Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

It's nearly weigh day, that should keep us motivated, just as a reminder my first weigh in is Monday, when is everyone else's?

Welcome! Hope it goes well for you. Headaches are normal so just be well prepared with the pain killers. I got the cwp app so I can track my water intake and it even has a water alarm.... I know!

Today is day 5 for me and still mentally tough. I'm going into ketosis but must bot be fully there yet cos feeling low and all I want is crap. Iv sorted lift my mood though... Went to have my chocolate shake but mixed it with only a little water so it has the consistency and look a bit like angel delight and put in freezer for 5 mins and hey presto a chocolate dessert (kinda like angel delight!) Give it a try and let me know what u think!

wow. that's a brilliant idea. will deffo give that a go!! I tried making a muffin last time but it was rank!! are u gonna have weekly weigh ins?

I'd love to lose 8lb. Don't think I'm in ketosis as still getting headaches.
I tried to get some sticks in the chemist to test and they were really horrid. They asked me why I wanted them and I said why did they want to know as in its none of their bloody business!!! ( i Didn't say that but wanted too) So she went away then she came back and said the pharmacist is out and will be back in an hour so I should come back then. I just left and I will not be going back. They made me feel so uncomfortable, won't be doing that again.

yeah, I'm not quite sure why they're so reluctant to give out the ketostix... if you get really desperate, just say ur getting then for a diabetic friend. mind u, they never did much for me, apparently, they'll go purple even if ur not in ketostis, it can show purple due to not drinking much.

i was 14st 5 at initial weigh in, really hoping to break into the 13's. I think that's a reasonable goal, right?

Yes, if you stick to it you'll be we'll in the 13's, good luck.

Stupid chemist women, there not on prescription so she didn't even need to speak to pharmacist, and she had no right to ask me what I was using them for. I'm over it now but it's nice to have a rant!

Hi everyone hope you don't mind me joining! Just finishing day 2 of CD and have struggled today, currently fighting a cold so felt rubbish after work, didn't cheat today but had a small portion of skinless grilled chicken when I got home as felt very ill and my CDC texted and advised upping protein .However now feeling sick and don't think I can face my 3rd shake of the day... If I skip it and head to bed will it cause a problem? I don't think I am at ketosis yet but don't want to mess up. Any advice appreciated! Thanks x

Erm I'm hoping for 10 pounds. Lost 6 pounds so far so we shall see!!!! How bout you?

I saw somewhere that if the ketosis turns dark purple you're not drinking enough water. Should aim for a middle Salmon colour apparently.

Back