Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

Hey krazzed, I restarted yesterday as well, I'm doing ss+, what you you?

How did your first day go? Mine was fine cause I was really busy but I dread the days when I'm not!

Hey krazzed, I restarted Monday, I'm doing ss+ as I just can't give up milk in my tea, don't know how I'd get through the day! What plan are u on?

How did your first day go? Mine was ok, I was really busy so that makes it easier.

Hey red6,

Well I'm doing sole source but like you need milk in my tea so am allowing myself that one treat so a hybrid of ss and ss + I guess. Yesterday was not too bad but I know today and tomorrow will be more difficult! How long did u do it before? How much do u want to lose?

I did it last year and got to 11stone from 13 stone but put on a stone over Xmas (stupid me!) when I go off plan I just seem to go mad!

I did maintain at 11 stone for ages but I wanted to get down to 10 stone but I was always good during the week then come the weekend I'd put on the weight I'd lost, I blame my friends.

So this time I don't want to faff about as it takes so much longer. I'm 12.3 stone as if yesterday and I want to be 10stone and I'm 5ft 1.

I've always read this site but never joined and I'm finding it really helpful as I haven't told my friends I'm doing this so any support is great.

Great. You should reach your target in 2-4 months then depending on how you go which is fab! What part of the country are you from. Did u find it easier when u went into ketosis? Yea I've only told two people this time because I don't wany people to think Ohhhh what is she trying this time. I am going to do it this time I can feel it. What keeps you motivated?

I have a wedding in 7 weeks so that's a good motivator but my main one is the summer, I just don't want another summer where I dread what I'm gona wear every morning! How about you?

Hi guys, can i jump in ??? I too don't want another fat summer !! Fed up of going on holiday being the fat one !!!!i am trying to set myself mini goals so i don't become disheartened!!! I need to lose 3st+,, but that sounds allot in one go and i am impatient,, so i am trying to go for 7lbs as my little targets and reward myself when i reach then ((not with food, may i add)) lolx
I am also 5ft1.5inch and aiming for 10 st

Yeah I just hate the filling of being the fat one in the room like the pink elephant or something. I also can't wear what I want and actively dismiss things on the basis that I know I will just look like a hot air balloon in them. I used to be 10 st and size 12 but then I met my fiance and get comfortable. I have nearly put on a stone for every year we've been together... Crazy. I don't think he realised how much I weighed. His face was a picture yesterday when I told him. He was also skinny when we met but then put on quite a bit during my uni days and then lost it all about three years ago... Lucky sod. So I feel like I'm the slacker in the relationship!! Men just seem to be able to disengage their brains from food better and not eat. Women crave everything under the sun and look for any excuse to break their target. I remember last time if we had an argument I would be like f**k him I'm getting a kfc... Haha but in reality the only person I was hurting was myself!!! It's crazy what tricks the mind will play on you to get what it wants. I call my brain fat brain.

Hi guys, can i jump in ??? I too don't want another fat summer !! Fed up of going on holiday being the fat one !!!!i am trying to set myself mini goals so i don't become disheartened!!! I need to lose 3st+,, but that sounds allot in one go and i am impatient,, so i am trying to go for 7lbs as my little targets and reward myself when i reach then ((not with food, may i add)) lolx
I am also 5ft1.5inch and aiming for 10 st

Hey, I like you put 5ft 1.5, us short people need that .5!!

What plan are you on? My first goal is to get below 11 stone then I'll take it from there.

Hi krazzed, Yeh, by a KFC, that will teach him, I love that.
I have a bad habit of weighing myself every day and if I haven't done well then I'll think oh what the hell I'm gona eat everything then start again Monday, but this could be on Tuesday!! II have to only weigh myself once a week.

Yea just try to avoid weighing yourself daily because peoples weight naturally fluctuates day to day anyway! U need some kind of lock for your weighing scales... Now that's a good idea... Weighing scales that only allow u to use them one day a week! How u finding this week?

I think I'll take the battery out and give it to a friend.
I'm doing ok, I started a new job yesterday so I've been really busy which has helped. I feel really determined this time. I think if I can just get this week over with. I really struggle at the weekends so that will be the big test.

How are you finding this week?

Yes I only started yesterday. I find the evenings tough so that's when I have my two cups of tea to appease the fat brain a bit. I also have a massive sweet tooth so this time round I have decided I will have breakfast buy them save other two for evening times, one savoury and one sweet so it thinks I'm doing the usual dinner and desert thing. I didn't find yesterday as hard as I did last time but maybe because I know what to expect. Weekends are terrible and I'm supposed to be going out this weekend but might just have to cnacel. If I go out I know I will drink!

I find it hard having black tea so have switched to green tea, which I don't like as much. Usually I am a complete Tetley fiend, with unsweetened soya milk, but it's not on the plan and I'm trying v hard to stick to it this time. I find evenings and weekends harder too, krazzed, unless I'm busy. Waiting for pay day so I can set myself up with a nice big, complicated, knitting project!

Haha yes distraction is key. I think the more you think about food the harder it is. I have changed my few point from last time. Rather than saying I can't eat this and that, I am saying I am choosing not to eat this right now because I would rather be slim. And anyway... We have the rest of our lives to eat junk food... You only have a limited amount of years where you look good in a dress. So I'll eat cake when I'm 80 :)

Oh god I'm so depressed folks. Just finished my 4 th week and sts...I've been bad I suppose, 4 sausages in a week but how can that make such a difference? I've done other diet, had them and lost weight. I dont understand, and I've fine loads if walking. Feeling like I wanna give up, especially as it's so expensive :(

Have u had a sts before? I've read all the other threads before and there is a clear pattern with Cambridge that in the 3rd or 4th week people tend to have a really low loss, did your consultant not advise you of that? what plan are you on?

I'm on ss, sometimes ss+. She didn't really advise me. I told her that it was either those or beans on toast and I thought the carbs would be worse somehow but sausages ate the worse thing you can eat ...she Saud beans on toast would've been better...

Back