3 maybe every other day instead of the evening meal. e.g. Monday I had 3 products and my allowance of sweet potato and that was it.
I've got 30 day shred but advised I'd put on weight with that. Think I'll stick with cardio to see if it helps with the loss. Prob is on this diet you also lose muscle mass which isn't good really because I want to be strong still. Maybe it was the carbs which made you add, are they allowed...even on step 3??

I've got 30 day shred but advised I'd put on weight with that. Think I'll stick with cardio to see if it helps with the loss. Prob is on this diet you also lose muscle mass which isn't good really because I want to be strong still. Maybe it was the carbs which made you add, are they allowed...even on step 3??

There are a few carbs you can have on step 3 (weighed out of course) such as sweet potato...certain kinds of pasta...slim noodles etc.

My other half put on a 1lb this week as well so have decided to go back down to step 2 :-(

I'm either gunna scoff some nutella or a cream egg..I'm desperate for sugar....will that knock me out of ketosis??

Most likely....

Really craving pasta with lots of cheese.... :-(

Oh god mac n cheese my favourite, if really naughty I add hotdogs

I've been bad ..very very bad. It started when I was sat in traffic and had a cream egg in my bag ( brought fir hubby ). Scoffed that, got home had two sausages, later I had some crisps and few spoonfuls of nutella :( my baby is I'll with a cold and I've caught it...it was either sugar or a pile if toast so thought sugar would be better.lol

hello since 6th jan I have lost 9lb :-( bit disappointed to be honest

Hi Sashak
I started 1st Jan and up to today I've only lost 10lbs! It is very disheartening but I keep thinking if I wasn't on this plan, would I have put weight on! Keep at it, it's so worth it. Good luck hun xx

Hi Krazzed, how was day 1?

Back